shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you stop buying diamonds....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
...after everything that has happened with the banks lately?

Are you going to keep your money ''just in case'' or carry on as before?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It won''t stop me.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve already cut back on things that are not necessities. I never could afford to spend a ton on jewelry, but my clothes/shoes habit is definitely hurting.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i quit.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have stopped buying ANYTHING.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Never, ever, ever, ever...

Can''t help it; it''s my birthstone... hehehehe

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Nope, just bought three (mine cut) last night
9.gif

a233_12.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I will stop. In fact I was planning on buying diamond studs but have put that on hold and am holding on to the money. I have cut my household budget as much as I can.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder if the price of luxury goods will go down as a result of the current financial climate...

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been on hold for a while, no jewelry, no purses, nothing really. My biggest splurge these days is my hair & I''ve been stretching out appts. quite a bit. After my next appt. I''m going to try coloring my hair again.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
If the financial crisis deepens, I imagine that it could be likely that I''d be buying MORE diamonds and diamond jewelry.

If people feel so nervous or are so pinched by being overextended that they need to liquidate their "extras", I imagine an extended financial crisis means that there will be BIG deals to be had, both at auction houses and craigslist.

f-d-l

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My last diamond purchase was in Nov. 2007 and that was a pendant I bought from WF. After that purchase, I had decided I wouldn''t buy any jewelry for a few years, so the economic situation isn''t changing my plans any.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 9:36:45 AM
Author: Maisie
I wonder if the price of luxury goods will go down as a result of the current financial climate...

New high luxury goods like Balenciaga clothing and LV/Hermes handbags will probably go up, actually. They will become rarer and harder to find in the stores as the market for them contracts. In extended recessions, the brands that target the upper middle class (like Coach, DKNY, Michael Kors do now) get hit hard and the savvy ones respond by starting a lower-priced offshoot using poorer fabrics that are still affordable by the professional and middle classes. In fact, I believe "DKNY" was born the last time a recession happened; it was originally a less-expensive offshoot of the Donna Karen label, which became unaffordable in the US for the coveted mass-market with some disposable income in the recession after the 1987 crash.

f-d-l

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never really spent my money on jewellery but my shoe habit will have to calm down for a bit. It''s just too risky spending that much money on something at that moment.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I stopped buying any extras which is anything past the very basics...rent,food, and gas...im learning to really enjoy the jewelry that i have already.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 12:35:42 PM
Author: bee*
I never really spent my money on jewellery but my shoe habit will have to calm down for a bit. It''s just too risky spending that much money on something at that moment.
But if inflation skyrockets, we''ll NEVER be able to buy shoes again! Right now is the time to gather up a whole new wardrobe!
3.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 8:38:09 AM
Author: purrfectpear
Nope, just bought three (mine cut) last night
9.gif
great pin...enjoy

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t be buying much of anything!!

Purrfectpear,
Love the new pin!!

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Yes for now. FI and I are in full panic mode. We were getting ready to put his place up for sale and start looking into houses but at this point it''s hard to know what the future holds. So, no moe'' bling for me!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t afford them to begin with
20.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I am considering buying a Rolex and I was thinking that maybe I should postpone it. On the other hand, I was also thinking that maybe since times are bad I could get a better deal on one so I should go ahead. If I get a good deal at the end of the year, I may well proceed.

I was looking at them on one of the days when the DJIA was in disaster mode and I felt very weird. Sort of like fiddling while Rome burned.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 2:44:29 PM
Author: Beacon
I am considering buying a Rolex and I was thinking that maybe I should postpone it. On the other hand, I was also thinking that maybe since times are bad I could get a better deal on one so I should go ahead. If I get a good deal at the end of the year, I may well proceed.

I was looking at them on one of the days when the DJIA was in disaster mode and I felt very weird. Sort of like fiddling while Rome burned.
This is how I''ve felt the last couple days looking at wedding bands. I am considering scaling back my original plan for a diamond wedding band and just going with a plain band . . . but I really don''t want to! I want my WB to be a beautiful "forever" band
15.gif
. I''ll have to see how things go--eight and a half months ''til the wedding.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
yeah, no diamonds for me. I''m trying to stay strictly to a budget!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve definitely cut back on my spending, and my SO and i are discussing pushing back engagement because we don''t want to spend such a large amount of money in such uncertain times. Hopefully an upswing is on its way!!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a gorgeous diamond pendant from Whiteflash last month and was thinking of diamond huggy earrings for Christmas but I have definitely changed my mind at this point.

I do not work and my husband makes all of the money so I would feel terribly guilty buying more diamonds right now.

My husband has NOT told me to cut back on the spending but I am constantly buying clothes and taking trips so I am going to cut way back on all of this for now!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
No. I couldn''t afford more diamonds before the meltdown, and I still can''t after it.
41.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no money in piggy bank.
39.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 1:37:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I won''t be buying much of anything!!

Purrfectpear,
Love the new pin!!
same
39.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping for an eternity ring by end of year (November=1st anniversary, December=Christmas) but it''s out of the question now. Jewelry is a true luxury and luxuries are out of the question for now.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to hold off on buying anything that we do not need for a while. I was hoping to have my pear from my original e-ring reset into a pendant for Christmas, but unless our jeweler friend can cut us the deal of the century then that is going to be put on the back burner as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results