shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you get the second covid 19 vaccine booster?

Will you get the second covid vaccine booster?

• yes

Votes: 45 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • not eligible.

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Will you get the second covid vaccine booster?
"People age 50 and up are eligible for a second booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine at least four months after their first, the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention decided Tuesday."

I am going to get it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I get the call, certainly!

I don't qualify for the 4th dose yet, not old or vulnerable enough.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer to find out if/how high I have antibodies before deciding.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Definitely yes, especially in the presence of underlying chronic health issues that can impair a robust immune response if infected. The world is still in pandemic mode and health officials still are playing catch up with COVID and it's recent iterations/mutations. Global pockets of lockdown are again being implemented. Keeping current with one's immunization schedule is a powerful weapon to effect an end to this health calamity.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My antibodies were still high from the first booster I received when I checked in February. So I will retest my antibodies when I see my endocrinologist end of April and decide then.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My antibodies were checked the end of the third week in February. They were >2500..I don’t know that I would get an antibody test too soon after just getting it done a month ago.
Do any healthcare people want to comment if we can overstimulate our immune system by getting a booster when we already have a high antibody count?

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I already had it

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just tried to get it for my husband..No one is allowing it saying according to the CDC guidelines he doesn’t qualify for a fourth shot.
@seaurchin Are you getting yours at a pharmacy?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I signed up at the CVS site online.

I tried CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. The only way I could make an appointment for him would be if he was immunocompromised. I guess our area has a lag.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
My antibodies were checked the end of the third week in February. They were >2500..I don’t know that I would get an antibody test too soon after just getting it done a month ago.
Do any healthcare people want to comment if we can overstimulate our immune system by getting a booster when we already have a high antibody count?

I would rather my immune system be challenged by the COVID vaccination booster than by being challenged by the COVID virus or any of its mutations without the booster. I am a retired Internist. This is a new disease that is spawning mutations and the new data on the disease's infectivity, outcomes and knowledge on treatments and effects on subsets of the population is expanding daily.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would rather my immune system be challenged by the COVID vaccination booster than by being challenged by the COVID virus or any of its mutations without the booster. I am a retired Internist. This is a new disease that is spawning mutations and the new data on the disease's infectivity, outcomes and knowledge on treatments and effects on subsets of the population is expanding daily.

Thank you!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At some point.

While I technically qualify age-wise, I am generally in good health -and- I've always been one to push off any medication until absolutely needed and after its been proven.

The first 3 shots were kind of no brainer but it seems that the benefits of this added booster is less clear given I am under 65 and have no underlying health conditions.

I know I will get one at some point but it seems like the sooner I get it, the less they know and the sooner I will need the next booster. I had my booster 4 months ago so will probably wait at least another 2 and then it probably depends on how things are here or if I want to wait until the fall.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
At some point.

While I technically qualify age-wise, I am generally in good health -and- I've always been one to push off any medication until absolutely needed and after its been proven.

The first 3 shots were kind of no brainer but it seems that the benefits of this added booster is less clear given I am under 65 and have no underlying health conditions.

I know I will get one at some point but it seems like the sooner I get it, the less they know and the sooner I will need the next booster. I had my booster 4 months ago so will probably wait at least another 2 and then it probably depends on how things are here or if I want to wait until the fall.

Your body, your choice. I just scheduled my second booster for tomorrow a.m. deciding not to play Russian roulette with COVID. MY BODY, MY CHOICE.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your body, your choice. I just scheduled my second booster for tomorrow a.m. deciding not to play Russian roulette with COVID. MY BODY, MY CHOICE.

Absolutely...and not sure why you are calling me out as I did not criticize your decision or anyone else's. It's like wearing masks, I still choose to wear them in public where many aren't.

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely...and not sure why you are calling me out as I did not criticize your decision or anyone else's. It's like wearing masks, I still choose to wear them in public where many aren't.

Unfortunately you misinterpreted my statement as criticism. Entirely your choice and I respect that. My caps were my indication of enthusiasm in scheduling the booster vaxx so quickly. I applaud your mask wearing mitigation strategy. I, too, am wearing a mask, N95.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately you misinterpreted my statement as criticism. Entirely your choice and I respect that. My caps were my indication of enthusiasm in scheduling the booster vaxx so quickly. I applaud your mask wearing mitigation strategy. I, too, am wearing a mask, N95.

I definitely want to get the second booster. My only concern is that last month my antibodies were >2500. I’m 68 so definitely at risk for Covid. I’ve read that you can overstimulate your immune system. I’m just wondering if I should wait a bit since my antibodies are high. We can’t even schedule them near me because the pharmacies aren’t scheduling them yet..I will most likely get it when I can from what you said above about it’s better to be challenged by the vaccine than by Covid. I definitely agree with that..

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did so thank you for clarifying and glad you are able to schedule yours so quickly

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
I tried CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. The only way I could make an appointment for him would be if he was immunocompromised. I guess our area has a lag.

There's now a message at the top of the Walgreens.com website stating that online scheduling for the 2nd booster for all people 50 and over and immunocompromised people 12 and over begins on 4/1.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's now a message at the top of the Walgreens.com website stating that online scheduling for the 2nd booster for people 50 and over and immunocompromised people 12 and over begins on 4/1.

Thank you so much!

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
I definitely want to get the second booster. My only concern is that last month my antibodies were >2500. I’m 68 so definitely at risk for Covid. I’ve read that you can overstimulate your immune system. I’m just wondering if I should wait a bit since my antibodies are high. We can’t even schedule them near me because the pharmacies aren’t scheduling them yet..I will most likely get it when I can from what you said above about it’s better to be challenged by the vaccine than by Covid. I definitely agree with that..

The timing of your booster will best be addressed with your medical provider. My comments are my opinions based on current medical literature and guide my decisions on my personal healthcare POA.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting.

"Conclusions A fourth dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine provided considerable additional protection against both SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe disease relative to three doses of the vaccine. However, effectiveness of the fourth dose against infection wanes sooner than that of the third dose."

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadnt really thought about it much. I wonder if the Queen gets the same regimen of shots that everyone else gets? 95 years old
and recovered from covid. (Prince Charles (73) also recovered just fine.) Just makes me wonder...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results