shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you be doing Halloween this year?

Participating or indulging in Halloween this year?

• Yes

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, and to think we might be moving to the next village.......

If they don't have the same community spirit there, I will either set something up or trawl the mile back down the lane to this place!

Yes..I remember you were moving! Did you buy that large lively house that was very private? I remember you mentioning looking at it and trying to decide.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I've always loved Halloween--for decades, I carved no less than 3 pumpkins in those intricate designs. Worth all the work. The parents and kids always complimented how wonderful they were.

Seeing the little kiddies dressed up is the best. Always made my heart sing.

Where we live now, in a very mature neighborhood, they aren't that many Halloweener's . And while I no longer carve pumpkins, I love them and could have a hundred of them around!!! I have pumpkins lights in the house all month! LOL

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the spirit of Halloween and showing off I want to share this!!! I made these guys and they are being added to my collection of Halloween decorations. Will make a bat next year!

PXL_20211029_002909250.PORTRAIT.jpg

They’re adorable!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Nawp, not this year. The kids are getting too old being in high school now, I guess.
They have a Halloween party at the little town hall and a trunk or treat at the Elementary and up at the little breakfast place by the golf course for our town most years. I hope it's happening this year. There is also a haunted house at the old seminary down the street. All local volunteers. They always do a great job, only mildly scary-ish. One of them always plays pretty scary organ music, though.
We used to go to more 'town' towns to trick or treat when the kids were smaller as well. Had a blast! This year it looks like the oldest is going to a party with his buddies and that's it. This pic is of our biggest Halloween fan when she was younger! She was going for menacing, mysterious, and terrifying- I didn't have the heart to tell her she was anything less than adorable:lol-2:

2017_02040086.JPG
* She had to explain to everyone multiple times that no, that's not a doll, but a soul. She's the angel of death, you see.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes..I remember you were moving! Did you buy that large lively house that was very private? I remember you mentioning looking at it and trying to decide.

We didn't buy it as we decided it was too close to a busier road than we're used to. But then a few weeks ago, the Vicarage in the next village was put up for the first time since it was built, a mile down the lane from where we are. @canuk-gal You would love this place. The Church is selling off some of the larger, more rural properties & moving Vicars into smaller urban homes, as the rural ones are costly to upkeep. I'll be honest, it's a huge mess. We took a couple of builders with us to our second viewing to get an (eye watering) estimate for works that runs into more than £250k, but it's stunning & we all fell in love as soon as we pulled into the driveway. The windows are huge & there is so much warm sunlight pouring into every room.

It was built in 1904 & has 6 bedrooms but only ONE bathroom & the toilet is in a separate room by itself :-o The brickwork is stunning with twisted fancy chimneys, there are sevants stairs from the kitchen all the way up 2 storeys to rooms in the attic, over an acre of gardens surrounded by fields, fireplaces galore & high, ornate ceilings. It has SO much potential to be a stunning family home & we are prepared to put in the time, love & money to make it beautiful. It's for sale by sealed & final bids on Fri 5th & we are putting our bid in tomorrow. Finger crossed for us! Will keep you posted!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We didn't buy it as we decided it was too close to a busier road than we're used to. But then a few weeks ago, the Vicarage in the next village was put up for the first time since it was built, a mile down the lane from where we are. @canuk-gal You would love this place. The Church is selling off some of the larger, more rural properties & moving Vicars into smaller urban homes, as the rural ones are costly to upkeep. I'll be honest, it's a huge mess. We took a couple of builders with us to our second viewing to get an (eye watering) estimate for works that runs into more than £250k, but it's stunning & we all fell in love as soon as we pulled into the driveway. The windows are huge & there is so much warm sunlight pouring into every room.

It was built in 1904 & has 6 bedrooms but only ONE bathroom & the toilet is in a separate room by itself :-o The brickwork is stunning with twisted fancy chimneys, there are sevants stairs from the kitchen all the way up 2 storeys to rooms in the attic, over an acre of gardens surrounded by fields, fireplaces galore & high, ornate ceilings. It has SO much potential to be a stunning family home & we are prepared to put in the time, love & money to make it beautiful. It's for sale by sealed & final bids on Fri 5th & we are putting our bid in tomorrow. Finger crossed for us! Will keep you posted!

Fingers crossed for you!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

It sounds lovely! Fingers and toes are crossed for you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good luck...it sounds so cool! If you get it, we'll need pics! Please!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the spirit of Halloween and showing off I want to share this!!! I made these guys and they are being added to my collection of Halloween decorations. Will make a bat next year!

PXL_20211029_002909250.PORTRAIT.jpg

You are so talented @mellowyellowgirl ! These are adorable!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Ally T HOW THRILLING!!!! Sending successful vibes across the kms to you and yours!!!!!!!!! :appl: :bigsmile::wavey:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was the favorite house this year. 60 kids. Night is not over!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
You live in a warm, swell, spot. I am changing out of my PJ's and going out in my PARKA to see the spooky mansions down the street. :lol-2:

It was over 80 degrees!!! :lol:
I did use it as an excuse to take pics of some of my favorite historic houses in the neighborhood :cool2:

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
Husband and neighbors handed out lots of candy to the neighborhood kids.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures from tonight….first the kids, the younger one is the Grim Reaper and the older is Uncle Fester and Thing
A550BF35-D8AC-4A10-AD3A-96528A3DE536.jpeg

Some fun houses and decorations. That pink hair is my DH!
764E6974-2F37-4DFA-8471-176129B9667A.jpeg

97DEF286-BCDC-47BC-A58B-E15883B11E84.jpeg F2A18201-53CE-430A-B796-2DEE1962E7C6.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wrapping up the evening with a few episodes of Wellington Paranormal and The Witches of Eastwick. Nite!

cheers--Sharon

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As the evening winds down here are my observations of the 2021 trick or treaters.. I love kids..especially since I never wanted any of my own LOL I'm the BEST auntie ever!

1. When the nice lady says take 2, the little girls carefully select their tiny precious pieces of candy with scrutiny making sure to get their favorites. Even picking through the bowl to get the best chocolates.
*The little boys use their velociraptor claws to shovel 2 scoops into their bags [honestly I had to laugh]

2. the teens that came out waited until later with their pillow cases BUT all had costumes! I was chuffed..good on them, extra candy bonus in their sacks

3. The prize of the evening went to a 2 foot munchkin. I have frosted glass panels next to my front door, I can see how many kids are out there so I know what I'm about to encounter when I open the door. I'm 5ft nothing..this little munchkin was no taller than 2ft. The second I had the door cracked open from the tiniest little girl came a SCREAM so loud, that I jumped back 3 feet. It was a ROAR. At the top of her little lungs. SHE scared the ever loving SHIT out of me.. and then she exclaimed "IM A BEAR!" I dumped the rest of the entire bowl of candy in her bag as I belly laughed and gave her a round of applause LOLOL.. it was glorious.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, we had zero trick-or-treaters last night.:cry2:

I thought we might get a few...but nope! Kind of bummed that nobody showed!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow @tyty333 thats sad! My husband was up in Ft Pierce with the dogs over the weekend (his sister's birthday was Saturday) and he got no kids up there either even though he had a small bag just in case (I hope he doesn't eat that...lol). I heard that lots of places had these huge T&T parties which might be why.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow @tyty333 thats sad! My husband was up in Ft Pierce with the dogs over the weekend (his sister's birthday was Saturday) and he got no kids up there either even though he had a small bag just in case (I hope he doesn't eat that...lol). I heard that lots of places had these huge T&T parties which might be why.

Yes, it is sad (for me)...I used to love Halloween as a kid (who didn't)??? If I had to go by our neighborhood I would say that it is
dying out but seeing some of these pictures makes me realize its just our older geriatric neighborhood!:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The hood was packed !!! It was cold, but I really believe being cooped up has taken its toll and everyone wanted to have some fun.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results