shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you be doing Halloween this year?

Participating or indulging in Halloween this year?

• Yes

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever that means for you?

I didn't give out candy last year. Some of the neighborhood kiddos understood but hated it. (but it was hotter than heck too so there you go) this year will not be sweating my head off and will indeed give out candy.
20211029_183031.jpg

I think I have enough...lol (he's already been in the kitkats, I had to rehide them from him. :roll2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not something we celebrated in the UK, and not something we’ll be celebrating this year in the US. DIL is going out trick or treating with her little niece and nephew, DS, DH and I are staying in, lights off being curmudgeonly :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lights off.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, we do Halloween with the cousins. Our youngest is 7, so obviously he’s excited but our 14 year old came up with his own costume this year so he’s really into it still too. The older one is going to be Uncle Fester with Thing in a box, fingers crossed it comes out.

Last year we had to do a piñata at home since the 14 year old caught COVID and was quarantined but we made the best of it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought snickers full size bars. I don’t like them too much so I won’t be tempted to eat them. I can’t remember how many I bought..We don’t get a lot of children. I didn’t get any last year but we had the lights off. The thought of putting on my mask every time the door bell rings makes me feel like putting the bowl outside for them to take. The only thing is if the older kids show up they will take everything. I may do a few and turn the lights off early. David requested his DiGiorno pepperoni pizza for dinner. We have pizza every year on Halloween. I asked him if he wanted me to make mine. He said no..Sounds good to me!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We seldom get trick or treaters at my house but I am at my mother's this Halloween. I am excited about giving out candy and seeing kids come by in their costumes this year.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We get hundreds of kids in our neighborhood. We picked up lots of minis. Sadly cold and snow is in our forecast so we may not get the usual crowd.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
We don't celebrate Halloween in the UK (sadly) as I would enjoy seeing the kids in their costumes. I think some parents have parties indoors as the supermarkets sell tons of scary costumes

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing, except to attend an organised fireworks display yesterday, as I LOVE fireworks - there is something very romantic about fireworks, and the smell of gunpowder!

DK :lol-2:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
No because I’m am Australian & we just don’t do it. I must admit I find it strange that we constantly tell children not to go strangers houses or except lollies from strangers but then on Hallowe’en you can….

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Very excited about giving out candy, this will be our first Halloween in the US. We came to Raleigh, NC on June 1, 1998 then moved to Silicon Valley, CA around Christmas in 2002. We had been renting and living in very international communities in both NC and CA. So now after we bought our first house and moved to Utah in Sep., Halloween is going to be our first holiday in a well established and prosperous community. We bought lots of candy. Our trick of treating will take place today, on Saturday Oct. 30th. But people including us are prepared to give out candy on Sunday too in case some kids show up. My son and DIL are going out trick or treating tonight with their 3 y.o. girl, all wearing matching costumes!
IMG_9058 (2).JPG

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we had trick or treat on Thursday and we did pass out candy, sadly we didn't have alot of kids, we use to get a bunch but they have dwindled over the years not sure why...I have a bunch of left over candy, guess I will donate it to the local food bank.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are not handing candy out this year. Until Covid is a distant memory we aren't taking any chances. If I had kids they wouldn't be trick or treating this year either. There will be other Halloweens. But I get why others are taking part. We do enjoy the decorations very much.

For those of you partaking in the candy and costume tradition enjoy and be safe!

I took some a few Halloween photos from this month. Hope you enjoy.

First up is our sweet Pythagorus who likes to cycle with us and rocks out to the tune of "The Passenger" :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.27.52 AM.png

We prefer the Siouxsie and the Banshees version over the Iggy Pop original but they are both excellent.

The rest are photos from our neighbors who take Halloween seriously. :sun:

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.27.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.26.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.26.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.25.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.25.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.25.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.25.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.24.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.24.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.24.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.23.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.23.20 AM.png

Happy Halloween weekend all! Enjoy and be safe!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We also attend the annual zombie walk every year here but for last year which was canceled due to Covid. Sharing some pics for your enjoyment. This year marked year 13. We attended every single one. :)

zombiewalkpic0.png

zombiewalkpic20.png

zombiewalkpic19.png
zombiewalkpic18.png

zombiewalkpic17.png

zombiewalkpic16.png

zombiewalkpic15.png
zombiewalkpic14.png

zombiewalkpic13.png

zombiewalkpic12.png

zombiewalkpic10.png

zombiewalk2021pic9.png

zombiewalk2021pic8.png

It's only allowed to attach 15 photos at a time...continued in next post.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
zombiewalkpic28.png

zombiewalkpic26.png

zombiewalkpic25.png

zombiewalkpic24.png

zombiewalkpic23.png

zombiewalkpic22.png

zombiewalkpic21.png

zombiewalkpic17.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.45.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.44.50 AM.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love Halloween. We didn’t do it last year bc of Covid. We will this year. Our neighborhood also gets hundreds of kids. @musicloveranthony how strange that they scheduled trick or treating for Thursday! I don’t like when cities do this; our area always has Halloween on Halloween regardless of the day. My area in TX also is big on Dia de los Muertos as well. So those few days are busy!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are handing out candy this year. We don't usually get a lot of Trick-or-Treaters because of big lots (too far in between houses).
Its usually only the 8 or so kids that live in our small neighborhood.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I decided to give out candy this year. The poor kiddos didn’t get to do it last year. We don’t get many at all.. I’ll just put my mask on and swing the door open for fresh air. I‘m giving out full size Snicker bars. When we lived in Missouri a child frowned when I gave out the candy. I bought the assorted snack size chocolate bars. I would grab a bunch and put it in the bags. A little girl dressed as a fairy informed me that all my neighbors gave out full size bars. I tried to explain to her that I was giving her more candy than a full size bar. I told her that the following year I would be giving out the full size ones. She begrudgingly took my candy and left. I told my husband we didn’t cut it with the neighborhood kids. I’ve been buying full size bars since. :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never gotten trick or treaters at my house. The only sidewalk is across the street so the kids always stay on that side. So my answer is no, but, not because of COVID.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought some lollies in case anyone shows up! It's not a big thing in Australia but the kids do like it.

DS has never gone trick or treating as he does not care for the lollies given and it's a massive waste to collect it and then throw it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Nah. Trick-or-treating seems to be dying out around here. I don't expect any kids to come so I'd probably just eat all the candy myself, as has happened on a few other years.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided to give out candy this year. The poor kiddos didn’t get to do it last year. We don’t get many at all.. I’ll just put my mask on and swing the door open for fresh air. I‘m giving out full size Snicker bars. When we lived in Missouri a child frowned when I gave out the candy. I bought the assorted snack size chocolate bars. I would grab a bunch and put it in the bags. A little girl dressed as a fairy informed me that all my neighbors gave out full size bars. I tried to explain to her that I was giving her more candy than a full size bar. I told her that the following year I would be giving out the full size ones. She begrudgingly took my candy and left. I told my husband we didn’t cut it with the neighborhood kids. I’ve been buying full size bars since. :lol:

I guess she told you! Step up your candy game lady! :lol:

I would have been so embarrassed if I was her Mom...we would be making a little pit-stop before the next house to have a little
conversation.:oops:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
We will do Halloween, as we do every year (even last year). But it will be done on the 31st. I saw a message on Nextdoor where someone was asking what day the kids would go out for candy. Never been anything but the 31st here.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Halloween is always on the 31st here except when the 31st is Sunday. People pay respect to Mormons' traditions, most businesses are either closed on Sundays or close early. I guess Sunday for Mormons is like Sabbath for religious Jews. There are many recent transplants from other states so locals are prepared to give out candy if some kids knock on the door on the 31st. I wouldn't know myself if I didn't check on Nextdoor.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are doing Halloween this year after it was cancelled last year. We live in a rural area with only a handful of children ( my own two included) & one of the villagers always 'organises' it so that it's not bothersome. All the villagers have decorated their houses (as we did last year, but there was no trick or treat) & everybody meets on the corner of the lane at 6pm in full fancy dress with lanterns (very dark here by 6pm & no street lighting, which adds to the excitement). Everybody goes to each house together & you only get one door knock. The children line up politely & the householder (me) drops sweeties & chocolates in their basket. Mr T accompanies our girls until they've been to our house, then I grab my coat & join them.

After we've been to the last house on the lane we walk across to the beating heart of our community, the little village pub, for games, marshmallow toasting & prize giving for the best costume in various age groups. It's my children's 2nd favourite night of the year after Christmas.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
We are doing Halloween this year after it was cancelled last year. We live in a rural area with only a handful of children ( my own two included) & one of the villagers always 'organises' it so that it's not bothersome. All the villagers have decorated their houses (as we did last year, but there was no trick or treat) & everybody meets on the corner of the lane at 6pm in full fancy dress with lanterns (very dark here by 6pm & no street lighting, which adds to the excitement). Everybody goes to each house together & you only get one door knock. The children line up politely & the householder (me) drops sweeties & chocolates in their basket. Mr T accompanies our girls until they've been to our house, then I grab my coat & join them.

After we've been to the last house on the lane we walk across to the beating heart of our community, the little village pub, for games, marshmallow toasting & prize giving for the best costume in various age groups. It's my children's 2nd favourite night of the year after Christmas.

This does sound like a fantastic family fun night.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

It sounds like a wonderful place to live. :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like a wonderful place to live. :kiss2:

Yeah, and to think we might be moving to the next village.......

If they don't have the same community spirit there, I will either set something up or trawl the mile back down the lane to this place!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results