shape
carat
color
clarity

Will an N color OMC be yellow?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Catmom LOVE that setting OMG, can we see a head on shot?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know we’re not supposed to talk about sims BUT I’m also talking about a real diamond too so I think we can let it slide.

So, the sim ring will be here this week, I am having a really hard time with finding the perfect yellow, in reviews from people who bought this ring, it looks like the perfect shade I’m looking for. However, I set out to get a yellow diamond to mark a major accomplishment, and a sim is just not going to be special enough for that.

So the plan is, if the sim is the perfect yellow, wear it because for the size and the fact it’s an old cut, I wouldn’t be able to afford the real thing anyways. Then find my special yellow diamond ring with DBL, it will be smaller so it can be a right hand ring. That’s the best of both worlds I think.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I know we’re not supposed to talk about sims BUT I’m also talking about a real diamond too so I think we can let it slide.

So, the sim ring will be here this week, I am having a really hard time with finding the perfect yellow, in reviews from people who bought this ring, it looks like the perfect shade I’m looking for. However, I set out to get a yellow diamond to mark a major accomplishment, and a sim is just not going to be special enough for that.

So the plan is, if the sim is the perfect yellow, wear it because for the size and the fact it’s an old cut, I wouldn’t be able to afford the real thing anyways. Then find my special yellow diamond ring with DBL, it will be smaller so it can be a right hand ring. That’s the best of both worlds I think.

Is the sim a diamond, sapphire, or something else? Glad to hear you found a solution!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the sim a diamond, sapphire, or something else? Glad to hear you found a solution!

No, I went extremely cheap and got a CZ! I figure that gives me my yellow for the time being and by not spending a lot on the sim, I have more for the real thing.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No N won’t look yellow for the most part. I would love a very tinted OMC one day and would be looking for S-T or even more tinted.

I recently got a little Chrysoberl and it looks a lot like a fancy yellow diamond to me. I’d get one of those instead of a trying to get a diamond if I wanted that yellow Color and sparkle.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No N won’t look yellow for the most part. I would love a very tinted OMC one day and would be looking for S-T or even more tinted.

I recently got a little Chrysoberl and it looks a lot like a fancy yellow diamond to me. I’d get one of those instead of a trying to get a diamond if I wanted that yellow Color and sparkle.

So interesting thing, I actually came across a pale yellow OMC ring today but it’s rather small like 5mm I think. You would probably be looking for a bigger stone than that but thought I would mention it.

I don’t know much about Chrysoberyl apart from its part of the beryl family. I did see a nice one on EBay but thought it looked more lemon-lime than lemon.

Is yours a heart shape? I know I was recently reading through the colored stones forum and saw someone got a beautiful yellow chrysoberyl heart and I was admiring that.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I wasn’t going to share right away but I have found something so we can call off the search.

Also it would be mean of me to not post a picture…..

59BB15AC-B09D-4733-B036-C82191D25B3F.jpeg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So interesting thing, I actually came across a pale yellow OMC ring today but it’s rather small like 5mm I think. You would probably be looking for a bigger stone than that but thought I would mention it.

I don’t know much about Chrysoberyl apart from its part of the beryl family. I did see a nice one on EBay but thought it looked more lemon-lime than lemon.

Is yours a heart shape? I know I was recently reading through the colored stones forum and saw someone got a beautiful yellow chrysoberyl heart and I was admiring that.

Oh I won’t be buying anything for a looong time. But thanks for thinking of me!

Yes my chrysoberyl is a heart. It looks mostly yellow to me though I’m sure there is a little secondary green. It is a super sparkly gem and I really love it, which is saying something because I love diamonds so much. The next gem I buy will be a larger chrysoberyl as the gem is hardy and not super popular so prices are still in reach. But I understand that if you want a diamond, nothing else will do! Diamonds are my first love but if I want to indulge my gems and jewelry interest I need to expand my interests, because diamonds have become too rich for my blood. Ah diamonds, such a cruel, cruel mistress!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dreamer_dachsie, yes, your chrysoberyl is the one I was admiring! Love the color, it is a very sweet gem.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie, yes, your chrysoberyl is the one I was admiring! Love the color, it is a very sweet gem.

Yes in person it is so bright and has so much sparkle it has a good hand presence. My next project is finding a nice stone to pair with it in a moi et toi. I’m thinking green and emerald cut!

Can’t wait to see what you got!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes in person it is so bright and has so much sparkle it has a good hand presence. My next project is finding a nice stone to pair with it in a moi et toi. I’m thinking green and emerald cut!

Can’t wait to see what you got!

I just went over to take a peek - what a lovely stone! Because as Yada said, most I have seen are greenish yellow or the lovely softer green which is vanadium and extremely expensive. I’ve never seen one in such a pure yellow- what a lucky find!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the more true to color shots I’ve been able to get:

Outdoors, the white diamonds in the halo are super sparkly and throw rainbows everywhere, hard to capture but I have a video on my IG that captures it.
20C2CF92-5940-4CF7-A831-1BC1FB59D64B.jpeg
597ED1EB-1B97-4C66-9D47-45C5D91B5AEB.jpeg

A good example of the yellow color and an example of how the rose gold halo setting gives the diamonds a pink hue in certain lighting
BF19EA9D-0267-422C-8C04-C3EA84F45F43.jpeg

Indoors it is less intense out still a pretty yellow
17E2CEF9-FF0F-43A2-B5A9-7AC6521FC58B.jpeg

Fire!
7EF800B3-D5DC-474A-89D2-785AE7E14923.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner ! So beautiful! Congratulations!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Did you end up keeping or even getting the CZ?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful yellow and great setting!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW @YadaYadaYada, It’s easy to see how you feel love with this ring. This looks so beautiful. I love the color of the oval. So soft and pretty looking. The pictures you posted captured the rings beauty perfectly.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the more true to color shots I’ve been able to get:

Outdoors, the white diamonds in the halo are super sparkly and throw rainbows everywhere, hard to capture but I have a video on my IG that captures it.
20C2CF92-5940-4CF7-A831-1BC1FB59D64B.jpeg
597ED1EB-1B97-4C66-9D47-45C5D91B5AEB.jpeg

A good example of the yellow color and an example of how the rose gold halo setting gives the diamonds a pink hue in certain lighting
BF19EA9D-0267-422C-8C04-C3EA84F45F43.jpeg

Indoors it is less intense out still a pretty yellow
17E2CEF9-FF0F-43A2-B5A9-7AC6521FC58B.jpeg

Fire!
7EF800B3-D5DC-474A-89D2-785AE7E14923.jpeg

What a fantastic ring! I'm in awe of your talent for finding such great bling!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love the elongated oval shape, very unique!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! Beautiful diamond and setting, and your pics are great! Congrats and enjoy this beauty :appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking of you and had hoped you found something. Glad to see you did. Looks fun!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking of you and had hoped you found something. Glad to see you did. Looks fun!

Thanks that’s very sweet, gotta say, loving the halo diamonds, definitely get the halo appeal now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results