shape
carat
color
clarity

Wierd baby items

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
You know, stuff that just seems weird...despite being oddly cool. Like this.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That IS weird, but strangely useful as I always wondered what I would do with the kid whlie carrying her if I had to use the loo (never actually had to).

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about hanging my baby off the bathroom door...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yeah not sure how well the whole bathroom experience would go with Sophia hanging from the door.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
Really you never had to use the loo with A in tow.

It doesn''t happen too often when I am out with M by myself for a long period of time. But for the couple times that I was, I use the handicapped stall or family restroom (if available) and leave M in the stroller. Oh and some places have a toddler seat installed on the stall door, like Ikea. Last time when we were at the Lakers game, I just had M stand in the stall with me and surprisingly she stood still.

I always thought the Pee-Pee Teepees were weird, even though I see the need to cover the boy part when diaper changing.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I have a legitimate question now - how do moms wrangle their babies when they're going to the restroom? If you have a stroller and there are stalls, how do you safeguard your child while you go to the loo? Strollers usually don't fit in the stalls... do you use the handicapped stall? But what if handicapped individuals need that stall?

I'm over-thinking this, but... how?
32.gif
I'd be too scared not to bring the baby inside with me.

ETA: Aha! qtiekiki comes to the rescue with the answer! Thanks!!!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:38:23 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Tgal

It doesn''t happen too often when I am out with M by myself for a long period of time. But for the couple times that I was, I use the handicapped stall or family restroom (if available) and leave M in the stroller. Oh and some places have a toddler seat installed on the stall door, like Ikea. Last time when we were at the Lakers game, I just had M stand in the stall with me and surprisingly she stood still.

I always thought the Pee-Pee Teepees were weird, even though I see the need to cover the boy part when diaper changing.
No, I''ve never had to use the loo with A in tow while wearing her.

Actually, now that I think about it...I''ve never had to use the loo with her while out and about alone, so I guess you are right? Probably because I''m always home for her naps so we are not out for long periods at a time. If someone''s around with me, I''ll use the restroom, but not if I am alone with her.

Hm, never thought about it!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I have used the loo many, many times with George in a baby carrier of some sort. They only cover my torso and not my pants, and so there''s really no problem.
2.gif

I''ve never had the need for a Pee Pee Teepee, but have heard that they''re not really substantial enough to do the job well. We used to throw a diaper over him, but he''s now very reliable at not going mid-change so I don''t bother.

Everyone else IRL thinks my Baby Legs are weird, but they''re really the best things ever.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:59:26 PM
Author: Blenheim
I have used the loo many, many times with George in a baby carrier of some sort. They only cover my torso and not my pants, and so there''s really no problem.
2.gif

I''ve never had to go while wearing Henry, but my husband has. He said it earned him serious Dad points.

As for the peepee teepees, a wipe works just fine. It won''t absorb most of the pee, but it''ll keep it out of your face.
3.gif
Since we''ve used a wipe as a cover, he''s only peed two or three times during a diaper change.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Everyone else IRL thinks my Baby Legs are weird, but they''re really the best things ever.

I had to look up Baby Legs to see what they were - leg warmer type things, right? Lol I think they are cute!

I actually kind of like the baby carrier that straps to a stall door, but I imagine if you are handy you could do that with any baby carrier lol.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:40:44 PM
Author: Bliss
Wow! I have a legitimate question now - how do moms wrangle their babies when they''re going to the restroom? If you have a stroller and there are stalls, how do you safeguard your child while you go to the loo? Strollers usually don''t fit in the stalls... do you use the handicapped stall? But what if handicapped individuals need that stall?

I''m over-thinking this, but... how?
32.gif
I''d be too scared not to bring the baby inside with me.

ETA: Aha! qtiekiki comes to the rescue with the answer! Thanks!!!
36.gif
You need to use the handicapped stall. The other option that I''m seeing more places now (malls, airports) are "family restrooms" - it''s basically like just a regular bathroom - only one person at a time (no stalls) but it''s usually a large room (big enough for a stroller) and they usually have changing tables in them. So you can use the bathroom, and change your baby.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, that image of the baby hanging on the stall door is funny enough that I may just have to put in my "need a laugh" file.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
All those who have never had to use the loo with kiddo in arms - WOW, how do you manage it???

For those who want to know:

1 - Hang bag on back of door
2 - Hold child in one arm, struggle with belts and buttons with other hand.
3 - Jump up and down enough while tugging with free hand to help trousers slide down, but not enough to make them hit the floor.
4 - Sit on loo and put child on knee - leaving one hand free to grab loo-roll. Once child can grab then remember to sit them on your knee NOT facing the loo-roll or you will have a fight: you have one hand, they have two, you WILL lose...
5 - Following use of loo, wiping etc, stand back up - again with baby under/over one arm/shoulder.
6 - Repeat jumping up and down scenario this time tugging upwards.
7 - Redo buttons/zips/belts - this is harder than undoing them BTW
8 - Collect bag, exit and then experience the thrill of washing/soaping/drying hands with baby in one of them - who will also have a complete heart attack at the sound of an air-hand-dryer thingy...

I have done this many more times that I want to remember. My real hates are when there is no hook for your bag, or no loo-roll...
29.gif

I have also had to change Daisy on my knee at the same time, so... I have a minibag within my diaper bag that contains a fold-out mini-mat, a pack of wipes, diaper cream and TWO diapers (two is important - take only one and you will soon understand the vitalness of two) that I can hold between my teeth - beware of baby seeing this: reference point 4 above.

So, she gets changes between points 4 and 5. Holding bag between teeth also lessens ability to swear loudly and therefore exit stall to ''looks'' from concerned shoppers.

Er, hope that helps... baby carriers make things so much easier!

(Oh and I reckon a stroller is FAR less likely to be stolen with a baby IN it than not)

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
That looks so weird seeing a baby hanging from a wall. I bet that could be useful when they are getting into stuff at home, just hang ''em up. How much weight does that thing hold? I might have to get one. I can put my pets in it when they floors are freshly mopped and I don''t want paw prints on the floor. Oh the uses...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 1:55:51 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

I had to look up Baby Legs to see what they were - leg warmer type things, right? Lol I think they are cute!

I actually kind of like the baby carrier that straps to a stall door, but I imagine if you are handy you could do that with any baby carrier lol.
Yep! They''re great around the house if you''re super-lazy like me, because it''s one less thing to remove for diaper changes. I also like keeping a pair in the diaper bag just in case, because they take up practically no space and because he can''t outgrow them. When I kept pants in the diaper bag, they''d inevitably be way too small for him by the time that we actually needed to use them, which kind of defeated the purpose. Oh, and they don''t ride up like pants do, which is great if you''re going to have them in a baby carrier. And you can layer them with pants in the winter if you need a little extra warmth.
9.gif

Whenever I try to use a family restroom, there''s a really long line.
14.gif
I''ve had much better luck with handicapped stalls. By the way, in a lot of restrooms the only changing table is in the handicapped stall, so you''re kind of stuck battling it out with the handicapped individuals anyway...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I leave DD in her stroller and use the handicap stall if she is in her stroller at the time. Or some places have family bathrooms that are really big. I did have to take her in the airplane bathroom once. THAT was awkward but can be done w/o setting the baby down (this was probably a year ago). Instinct surprisingly takes over in situation like those.

Okay, this item isn''t strange but in baby form I think they are weird and that is baby bathrobes. I mean what newborn is just lounging around after a bath? Useless. Same with baby slippers. Socks work just fine.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Pandora, your loo story had be cracking up!

I''ve done the handicap restroom before, and waited for the family one also. At one point I was able to go the the bathroom (at home) with the baby on my lap feeding him a bottle, gotta love the side effects from antibiotics!

And my mom gave my a baby bathrobe, I also couldn''t figure out the purpose!

The walking wings or whatever seem pretty pointless/odd as well. Kids can''t learn to walk on their own anymore?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 3:23:03 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I leave DD in her stroller and use the handicap stall if she is in her stroller at the time. Or some places have family bathrooms that are really big. I did have to take her in the airplane bathroom once. THAT was awkward but can be done w/o setting the baby down (this was probably a year ago). Instinct surprisingly takes over in situation like those.

Okay, this item isn''t strange but in baby form I think they are weird and that is baby bathrobes. I mean what newborn is just lounging around after a bath? Useless. Same with baby slippers. Socks work just fine.
Ditto! I got two of these as gifts and I was like...huh? Never used them!

Pandora, have saved notes for any future trips to the loo with Amelia, thanks! I guess it IS weird that I never had to use the loo with her. I go out with her a ton, but usually not more than 3-4 hours in a public place.

Now it would be easy since she''s just stand there with me.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
With my baby bathrobe I also got baby slippers. Like little scuff slippers to match the robe. HOw is that supposed to stay on? I think I have a pic...brb...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
baby bathrobe & useless slippers....it didn''t even cover her, but was a gift, so i felt compelled to try and use it.

brobe.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be petrified it would fall! Diver, what a cute picture! London received a robe as a gift when she was born. She used it a couple times just out of the tub when mom was over-they''d snuggle while I got stuff cleaned up in the tub. And she''d wear it when we went to my gramma''s to swim, and at her 9 mo check I put it on her while we waited for the provider. But, putting all those times together probably only equaled a couple hours of wearing it. Not worth it! Well..got a couple cute pictures out of the deal I guess!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Aww what a cute photo.

I gave my sister a beautiful bathrobe with hoodie for her little boy when he was born and she gave it back to me unused. Now I know why lol.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:41:58 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 12/7/2009 12:38:23 PM

Author: qtiekiki

Tgal

It doesn't happen too often when I am out with M by myself for a long period of time. But for the couple times that I was, I use the handicapped stall or family restroom (if available) and leave M in the stroller. Oh and some places have a toddler seat installed on the stall door, like Ikea. Last time when we were at the Lakers game, I just had M stand in the stall with me and surprisingly she stood still.

No, I've never had to use the loo with A in tow while wearing her.

Actually, now that I think about it...I've never had to use the loo with her while out and about alone, so I guess you are right? Probably because I'm always home for her naps so we are not out for long periods at a time. If someone's around with me, I'll use the restroom, but not if I am alone with her.

Hm, never thought about it!

Interesting product, but can't you just use duct tape?

BadBaby2.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
FDL: You do know i posted a story on here somewhere about duct taping my brother to a chair. Not recently mind you, but as kids.

I found duct tape to be a very effective little brother containment aid.
11.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
whoever said using the bathrobes at the dr''s office, now THAT is a good idea. Wish I''d have known then.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeez i better start strengthening my bladder now after Pandora''s play by play rendition of having to pee with the kid in tow. i don''t see me wanting to do that very often.

(i admit i read the first line as ''hang the child on the door'')...

is this weird but if you have the kid in the carseat can''t you just use the biggie handicapped stall and put the car seat on the floor? or is this specific to ''baby in carrier''? hehee.

baby bathrobes, check on it being odd.

one of my friends told me that the pee pee tee pee is a MUST. i was thinking ''can''t i just toss a burp cloth on top of it?''

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I can''t decide if this one is weird or would actually be useful. I saw it in the Skymall magazine (go figure) and had to file it away for future reference:
Flyebaby Hammock-sling

flye-baby-tray-table.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 7:57:30 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
OK, I can''t decide if this one is weird or would actually be useful. I saw it in the Skymall magazine (go figure) and had to file it away for future reference:
Flyebaby Hammock-sling
OK, as a mother and frequent business traveler, I say, no - absolutely NOT!

I don''t even want to imagine how annoying that would be to the person in the front chair. If one does not want to buy a seat for the baby, then the baby needs to stay in the mothers arms and not bouncing around using the chair in front. UGH!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
yeah, DH said the same thing about it and commented that I should know better (i used to be a frequent biz traveler).
20.gif

add it to the weird and "no way" pile

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha @ the duct tape pic! That is seriously awesome. I could totally see my husband doing that, dear lord.

I am totally passing on the pee pee tee pee''s, and using a burp cloth. And seriously, no matter what, sometimes you are gonna get wet! I think the bathrobe and slippers will go this route too - as cute as they are for pictures, it would just be wasted money.

...and this is coming from someone who bought a pair of fleece overalls that will be too big for her baby next summer just because they had an elephant on them. Gah.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results