shape
carat
color
clarity

Why no ex/ex cushions ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2005 7:21:52 PM
Author: Ann

Can anyone magically make a round appear in that setting? Would a large RB overpower it?
Thanks for asking...
2.gif

I didn't want to alter the proportions of the ring (it would distort the image badly). This would be 3 cts at most. With a larger round, the sidestones would be more angled - but not overly so. If you wanted larger sides... that should be definitely feasible too.

Bullets_II.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ana,

That just might work. I''ve saved that pic and I''ll study it.

Thanks for doing your magic!

What do some of you others think? Would that much bling work on a size 5 finger.?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
is there such a thing as too much bling
3.gif
??

Seriously, If you''ve tried on a bunch of settings already you should have a pretty good idea of what you like and what looks good on your hand. I think just about anything Leon would be gorgeous. Roppongi wears a 3 carat round with .75 sides and is a size 4 and it looks fab. If you run in social circles where big is common i think you can pull it off beautifully.

Here''s Roppongi''s ring

roppongi%20ring%20b.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

I don''t remember seeing that one.

As far as rounds are concerned - it will have to grow on me.

But I know I can get close to perfection as far as cut is concerned - right?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2005 11:08:40 PM

But I know I can get close to perfection as far as cut is concerned - right?

That remains up to you to decide what is 'perfect'.

With a round... you could look for something very specific (dunno - down to some obscure detail of H&A viewer picture or something) just because so many stones are done under these particular technical constraints for the sake of branding by cut quality.

On the other hand, the cut grading of rounds gives a great lesson about what to look for in the other shapes. And even if wonderful examples are to be found in any, there is more 'work' to come to a conclusion about what to look for. It shouldn't be frustrating... But then, I must have spent way too much time on this without worrying about a purchase. Under pressure, it might not be so much fun.

My 2c

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2005 9:17:42 PM

Ana,

That just might work.

Btw. THIS is the side view of a similar ring.

I don't remember to have seen this type of band elsewhere. It may have started as a paved version of an 'Asprey' band - definitely a signature piece of this jeweler. This is one reason why I mentioned it... aside the striking look.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey ann,
you might also try calling bill pearlman. I believe he sold beaudrybabe her daniel k asscher and you don''t have to get the DK settings. He might be able to locate the cushion you are looking for. it would at least be worth a try. I love rounds. Until recently I never would have considered anything else for my upgrade. Then I thought maybe a cushion but went back to wanting a round...until...i saw that daniel k split crown cushion. I LOVED it. The cushion was just gorgeous and they definitely have a way different feel than rounds.

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 11:57:52 PM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 12/28/2005 11:22:36 PM
Hmmm - makes sense WS

No, I never found what I was looking for. It seems there are stones under 3cts. and some over 4, but when Mark at ERD was hunting for me, there was nothing to be found. I have looked some more since then and the same void comes up.
So, I thought I might explore ovals or maybe find a round that lights my fire.
you know a round in really gorgeous setting might do i for you..................i kind of regret not getting a round. have you considered some of the branded sqare modified briliants through GOG?
Hi Window Shopper,
I thought you had posted that if a round were your only choice, you would rather have nothing. Just curious-what changed your mind?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2006 8:23:36 PM
Author: SquareCut

Date: 12/28/2005 11:57:52 PM
Author: windowshopper

Date: 12/28/2005 11:22:36 PM
Hmmm - makes sense WS

No, I never found what I was looking for. It seems there are stones under 3cts. and some over 4, but when Mark at ERD was hunting for me, there was nothing to be found. I have looked some more since then and the same void comes up.
So, I thought I might explore ovals or maybe find a round that lights my fire.
you know a round in really gorgeous setting might do i for you..................i kind of regret not getting a round. have you considered some of the branded sqare modified briliants through GOG?
Hi Window Shopper,
I thought you had posted that if a round were your only choice, you would rather have nothing. Just curious-what changed your mind?
hey--a couple of things: 1-rounds can tolerate dirt and grime more. EC''s (what I have) get a smidge dirty and they look dull. 2--the most user friendly mounting hold rounds.........3-a large round is more vaguely large, where larger stones in fancy cuts are more "flashy". I still dont like them on me but i like them as an ideal

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on a 3ct. solitaire at that BBB store today. It didn''t wow me the way I was hoping. But it was a single stone.
They had a JB Star cushion with a micro halo, set w/half-moons, also haloed. Very pretty. But the center stone was about 1.50ct. But the l to w ratio was beautiful, so rectangular.

The salesman told me JB Star invented the radiant. I had to tell him about Original Radiant Co. Then he said JB Star invented the princess cut. I left.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2006 10:23:58 PM
I tried on a 3ct. solitaire at that BBB store today. It didn''t wow me the way I was hoping. But it was a single stone.
They had a JB Star cushion with a micro halo, set w/half-moons, also haloed. Very pretty. But the center stone was about 1.50ct. But the l to w ratio was beautiful, so rectangular.

The salesman told me JB Star invented the radiant. I had to tell him about Original Radiant Co. Then he said JB Star invented the princess cut. I left.
oh gee i hate that stuff............ann if you are in the nyc area i have a great place for you to go

suzannemarie24

Rough_Rock
My fiance gave me an ex/ex, 3.1, F from Mark T :)

They are out there and they are fab:+)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 11:56:04 PM
Author: suzannemarie24

do you have pics of this beauty?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 12:01:21 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 6/7/2006 11:56:04 PM
Author: suzannemarie24

do you have pics of this beauty?
Yes pics please!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results