• 3. I used to be but I no longer am and this is what I did to change it

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 4. Sometimes

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy all the same, my klutziness in the past did hold me back in some ways, like I just completely ruled out any kind of medical career because I had zero confidence in my ability to give people shots without pain (my dad's a miracle worker with needles), and I was deathly afraid of what would happen if my hand slipped when operating on a living being.

Do you think with you it was a lack of confidence contributing to the clumsiness making it worse ?

I do know some clumsy people and i wonder if its a lack of self confidence for some people

I hope you now have a successful career and you are brimming with confidence

voce

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I never had that concern because the only people I’ve ever injured was/is myself. I had a successful career in healthcare and I’m sorry you weren’t able to pursue that dream. I’m sure you realized an even better dream for yourself. ❤️
I was not interested in surgery however as I don’t do well with blood but that’s another story for a different thread lol.

As a teenager I once thoughtlessly slammed the trunk of a car not realizing my dad had placed his hand in the way. *wince* so I cannot claim I only ever hurt myself with my klutziness.

I kind of grew up watching war and action genre TV, so seeing blood did not personally bother me. Seeing people's insides on shows showcasing surgery was shocking at first, but I have a special place in my heart for characters like Daimon Michiko.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@missy @Daisys and Diamonds whether I'm successful at my career depends on how you define success. It's actually my dream to become a writer, and I've already spent four years in my twenties exploring that only to discover I was terrible with self-imposed deadlines, so I'm going to try again after I achieve financial independence aka retirement.

Apart from a period of serious clinical depression (which I also overcame), I don't think I have ever doubted my self worth. Maybe I'm a freak who was born with it, or the convinced experience of getting so much love from my family, the importance of my family in the community, and being a child prodigy in my formative years just gave me such a strong dose of confidence that years later I'm still high on it. I'm so confident it comes off as arrogant when I don't temper my passion when I state my opinions. I'm just not confident about me not hurting others unwittingly, if that makes sense.

I hope it doesn't come off as being smug, but my most important dream in life (not the one to become a writer) has already come true. I have found my soulmate and found my big, big love that makes my life worth living. I could be having the worst day ever (and trust me, the past two weeks has been hellish enough), and my love can instantly melt my heart and make me forget my troubles and worries because that's the kind of warm, happy romance we create even after seven years together. There's nothing I could ever do to deserve this luck in love, but it means a lot to me (I was born on the Chinese Valentine's Day in the lunar calendar, after all), but I will surely treasure my soulmate far beyond anything else I could have in my life. I think the two of us become more together, and if I have become more mature, or change for the better, it will probably have been because of him.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy @Daisys and Diamonds whether I'm successful at my career depends on how you define success. It's actually my dream to become a writer, and I've already spent four years in my twenties exploring that only to discover I was terrible with self-imposed deadlines, so I'm going to try again after I achieve financial independence aka retirement.

Apart from a period of serious clinical depression (which I also overcame), I don't think I have ever doubted my self worth. Maybe I'm a freak who was born with it, or the convinced experience of getting so much love from my family, the importance of my family in the community, and being a child prodigy in my formative years just gave me such a strong dose of confidence that years later I'm still high on it. I'm so confident it comes off as arrogant when I don't temper my passion when I state my opinions. I'm just not confident about me not hurting others unwittingly, if that makes sense.

I hope it doesn't come off as being smug, but my most important dream in life (not the one to become a writer) has already come true. I have found my soulmate and found my big, big love that makes my life worth living. I could be having the worst day ever (and trust me, the past two weeks has been hellish enough), and my love can instantly melt my heart and make me forget my troubles and worries because that's the kind of warm, happy romance we create even after seven years together. There's nothing I could ever do to deserve this luck in love, but it means a lot to me (I was born on the Chinese Valentine's Day in the lunar calendar, after all), but I will surely treasure my soulmate far beyond anything else I could have in my life. I think the two of us become more together, and if I have become more mature, offer change for the better, it will probably have been because of him.

I’m in the car and it’s hard to type on my phone but I just wanted to say not only do I love this I agree completely. Having one’s soulmate to navigate together the challenges of life is everything. ❤️ We bring out the best in each other and make each other better people. That’s what it’s all about. Kudos @voce

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hope it doesn't come off as being smug, but my most important dream in life (not the one to become a writer) has already come true. I have found my soulmate and found my big, big love that makes my life worth living. I could be having the worst day ever (and trust me, the past two weeks has been hellish enough), and my love can instantly melt my heart and make me forget my troubles and worries because that's the kind of warm, happy romance we create even after seven years together. There's nothing I could ever do to deserve this luck in love, but it means a lot to me (I was born on the Chinese Valentine's Day in the lunar calendar, after all), but I will surely treasure my soulmate far beyond anything else I could have in my life. I think the two of us become more together, and if I have become more mature, or change for the better, it will probably have been because of him.

This is just sooooo happy to hear 117338785-pink-hearts-seamless-pattern-random-scattered-hearts-background-love-or-valentine-th...jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E90F1AA1-9058-4E1A-94DB-8852837A2C46.jpeg
Just thought of you. Me wrapping a present today.

Aww I feel you. Hope you heal quickly. I don't heal quickly so that adds insult to injury as they stay around a long time. My latest wound is still flapping ouch and I have to keep changing my bandaid when I wash my hands which is often. I wanted to put the glue on it (waterproof) but Greg said not yet. It has to heal a bit more. Oh well.

Sending you speedy healing dust. FWIW your ring looks beautiful. :)

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Aww I feel you. Hope you heal quickly. I don't heal quickly so that adds insult to injury as they stay around a long time. My latest wound is still flapping ouch and I have to keep changing my bandaid when I wash my hands which is often. I wanted to put the glue on it (waterproof) but Greg said not yet. It has to heal a bit more. Oh well.

Sending you speedy healing dust. FWIW your ring looks beautiful. :)

Thank you! And you too! I always have something on my hands. It doesn’t really help them look nice, but oh well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! And you too! I always have something on my hands. It doesn’t really help them look nice, but oh well.

My DH says all my cuts and bruises show I lead an interesting life haha. I rather like that spin on things. :)
It adds character to the bling.:sun:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of blood.
My sweet niece is very artistically talented.
Here are her "cuts"...she did this for Halloween lol. Warning it is graphic so don't click on if you are sensitive to blood etc.
So far she is not showing klutzy behavior. Let's hope that continues.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.50.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.50.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.50.57 AM.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I trip and cut myself constantly. Most of the time its not a big deal.

but the last major one was in December. How I did it? I was changing rotary blades and dropped it...on my foot. :shock: I was barefoot. Thankfully the blade was sharp and went in at an angle! Yes there was blood everywhere. So over to urgent care where they had to put in internal stitches. yes friends, it was deep deep.

this is NOT the first time I've dropped a blade and you'd think I'd know better by now.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I try to avoid hurting myself, however accidents do occur from time to time.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Speaking of blood.
My sweet niece is very artistically talented.
Here are her "cuts"...she did this for Halloween lol. Warning it is graphic so don't click on if you are sensitive to blood etc.
So far she is not showing klutzy behavior. Let's hope that continues.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.50.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.50.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 8.50.57 AM.png

Omg ! :cry:
Poor thing

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I woke up this morning with what i thought was an infected scratch from a cat food tin
i remember doing it and thinking i must go bath that ...and forgot

however on reflection as its not hot or swollen and only the actual wound is sore i think its a burn 20210208_223303.jpg bad photo

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
E90F1AA1-9058-4E1A-94DB-8852837A2C46.jpeg
Just thought of you. Me wrapping a present today.

Ouch those little ones hurt
I was turning a pillow case inside out to wash and i saw a loose thread - ouch
I couldn't break it and i got a nasty slice from it that now feels sore and stiff hours latter !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up this morning with what i thought was an infected scratch from a cat food tin
i remember doing it and thinking i must go bath that ...and forgot

however on reflection as its not hot or swollen and only the actual wound is sore i think its a burn 20210208_223303.jpg bad photo

Aww I am sorry. Cool compresses for comfort perhaps would alleviate some of the pain? Ice? I burned myself the other week and I applied ice on and off throughout the day and it really helped. Feel better @Daisys and Diamonds XO.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds but those photos are all makeup...she didn't injure herself. Pretty realistic though right? She is very talented as an artist. And she is super bright but I will stop bragging about my niece now. :)

Me bad :mrgreen2:
I must have missed a line !
Very glad !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww I am sorry. Cool compresses for comfort perhaps would alleviate some of the pain? Ice? I burned myself the other week and I applied ice on and off throughout the day and it really helped. Feel better @Daisys and Diamonds XO.

Thanks missy=)2
it only hurts if i touch it
I don't even remenber doing it if it a burn
i exspect i won't even feel it tomorrow and it will heal up in a few days
I took the band aid off to air it out

the completly invisible cotton cut is on the other hand,* really sore :mrgreen2:

* actually its on the same hand :mrgreen2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scraped up my foot yesterday as I was moving things around to vacuum underneath. :rolleyes:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. I so sympathize with this thread!!

I burn myself. Once a day. Only once a day. Sometimes I'll my daily burn out of the way making tea first thing in the morning, and then I know I'll be okay until tomorrow :lol:

The eyes are from oil splatters... The nose is from the toaster oven, of all things. My other half thinks I'll finish it with a smile - he actually bet on 2020, but he lost. I'm guessing it'll be a frowny face. Mostly I'm just hoping that whatever entity is getting humour from this actually gives me a mouth, and not, like, a left eyebrow or something.

1612816489646.png

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is me! Yesterday a big paper cut. Bruises everyday. I know I just go too quickly. And have trouble with spacial relations.

I have no problem with self confidence. I just think I’m a klutz.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Scraped up my foot yesterday as I was moving things around to vacuum underneath. :rolleyes:

Ouch !

Im always misjudging the concret steps outside and scraping my heal aganist the back of the step

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And have trouble with spacial relations.

I don't read things accurately either and misread it as "special" relations. :devil:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I am sorry to see that according to my poll 48.6% of PSers are accident prone and 17.1% are sometimes accident prone.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 7.17.46 AM.png

Well, we are in good (and beautiful blingy) company at least. :)

Stay safe out there PSers and save the bling gazing for when we are sitting down not doing anything else haha.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@missy have you had your ears checked?
Even something like cutting yourself on knives can be ear related, you get so used to it you dont consciously feel it but it happens and causes problems.

I have to be careful with earwax buildup or it can make me fall down and go boom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy have you had your ears checked?
Even something like cutting yourself on knives can be ear related, you get so used to it you dont consciously feel it but it happens and causes problems.

I have to be careful with earwax buildup or it can make me fall down and go boom.

Thanks @Karl_K I appreciate your brainstorming for me. I have had my ears checked and they are all clear. And these past two days, despite being careful I tripped and fell once and caught myself the other time. Both times inside the house. "They" do say most accidents happen inside the house. Thankfully I was OK.

I am being careful but barring from wrapping myself in bubble wrap I don't know what else to do. Maybe part of my being accident prone is that I don't sleep well and consequently am more unsteady on my feet during the day?

I am glad you are careful with your ear wax buildup and proactive about keeping your ears clear. Stay safe.

graceunderfire.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who on earth injures themselves by opening a pack of sausages? The plastic wrap was somehow sharp enough to make my finger bleed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results