shape
carat
color
clarity

Who would you like to see as our next president?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a good Op Ed piece in, "The New York Times" on the important effect Edwards has had on the campaign, forming much of what both Hillary and Barack are now saying about some of the issues, especially health care. It was, at one point, the most e-mailed article ("The New York Times" keeps tabs on that for those who are interested). Although Edwards will not be president, he had an important effect on the Democratic platform. More power to him and to the other unabashed liberals who stand up for the poor and downtrodden, those who cannot speak for themselves, those who have been forgotten and left to sleep on city streets for the past few decades both by Republicans and Democrats while Bill Clinton signed a welfare "reform" bill.

"The law, in its majesty, makes it unlawful for the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges"
Anatole France

Deborah
34.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that link AGBF!
Very good article indeed.

Coati
1.gif

"Let all bear in mind that a society is judged not so much by the standards attained by its more affluent and privileged members as by the quality of life which it is able to assure for its weakest members."
H.E. Javier Perez de Cuellar

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Interesting article, AGBF! I was an Edwards supporter, but I think I''m going to vote for Obama in tomorrow''s primary. While it makes me sad, I don''t think Hilary could win if it came down to her and McCain--she''s too polarizing a figure.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did Edwards completely drop out? I heard someone say today that he had suspended his race instead? Which doesn''t make sense to me. Who is voting tomorrow?

I am!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2008 1:22:38 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Did Edwards completely drop out?

I believe so, but I am guessing that his name may remain on the ballot in some states because it is too late to remove it. I don't know how quickly names can be removed before primaries!

I cannot vote today because my state doesn't have a primary today!

Deborah
34.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...Well I voted today!! And now I''m watching it and wondering what the heck is going on with Huckabee/Romney/McCain. Right now it looks a little on the close side, which I wasn''t expecting.

And Obama/Clinton are neck and neck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results