shape
carat
color
clarity

Who wants to see my haul from today?

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
The set looks beautiful polished and unpolished! They have a lovely shape. Great find!

I've been missing this thread (I have approximately minus-0 luck at finding good-stuff...), and am so happy that all you "haulers" are back on the job! LOL! :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you didn’t mention that it lights up! Yes you must buy it and then spam us with video you upload to YouTube!

Think of it like a festive display, you could throw your rings on it and decorate it for each season.

Don’t even think about passing this up!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, you didn’t mention that it lights up! Yes you must buy it and then spam us with video you upload to YouTube!

Think of it like a festive display, you could throw your rings on it and decorate it for each season.

I'm gonna go to the store wearing 6 diamond rings, load that thing up and make the sales lady plug it in. She will think I am a loony tune!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like this decorating idea! Lady, you always think outside the box!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm gonna go to the store wearing 6 diamond rings, load that thing up and make the sales lady plug it in. She will think I am a loony tune!

Girl you go in there and rock that fistful of rings!! I’m sure they were closed today either due to Sunday or the holiday but I can’t wait for an update!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Easter to all here who celebrate!

8319E48D-F2F9-469C-AB93-CE778CD03C02.jpeg

Anyone have any Bunninkins plates ?
I had a whole setting as a wee kiddie
i think there is an egg cup and a bowl left unbroken
the new fangled plastic stuff is not nearly as nice

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have any Bunninkins plates ?
I had a whole setting as a wee kiddie
i think there is an egg cup and a bowl left unbroken
the new fangled plastic stuff is not nearly as nice

I do! They are packed away somewhere but if I remember I’ll dig them out and snap a picture.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found these spoons recently at a thrift shop.
The smallest one is sterling, and the others are plated. I thought they were cool!
IMG_20220424_111434040~2.jpg

IMG_20220424_105420692.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I popped into a local antique mall and found a few things.
This 14k herringbone chain was $8.00
The seller probably didn't know it was gold, even though it is clearly marked.
It weighs 3.17g.

IMG_20220426_204343228.jpg

And check out this beauty!!!
I'm over the moon about this one.
A Japanese woodblock print triptych.
18"x 31"
I missed out on a similar one several years ago. I wasn't gonna let this one get away!
I'm still researching the artist and age.
IMG_20220426_160753791_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220426_211535023.jpg

IMG_20220426_211544546.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It weighs 3.17g.

18"x 31"
I missed out on a similar one several years ago. I wasn't gonna let this one get away!

I identified the signature. The artist is Toyohara Kunichika 1835-1900.
That doesn't mean that the print is that old.
The print was made from blocks that he carved, probably at a much later date. The frame and mat appear to be mid-century.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
It weighs 3.17g.

18"x 31"

Two great scores!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted this set a few years ago. It's Trifari, and I found it at a church rummage sale.
IMG_20220501_104820323.jpg

Today, I stumbled upon this ad from 1956!
Screenshot_20220501-091616~2.png

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2C5F8EE7-FB2E-4001-9419-E86A407A377D.jpeg

The new-to-us train rack just installed in the guest bathroom, which we picked up at a local thrift store sidewalk sale today for $10. It’s not a true antique or vintage - there’s a little tiny barely there “restoration hardware” sticker on the back of one of the “feet” - but it is a nice heavy duty and well made. When we bought it, it looked like it was defective because one of the feet didn’t sit flush against the wall, but in reality it had just gotten torqued somewhere along the line and DH had no trouble getting it all aligned again. And it polished up beautifully!

43E31359-E589-4913-825E-43723B8EEE89.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my 'Bruce' (Springsteen forum) friends in the UK who is a retired nurse, volunteers at a charity shop
She saw some thing she knew i would love

It arrived in about 12 pieces

i feel sad for two reasons - postage is criminal and my friend is retired
And also i think of the original owner of this porcelain mug - an old lady probably just moved into a home (or a more permanent move 'upstairs')
Perhaps her granddaughter gifted it to her
it had never been out of its box kept for good or just admiring and now its broken

In my house my rule for things is they must be beautuful or useful

If some thing is chipped if its still nicely useable I'll do so to remember the person who gave it to me

i have a glass vase that lives behind the lace curtain on the window sill in the loo, my great Aunty gave it to me but i dropped it and its got a chip, im not ready to throw it out, so i use it, its not pretty enough to be on show but its still useful and being used

Bacl to my mug
Sad sigh
I know 99% of royal souvenirs are worthless
But it has worth to me because my friend gave it to me
So im thinking ill plant a cacti in it or it can become a vase and it can live on my kitchen window sill where i can see it and think of my friend

No way do i have a steady enough hand to glue it up so im getting a quote for a place that does those Japanese repairs in the gold. They do a faux gold option that might be more cost effective although silver would look better

Anyway i just feel sad
Ive beem trying to find a replacement on line but have not seen one the same
I don't want my friend to know its broken
She did joke a week ago i might end up having to do a mosaic

Edit i know this isn't old enough to be anywhere near an antique but its a timely lesson in using your nice things now, today, right now !
this mug feels quite fine and would have been nice for the original owner to drink out of for a daily morning cuppa'

Attachments

• 20220506_202716.jpg
    20220506_202716.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220506_202744.jpg
    20220506_202744.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my 'Bruce' (Springsteen forum) friends in the UK who is a retired nurse, volunteers at a charity shop

And also i think of the original owner of this porcelain mug - an old lady probably just moved into a home (or a more permanent move 'upstairs')
it had never been out of its box kept for good or just admiring and now its broken

If some thing is chipped if its still nicely useable I'll do so to remember the person who gave it to me

i have a glass vase that lives behind the lace curtain on the window sill in the loo, my great Aunty gave it to me but i dropped it and its got a chip, im not ready to throw it out, so i use it, its not pretty enough to be on show but its still useful and being used

Bacl to my mug
Sad sigh
So im thinking ill plant a cacti in it or it can become a vase and it can live on my kitchen window sill where i can see it and think of my friend

No way do i have a steady enough hand to glue it up so im getting a quote for a place that does those Japanese repairs in the gold. They do a faux gold option that might be more cost effective although silver would look better

Anyway i just feel sad

Edit i know this isn't old enough to be anywhere near an antique but its a timely lesson in using your nice things now, today, right now !
this mug feels quite fine and would have been nice for the original owner to drink out of for a daily morning cuppa'

I have seen where people use old broken teacups and saucers and make a lovely mosaic stepping stone for their garden, it's an idea.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bacl to my mug
Sad sigh

Anyway i just feel sad

Oh, Daisy! This is awful!
It's tricky gluing something like this back together. If you get it back into one piece, it could be a pencil holder, or something similar.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Anyway i just feel sad

@Daisys and Diamonds Could you possibly have a piece of jewelry made from one of the broken pieces? Something like this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1011135672/broken-china-jewelry-statement-necklace

I feel sad for you and your friend, and about what happened. I understand feeling sentimental about something that was given to you with kindness. I hope you find a way to keep at least part of the mug.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Bacl to my mug
Sad sigh

Anyway i just feel sad

There is a beautiful artform called Kintsugi, and it's the art of repairing broken things using 'gold' and slow dry food safe glue with gold colored powder or paint. You could make something wonderful out of this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results