shape
carat
color
clarity

Who hates to cook in the summer...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
just fried up a fixin of storm fried taters.
yummy!!
tater sliced really thin fried in a sloshing of olive oil then when they are done lightly coated with margerine.
Serve with or without catchup.
The secret is not over cooking them, most people over fry fried taters which kills the taste.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:50:30 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 7/20/2007 11:49:02 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 7/20/2007 11:43:54 PM
Author: Harriet
Somehow I had the impression you that bought the fried rice.
Nah, he''s all about cooking it his own. He''s a great cook!! Oh and Wifey2b is an amazing cook. They are a great match!!!
2.gif
I miss Wifey!!! I haven''t seen her; I guess she is busy.
15.gif
She started a new job a few weeks ago and her sister and kids where at her parents place with her the last 2 weeks so I dont think she has even read PS in 2 weeks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:55:26 PM

Date: 7/20/2007 11:50:27 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 7/20/2007 11:47:26 PM
heehee, what are you two talking about? How did Harriet know that you liked Fried Rice??? You two are cracking me up.
9.gif
LOL
hmmmm you might have been on vacation for that thread lol
What was the thread called???
34.gif
ETA: found it!!! I did a search on *fried rice* and it came up in Harriet''s thread. LOL.
Harriet, where did you get that he bought the fried rice based on that thread??? You guys are too funny. LOL
lol.gif
lol was going to search for it for ya but now I can go back too my taters.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
enjoy your taters storm!
9.gif

Tell Wifey I say congrats on the new job and I hope you get to see her soon. I miss her giggle
15.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Stormy...I do taters too...but I nuke them first. Semi done...but firm enough to stay together on the grill. I douse them in tabasco...and lots of paprika...and other spices. Going to try your method of slicing. (I usually wedge mine...I serve wedgies!)

DKS

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 12:35:20 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Stormy...I do taters too...but I nuke them first. Semi done...but firm enough to stay together on the grill. I douse them in tabasco...and lots of paprika...and other spices. Going to try your method of slicing. (I usually wedge mine...I serve wedgies!)

DKS
I do those 2 but my favorite is thin sliced they are literally done in 3-4 min for a large fry pan of em.
I like to deep fry wedges too when I'm cooking something in the fryer.
On the grill or camp fire I will often do quartered taters wrapped in foil with a bit of butter.

btw ever fried carrots? they are kicken sliced thin and fried in olive oil.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
We bought a house and spent the first winter in it this past year. It has a buckstove...decided we were going to go a week like they did back in the 1800''s...except we allowed foil. Cooking in the stove and in the ashes was a real eyeopener. The stove isin''t actually a stove...but a fire place.

Your beloved carrot was the most delectable item we cooked. I coined them on a diagonal slice or julianned with a thick hand...dab or butta or evoo...sometimes a tad of honey...spices...shove the foiled packet into the embers and ash and a good 25-40 minutes you had something so good...it was like apple butter. The carrot''s sugars released the texture got creamy, and the flavor is carrot so intense. Little bit of blackening.

I haven''t fixed carrots the way you recommend, but I will remember next time. Oh the tater thin slice...is my mothers way too! She makes them so thin you can read through them...I think she actually fries them and then lids them and lowers heat. The woman is a master with the fried potato.

I have omitted the potato and carrot from often eaten to sparingly. SO all this talk is making my mouth water.

DKS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As my friends on the WWT know, my weather has been so PANTS this summer( bad) that BBQ''s are pretty much out of the question this summer, our equivalents of Home Depot must be wringing their hands with the lost sales! But I do hate to cook in summer and prefer a grill if available!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 3:15:12 AM
Author: Lorelei
As my friends on the WWT know, my weather has been so PANTS this summer( bad) that BBQ''s are pretty much out of the question this summer, our equivalents of Home Depot must be wringing their hands with the lost sales! But I do hate to cook in summer and prefer a grill if available!
Yip, I know Lorelei and her Pants weather! Geez, it has been pants for a LONG while. Trying to send the sunny New Mexico weather your way my friend!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
is pants as in hot ie: the dog pants or is pants cold as in We have to wear pants.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippers!

Hehehe Strm, in the UK we call underwear pants and what you call pants trousers! So when I say anything is pants, it means crud, junk, etc. It has rained more or less non stop since the beginning of May and shows no signs of stopping yet
8.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
pants as in rainy, no sun
14.gif
I thought you got sun this time of year Lorelei. So sorry, no fun
15.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 11:32:35 AM
Thanks Skippers!

Hehehe Strm, in the UK we call underwear pants and what you call pants trousers! So when I say anything is pants, it means crud, junk, etc. It has rained more or less non stop since the beginning of May and shows no signs of stopping yet
8.gif
utoh if I ever get over to the other side of the pond I will have to remember not to tell a Lady nice pants, might get smacked!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 12:25:14 PM

Date: 7/21/2007 11:32:35 AM
Thanks Skippers!

8.gif
utoh if I ever get over to the other side of the pond I will have to remember not to tell a Lady nice pants, might get smacked!
HAHAHA!!!!! True that!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:46:21 PM

Date: 7/20/2007 11:43:54 PM
Somehow I had the impression you that bought the fried rice.
no way, I make my own.
Its way too expensive buying it when I can make it for pennies a meal.
And homemade fried rice is better too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
34.gif
ETA: found it!!! I did a search on *fried rice* and it came up in Harriet''s thread. LOL.
Harriet, where did you get that he bought the fried rice based on that thread??? You guys are too funny. LOL
lol.gif
Skipster,
You were searching for a thread on fried rice?!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 10:41:23 PM

34.gif
lol.gif
Skipster,
You were searching for a thread on fried rice?!!!!!!!!
yip, and yours came up. hehe

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only because strmdr mentioned it. I''m glad he''s eating home-cooked fried rice, not the masty take-out stuff.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to make the same joke Harriet did about hating to cook in the summer...and the fall and winter and spring, too! I hate to cook. I just can''t stand it. And I hate doing dishes the most of all. So cooking and dishes are my boyf''s chores...I tell him it''s man''s work!
3.gif
My chores are mostly cat-related-the litter box, food, water, etc.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
You guys are a riot! All this fried rice talk is making me HUNGRY!

And Lorelei, the weather in NY today is totally PANTS. I love it, I want to adopt that line. Love it. But it''s SO soppy and rainy that the hair is rolled into a neat little bun so no hairs will escape and form that lovely do'' I sported on another thread.

As Harriet, I barely cooked. I had to sort of start as I got easily bored of take out... Plus once I moved to Westchester, which is not as easy to get take out and delivery and the variety is no where near as large or even good. You try getting some authentic Mexican or sushi in a town where sweaters around the shoulders is a pre-requisite! I needed my sushi, so I learned to make my own sticky rice...

Today it looks like the Lazy Gourmet strikes again. Far from being a cook, per se, I will be dining on the veggies my mother''s garden produced in a crisp Spinach salad with some tasty grilled lemon marinated chicken sitting in my fridge I prepped yesterday. Literally a 5 minute deal and will take about 10 minutes to make if done slowly...
26.gif

A girl needs her time to finish her Harry Potter 7... I just started it yesterday after dinner... only 1/4 left to go!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to say I pretty much hate cooking all of the time. With three kids no one ever likes the same thing. I hate that, and I am usually eating a salad. My hubby eats late when he comes in. I am thinking of getting a chef because I HATE to cook and this way I am not dealing with everyone not being happy and wanting different things at different times...makes me nuts.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
You''ve left Manhattan?!!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Bite your tongue! I am still in NYC.

But I did live there a while ago for about a year and a half and frankly it was painful. Still too busy body to be that sedentary... Maybe when I feel the tug of trees and nature. But for now, give me insanity and convenience...
31.gif
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Which part of Planet Manhattan do you inhabit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results