shape
carat
color
clarity

Who had the ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
I remember a ring being posted pretty recently and it had a really tiny halo. I LOVED it and saw it in a magazine last night and now I can''t remember who the designer is. Anyone know what I''m talking about? It was a very delicate ring. I tried searching and looking back through old posts and couldn''t find anything. Thanks in advance for any help!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about this ring??? the Daniel K rosebud https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-new-and-engaged-here-are-the-pics.68459/

rb%201.jpg

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
No, that''s not the one, although that one is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks! I will have to keep that one in mind.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 1:49:53 PM
Author: chelleliz
No, that's not the one, although that one is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks! I will have to keep that one in mind.
1.gif
Can you explain a little more??

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 1:51:39 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 12/20/2007 1:49:53 PM
No, that''s not the one, although that one is BEAUTIFUL! Thanks! I will have to keep that one in mind.
1.gif
Can you explain a little more??
I think that the halo was lower, kind of like the one you provided. I believe the stone was a cushion. I''m sorry, I know this is super vague! :)

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
The best thing might be to just go through the threads in Show Me The Ring. They are listed in order of when they were posted, so if it was recent, you shouldn't have to dig very far to find it.

ETA: since you saw it in a magazine, I'm assuming it must be a pretty well-known designer, there was a Harry Winston posted (or re-posted) recently with a halo, maybe that's the one?

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 1:59:33 PM
Author: BriBee
The best thing might be to just go through the threads in Show Me The Ring. They are listed in order of when they were posted, so if it was recent, you shouldn''t have to dig very far to find it.
I did that and I''m not seeing it. I''ll keep searching. Thanks for your help!

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha!
9.gif

Now I''ve got it in my head and want to find it!!! Good luck, I gotta get back to my real work
11.gif

But if I come across anything, I''ll post it.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 2:06:37 PM
The halo is so tiny that you almost don''t notice it.
Tacori makes one with a really tiny, delicate halo. Sorry I don''t have a picture handy.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my last idea...do you know if this was a ring that someone on PS actually owned? Or maybe they were posting pics of something they like? Because if a PSer owns it, and they were showing off their new bling, then it would most likely end up in the "Eye Candy" folder of Show Me The Ring. Good luck!

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 2:23:23 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 12/20/2007 2:06:37 PM
The halo is so tiny that you almost don''t notice it.
Tacori makes one with a really tiny, delicate halo. Sorry I don''t have a picture handy.
I''ll search it. Thanks!
1.gif

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful, I see that you found it. I was just in the process of posting mine to see if this was it - as my halo is very tiny.

Here is my Tacori - kind of the same idea, but with side stones. I love my ring - the quality is soooo good, if you decide to go with that one, you won't be sorry.

Melanie

New Ring Pictures 030.jpg

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 2:40:08 PM
Author: BlackIsland
Wonderful, I see that you found it. I was just in the process of posting mine to see if this was it - as my halo is very tiny.

Here is my Tacori - kind of the same idea, but with side stones. I love my ring - the quality is soooo good, if you decide to go with that one, you won''t be sorry.

Melanie
That is GORGEOUS! Where did you find it, if you don''t mind me asking?

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
We were wandering around downtown Vancouver (Canada) and went into a place called Lucinda Jewellers. It just so happened that the Tacori Representative from Los Angles was up doing a tour of Western Canada with about 15 boxes of rings, both new and old style. Boy, was that four hours of pure fun! This is the one we finally decided upon. We put a 1.38 RB in it and I could not be happier.

We picked up the small band, as I knew I didn't want anything to distract from the engagement ring, but recently I realized that I want to save our bucks(after the wedding) and get the matching band. Maybe for our 1st wedding anniversary!

Melanie

Oh, and I think the first post you were looking for was posted by waterlilly
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-search.74477/

chelleliz

Rough_Rock
Well it''s absolutely beautiful! I will be searching high and low for it. Thanks for your help!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 2:43:29 PM

Date: 12/20/2007 2:40:08 PM
Author: BlackIsland

Here is my Tacori - kind of the same idea, but with side stones. I love my ring - the quality is soooo good, if you decide to go with that one, you won''t be sorry.

Melanie
That is GORGEOUS! Where did you find it, if you don''t mind me asking?
I agree, BlackIsland''s ring is gorgeous!!!
3.gif
Glad you found it!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, those are shared-prong halos, right? They make ME want a halo, and I''ve forever been a straight-up solitaire girl...
drool.gif

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Yes, they are shared prong around the halo. I think that is how they can make it so small. It is hard to see without a loupe. I think my fiance would know that I have fallen over the edge if I got myself a loupe! Hmmm, I wonder if EBay has any up for bid..........

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
I have a Tacori halo ring with a princess center stone. (AND I have a loupe! Never would considered buying one before, but lurking on PS will do that to a girl.
31.gif
)

I''ve had my ring almost two months and I still think it''s the most beautiful, symbolic thing I''ve ever seen. And, despite my worries about the delicacy of the setting, I haven''t lost a stone yet!

One of these days I will get around to posting my ring and the proposal story. I took some photos a while ago but didn''t realize until I''d downloaded them from my camera that there was a fuzz filament stuck in the setting. Aaack! Sooo.... another photo shoot will be in order once the holiday madness is over.

--Anne

ring_large_resized.jpg

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Also, I bought my loupe on eBay.... as I recall, it was about $10 and it does a decent job. Mine is 30x, not 10x.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
The Tacori salesman warned me that I would be come a bonafide member of the "Tacori Girl " club and I now understand what he meant. Rough Rock - very nice ring! They are just all so expectional that it is hard to choose. I know what you mean about the fuzzy''s - happens when you least expect to see it.

Melanie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results