shape
carat
color
clarity

Who else is still awaiting for their covid vaccination

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has your government offered any explanation, @Daisys and Diamonds , for why this has been so slow for you all?

They just keep patting them selves on the back regarding daily vax numbers

Why only now, why not months ago before this latest crisis ?

today i actually got a big fat letter in 40 languages (i counted) inviting me to book in
Good F-ing lord if i had waited till now when its now open to the 30 plus age group, who know's how long id be waiting
And its not just me hating on the govt - i can't find the article right now but i have read articles saying its not all the fault of the DHBs (regional health boards) 20210827_171944.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Australian here. The absolute earliest I could book was bloody October, and that was at the beginning of August. Sigh.

Oh my goodness :angryfire: it really is a lottery:angryfire:
Its like they ramp the roll out up but dont bump peeps forward

I hope where you live it is safe
We get a lot of the news from all your states (even WA)* and we do all worry about you

* except Tassie - im hoping because they are covid free

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be screaming blue murder if they run out before my apoinment because teenagers and all these walk in clinics i have no acess to jump the line

redtonks

Rough_Rock
We are lucky that here is pretty safe because ACT actually takes the situation seriously. I feel for all of my mates in NSW, it’s a bloodbath.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
If you have no medical reason to only get Pfizer then there is no excuse here in NSW to be unvaccinated. AZ is available everywhere but so many people do not think it’s safe - it’s driving me nuts!

I’ve had my 2 shots of AZ, my husband has had his first as has my 73yo Mum. My in-laws who are 80 and 79 are hanging out for Pfizer for no medical reason - they just have become brainwashed to the blood clot issue.

Our 16yo is booked for her Pfizer in Oct / Nov and as soon as the bookings are available in two weeks I’ll book our 14yo. Then it will only leave our 11yo unvaccinated until the Australian government opens that age bracket.

Daisy will keep my fingers crossed that your vaccinations happen quickly and smoothly.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It must make it all the more frustrating that in the US, we've had to resort to lotteries and giveaways to motivate people to get vaccinated.

Stay safe and hope all those wanting the vaccine gets it soon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It must make it all the more frustrating that in the US, we've had to resort to lotteries and giveaways to motivate people to get vaccinated.

Stay safe and hope all those wanting the vaccine gets it soon.

Thank you

And yes, especially since you're all talking about the boosters

Ive seen on line all sorts of weird and wonderful incentives to get US peeps vacinated
I have zero judgement if it encourages even one person to become fully vaccinated

We dont be safe intil we are all safe, no matter where we live in the world

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have no medical reason to only get Pfizer then there is no excuse here in NSW to be unvaccinated. AZ is available everywhere but so many people do not think it’s safe - it’s driving me nuts!

I’ve had my 2 shots of AZ, my husband has had his first as has my 73yo Mum. My in-laws who are 80 and 79 are hanging out for Pfizer for no medical reason - they just have become brainwashed to the blood clot issue.

Our 16yo is booked for her Pfizer in Oct / Nov and as soon as the bookings are available in two weeks I’ll book our 14yo. Then it will only leave our 11yo unvaccinated until the Australian government opens that age bracket.

Daisy will keep my fingers crossed that your vaccinations happen quickly and smoothly.

when does your 11 year old become a 12 year old ?

redtonks

Rough_Rock

1) I’m not in NSW, I’m in ACT.
2) I can’t get the AZ due to issues that may cause clots.
Also I think the no excuse isn’t terribly fair given that the base problem is that we were ill prepared for purchases fast enough and had a poor rollout plan handed to the people. That’s what we should be focusing on as no excuse.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HGar

Shiny_Rock
when does your 11 year old become a 12 year old ?

Not until next January but it will be a fair while after that before they do 12 and under. We simply don’t have enough Pfizer to do all the categories ATM that should get it.

We have Moderna arriving next month which hopefully more people will choose, freeing up Pfizer to those whom are actually recommended it due to medical issues, age etc.

redtonks, not sure why you’ve thought my response was targeted to you? As I said if there are medical reasons here in NSW then Pfizer should be available. Unfortunately too many people with absolutely no medical issues are waiting for it to become available and therefore taking valuable resources needed for people who actually need it. This coupled with Sydney residents who for whatever reason cannot follow instructions and stay at home has lead us to the mass breakout we are currently living through.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not until next January but it will be a fair while after that before they do 12 and under. We simply don’t have enough Pfizer to do all the categories ATM that should get it.

We have Moderna arriving next month which hopefully more people will choose, freeing up Pfizer to those whom are actually recommended it due to medical issues, age etc.

redtonks, not sure why you’ve thought my response was targeted to you? As I said if there are medical reasons here in NSW then Pfizer should be available. Unfortunately too many people with absolutely no medical issues are waiting for it to become available and therefore taking valuable resources needed for people who actually need it. This coupled with Sydney residents who for whatever reason cannot follow instructions and stay at home has lead us to the mass breakout we are currently living through.
here its 12 and over rather than 12 and under

if we can successfully get Auckland under control im hoping it will inspire those NSW residents who need it, to stay home and be good
it is looking good for the rest of NZ and Northland that apart from a handful of related cases in Wellington it has not spread around the country because we literly shut up shop and stayed home

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
...... the base problem is that we were ill prepared for purchases fast enough and had a poor rollout plan handed to the people. That’s what we should be focusing on as no excuse.

there is no excuses
why has the roll out been so p*ss poor in both our countries?
i hope here this becomes a huge election issue ( but thats 2 years away)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results