shape
carat
color
clarity

Who else is still awaiting for their covid vaccination

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why are you waiting ?
Is it because your govt are usless ?(without getting political and violating PS rules so elaborate carefully)

Are you frustrated waiting ?
I just read a local high school got its 18 year old vacinated which i am not opposed to - but how ?
No one under 50 (45 - 50 bracket) can get the vacine yet until ....September ??? Or so i beleaved

Btw these are good kids
Well schooled up on the importance of vaccinations - but how are they eligible?

(You have to read past the nurses strike that i want comment on because that that would be political)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyway here is a place to vent your frustrations
FOMO away !
Please share - i know im not alone in this

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
If you have illness, you can already get your vaccines because you are a priority. If not, then, you have to wait for your schedule. So for the meantime, stay away from crowded places.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, I hope you can get your vaccine soon! I am sorry it's been such a long wait. How is Gary doing? Has he received both doses yet? Sending you both hugs and well wishes.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Nicky, I hope you can get your vaccine soon! I am sorry it's been such a long wait. How is Gary doing? Has he received both doses yet? Sending you both hugs and well wishes.

Thank you dear Missy
We just went into a 3 day nation wide lockdown (Auckland 7 days) well from midnight tonight so all vacinations have been delayed while they work out how to proceed. Gary's 2nd jab was due this Saturday but they have been advising to delay the 2nd jab a bit longer than the 4 weeks Gary was booked in for
But he is running out of most of his medication and was due to visit his doctor thursday ????
Managed to proceed with my fortnightly grocery delivery but it will be interesting to see what we dont get
I ordered 3 small chickens to make do incase we dont get cat food

With so many people not vacinated we have to all sit at home to stay safe
Just got a nice text from boss's wife saying they will be in touch. They had just been up to our shop to have a chuck out of any stock that won't keep till next week. Lucky we had had a very busy day today so hardly any wastage

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have illness, you can already get your vaccines because you are a priority. If not, then, you have to wait for your schedule. So for the meantime, stay away from crowded places.

Gary has a host of risk factors and only just got his first jab
He is 69.
And we do stay away from crowded places but things have been so normal here in Wanganui - up till now

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They gave Pfizer to the HSC kids here in Sydney. I don't begrudge them the shot. They've worked their whole lives for this exam so I'll happily wait a bit so they can do their exams. I hope they can do their exams!!!

Hubby took AZ. Calculated risk. I'm booked in for Pfizer end of September and have my name on the list for Moderna in case it gets here sooner.

Between us we figured one should get the AZ and one could wait. There is an ocean of AZ in Sydney. You can walk anywhere down the local shopping strip and get it at the pharmacy.

Do you guys have AZ Daisy???

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hardly think the government is being useless given it’s the DHBs which are managing the rollout of the vaccine here and we’ve been in the enviable position of not having rampant COVID in the community so the need wasn’t as pressing as for other countries who did.
I got sent the “you can get your shot” text despite having no risk factors or any relevant occupational hazards etc so it’s a bit of a lottery it seems. I’m booked in for October tho so might see if there’s any slots sooner than that.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had an 8 week gap between first and second jabs @Daisys and Diamonds. Apparently, immunity builds up between doses, so there’s no downside to waiting a bit longer. Fingers crossed you get vaccinated soon and Gary gets his second dose rescheduled.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hardly think the government is being useless given it’s the DHBs which are managing the rollout of the vaccine here and we’ve been in the enviable position of not having rampant COVID in the community so the need wasn’t as pressing as for other countries who did.
I got sent the “you can get your shot” text despite having no risk factors or any relevant occupational hazards etc so it’s a bit of a lottery it seems. I’m booked in for October tho so might see if there’s any slots sooner than that.

Thats great you are booked in
It does seem like a lottery
I hope i get a text soon
Mean while stay safe and enjoy a few days at home

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They gave Pfizer to the HSC kids here in Sydney. I don't begrudge them the shot. They've worked their whole lives for this exam so I'll happily wait a bit so they can do their exams. I hope they can do their exams!!!

Hubby took AZ. Calculated risk. I'm booked in for Pfizer end of September and have my name on the list for Moderna in case it gets here sooner.

Between us we figured one should get the AZ and one could wait. There is an ocean of AZ in Sydney. You can walk anywhere down the local shopping strip and get it at the pharmacy.

Do you guys have AZ Daisy???

I dont think so, its Pfizer for us here

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, Do you have any idea how long you will have to wait to get your shot? Please be careful and stay safe.

Thank you
We are just staying at home
Gary just rang his doc and they can do a pbone consultation for his prescription which were running out fast as his appointment was due tomorrow
If the govt or the heath boards or who ever is managing the show done a better job of vacinating us we would not be all sitting at home today

Pity the poor super market workers
No one remembers to be kind to them

the one community case announced last night has grown to 5 but all close contacts of the first case so here we go again

Level 4 measures
• People are instructed to stay at home in their bubble other than for essential personal movement
• Safe recreational activity is allowed in local area
• Travel is severely limited
• All gatherings are cancelled and all public venues are closed
• Businesses are closed except for essential services, such as supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics, petrol stations and lifeline utilities
• Educational facilities are closed
• Rationing of supplies and requisitioning of facilities is possible
• Reprioritisation of healthcare services

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had an 8 week gap between first and second jabs @Daisys and Diamonds. Apparently, immunity builds up between doses, so there’s no downside to waiting a bit longer. Fingers crossed you get vaccinated soon and Gary gets his second dose rescheduled.

We were advised on an 8 week gap between jabs up here in Cheshire, too. Seems to be the way forward with immunity strengthening. Fingers crossed it works.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only 4,000 of our 10,000 front line cops are vacinated
im watching the news now
The poor super market workers have been given no priority so its a mad panic now
Thankfully the nurses have cancelled their strike

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why the hell do you guys have no AZ??????

Anecdotally I know about 15, twenty something yr olds who decided "screw this" and all went out to get AZ!!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why the hell do you guys have no AZ??????

Anecdotally I know about 15, twenty something yr olds who decided "screw this" and all went out to get AZ!!!!!

Im.not sure if its been through the system to get approval for use from pharmac yet (the govt drug agency) i may be wrong but i think that is the one we are giving to Fiji - we bought it off Spain to give to Fiji as it hasn't been approved here yet
sorry im only remembering half the story - im on covid overload

i see a very worrying 600 plus news cases in NSW today - Gladys was on the news tonight
Stay safe dear @mellowyellowgirl

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NZ will be lockdown forever.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, although I don’t blame the Aus govt entirely for the slow vaccine roll out (for a number of complex reasons I’m not going to debate here) I do realise the conflicting media messages of “go get vaccinated” and “‘none available right now” isn’t helpful. I would get mine today if I could but I’m booked it for late September in ACT which was first available according to my age. I have no underlying risk factors which would make me priority so happy for others to get theirs first.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
After much swearing and shouting at the internet i got the next available appointment
Mine are 6 weeks apart
Gary is still going to get his 2nd shot this Saturday at the 4 weeks - hopefully he will be able to get a booster when ever

Screenshot_20210819-115907.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, although I don’t blame the Aus govt entirely for the slow vaccine roll out (for a number of complex reasons I’m not going to debate here) I do realise the conflicting media messages of “go get vaccinated” and “‘none available right now” isn’t helpful. I would get mine today if I could but I’m booked it for late September in ACT which was first available according to my age. I have no underlying risk factors which would make me priority so happy for others to get theirs first.

I would not want to in charge of making the big discussions during this pandemic that's for sure !

September will be here before we know it
there is lots of blossoms on the trees and ive seen a ton of daffodils already
Stay safe over there

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After much swearing and shouting at the internet i got the next available appointment
Mine are 6 weeks apart
Gary is still going to get his 2nd shot this Saturday at the 4 weeks - hopefully he will be able to get a booster when ever

Screenshot_20210819-115907.png

Yay! Happy for you Nicky!

Glad you have an appointment @GilderPoss.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are 6 weeks apart
Oh, I'm sooo happy to see that you -- at long last -- have been able to make an appointment! But how maddening that you couldn't get yours at the same time as Gary!
(My sister-in-law is younger than my brother, who first became eligible before her age group qualified. But because she is his spouse, she was able to get her shots when he did. I don't think, however, that was true in most states here in the US.)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm sooo happy to see that you -- at long last -- have been able to make an appointment! But how maddening that you couldn't get yours at the same time as Gary!
(My sister-in-law is younger than my brother, who first became eligible before her age group qualified. But because she is his spouse, she was able to get her shots when he did. I don't think, however, that was true in most states here in the US.)
This is good they are both vacinated

They should be doing it by household maybe - i know the defence force families outside of bases got jabbed

Its been very slow here
now they (the Prime minister) say one can take the 12 to 16 year olds along with mum or dad but at the vacination centres there often isnt space in the schedule to just slot them in but they still say take them along anyway- while we are in a very strict lock down and all unnecessary movement is frowned on

Gary did say at his vaccination centre it was very big and well spaced out in a large recently vacated retail premises and of course everyone had masks on

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results