shape
carat
color
clarity

Who DOESN''T want bridesmaids, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2005 3:39:19 PM
Author: IslandDreams
Blue824--I was the MOH of honor at my best friend''s wedding 2 years ago and agree that you with you that you can''t see anything besides the bride''s train. But what I do treasure is the look on her husband''s face as he said his vows to my friend. I am the only one besides the bride who was able to see the absolute love in his eyes at a close range. I already knew exactly how my friend felt about her husband-to-be at the time, but it was really intense to see it on HIS face. I feel privelaged to have witnessed his emotions. Whenever my friend and her husband have a rough spot in their marriage, I always remind her of the way he looked at her the day they married.....

That does sound really sweet, getting to see how in love with her he is. I honestly couldnt see a thing, not even the groom, literally the end of her train
3.gif
. The church coordinator had us stand in a straight line starting about 2 ft away from the bride so we were all lined up looking the same way,not on any sort of diagonal, so the only ones out of the 6 of us who could see anything were the MOH and first BM in line. I stared at the back of my friend''s head for a good 45 minutes, hehee

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lol.... rms, will you be my bridesmaid??
31.gif
2.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2005 10:29:19 PM
Author: goldengirl
lol.... rms, will you be my bridesmaid??
31.gif
2.gif
aaawwwww shucks girl....you know it
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Good point on the church lining people up in a straight line rather than curved or diaganol. Something to remember if people do have bridesmaids!

I''m giving good consideration to not doing it either. That or do it Sex and the City style and don''t dictate clothing :)

This is my second wedding. Would it be too weird to have my 7 year old son walk me down the aisle and hold the bouquet during the ring exchange?

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 1:27:47 PM
Author: IslandDreams
Good point on the church lining people up in a straight line rather than curved or diaganol. Something to remember if people do have bridesmaids!

I''m giving good consideration to not doing it either. That or do it Sex and the City style and don''t dictate clothing :)

This is my second wedding. Would it be too weird to have my 7 year old son walk me down the aisle and hold the bouquet during the ring exchange?
I think it would be sweet if your son walked you down the aisle!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Aww that would be sweet with your son. I think in situations like that with young children, its nice to have them incorporated, because it isn''t just about the husband & wife anymore.
Isn''t that what one of the weddings on the recent instyle weddings special have in it with the mother & son walking down? The baywatch woman. I could be wrong.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be wonderful to have your son walk with you!!

I am in the other camp girls!! I am (don''t hate me!!) probably going to have 8 bridesmaids. My mother thinks I''m both tacky and insane. But I either have to have all or one. Either I have only my sister as matron of honor, or I include all of my dear ones who have been there for me. I have been in a LOT of weddings, and almost all have been good experiences. Stressful, sure, but overall it meant so much to me every time to be standing up there for my friends. I think/hope that by the time I''m married, at 31-32 (next year?!) I will have a good vision of what I want the wedding to be in terms of a more subtle/mellow thing, and DEFINITELY not being bride-zilla. I''ve been the BM to a few of those and I hope I''ve learned what not to do. I consider myself so blessed to have such close girlfriends--in my imaginary bridal party, there are women I''ve been friends with from all stages of my life--3 of whom I''ve been close to since diapers, 1 from jr. high, my sister, 2 from college, and 1 from grad school. And as cool as some people are about NOT being asked, not asking a few of my girls would be devastating to them. So I know it''s a ridiculous number, but I figure it''s about what the bride and groom want! My sister had 6, so it''s not like 2 more is SO catastrophic, but my mother still is sure that Emily Post wouldn''t approve. Bleah. (My boyfriend is like, um, do I have to find 8 friends??!!)

I''m nuts, huh.
23.gif
23.gif

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
IslandDreams - I think it''d be a nice personal touch to include your son in the ceremony. Very sweet!

blueroses - there''s nothing wrong with having a lot of bridesmaids if that''s what you want! Don''t worry about Emily Post - these days almost anything goes! I''ve only been to one wedding with no bridesmaids (just a MOH and BM), and lots with bridesmaids, and they''ve all been nice. It''s about what YOU want. For my circumstances, having none just seems to make the most sense and be easiest. And I''m all about simplicity. But your wedding will be great with 8 - no worries!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks on my son. I wasn''t sure if he was too young. My fiance''s 15 year old son will probably stand up with him. We are thinking about doing some sort of family vow type thing. Not sure yet, but want to include the boys.

blueroses...I once went to a wedding with 10 attendants on each side and the attendants were arranged in a 1/2 circle behind the minister/priest (rather than the typical line up on each side) so they could see the bride & groom and also the bride & groom could feel surrounded by their closest friends. Just an idea for you....

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea ID....I was thinking I''d do something different so it wasn''t such a crowd scene up there--like 2 rows of 4 on each side, or have just the MOH and BM stand and the others sit after walking up. Have a lot of time to ponder since I''m still a LIW!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Might I add that having no bridesmaids is the best gift you can give your friends. I think being a bridesmaid is HELLISH. JUST PURE HELL. lol

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I have truly LOVED being a bridesmaid a couple of times, and the other times there was definitely stress--but I still really felt it was worthwhile and special. I may be an exception.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
blueroses, if you want to have 8 bridesmaids...go for it. It is all about what makes you happy, regardless about what the rest of us might have said here. I always think that it is nice to hear people''s different stories here...

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Goldang!
this is such an interesting question. sorry girls. I''ve been gone so long. Grad school do take a bite! of my time that is! I''m about to lose my mind working full time and going to grad school at night. Who has time to plan a wedding?

But I am 37...and when seriously considering everything...I can''t even imagine me and my girl friends having the traditional wedding. What do Bride''s maids signify anyhow?

Anyhoo, I have 3 best friends who I will ask for tradition''s sake. They will choose their own dresses. I love them all to death. I probably could add 5 more, if that was the path that I wanted to take, but it''s not.

I''m so confused about this wedding thing. I''m so close to eloping...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Tybee, it''s so nice to have you back! Sorry that the grad school-wedding planning juggling act is hard
8.gif

If I DO go ahead and have the large # of bridesmaids, I think I will probably do some sort of less traditional dress thing--like similar dresses rather than 8 clones, since there will be so many body types at play, and all will be in their 30s. Maybe once I''m actually engaged I might change my mind, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results