shape
carat
color
clarity

White Flash ACA and Brian Gavin Signature Diamonds Questions

TwinkleCootie

Rough_Rock
Re: White Flash ACA and Brian Gavin Signature Diamonds Quest

The diamond looks really brilliant and shiny in person. As some of you may know, I was also considering buying a VS1 stone from White Flash but ended up getting this VS2. I asked them for comparison pictures, "real life" pictures, and also made a lot of other random request. White Flash was very easy and good to work with throughout my search process and the customer service was excellent. I felt like they went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and to cater to my needs. This was definitely a nice departure from other online vendors like Blue Nile who I got the impression didn't really care about some of my concerns/needs even though I was prepared to potentially drop $30k on a stone. Overall, I am quite pleased. I plan on having the stone appraised next week and then I will be searching for a setting from a local jeweler. I will post more pictures once the diamond is set...

TwinkleCootie

Rough_Rock

The diamond looks really brilliant and shiny in person. As some of you may know, I was also considering buying a VS1 stone from White Flash but ended up getting this VS2. I asked them for comparison pictures, "real life" pictures, and also made a lot of other random request. White Flash was very easy and good to work with throughout my search process and the customer service was excellent. I felt like they went above and beyond to answer all of my questions and to cater to my needs. This was definitely a nice departure from other online vendors like Blue Nile who I got the impression didn't really care about some of my concerns/needs even though I was prepared to potentially drop $30k on a stone. Overall, I am quite pleased. I plan on having the stone appraised next week and then I will be searching for a setting from a local jeweler. I will post more pictures once the diamond is set...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think that looks great and your lady should like it a lot! :)

Make sure you've got it insured on the house insurance and while it's being set!

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock

The stone looks great, TC, thanks for the sharing an update! I quite enjoy the H&A viewer images; good job with those.

If you think it sparkles now, wait till it's in the setting. It'll really pop then! Best of luck with what's coming next. :wavey:

TwinkleCootie

Rough_Rock

Thanks guys. My girlfriend is only expecting a 1.2-1.3 carat so hopefully she will be in for a nice surprise =)

Is there specific insurance I should be buying for the ring or is it part of my homeowner's insurance policy?

Curious, why would a stone sparkle more just because it's set?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks very pretty. I will be anxious to see it in a ring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your Whiteflash invoice should have information about insuring it with Jewelers Mutual. Check with them about insuring it when you have it mounted in a ring.

TwinkleCootie

Rough_Rock

Thanks Marcy! I am going to take a day off work next week to go to the San Francisco Jewelry Center and see if I can find a setting I like for it. Hopefully I can get it set soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sounds like a fun day for you to go ring shopping with your pretty diamond.

TwinkleCootie

Rough_Rock

Jeweler's mutual gave me a preliminary quote of $846 for the premium! :snooty:

Can someone opine on that quote? Is that what I should be expecting if I shop around for insurance is there a lower cost alternative?

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, that's quite a premium.

Try changing the terms of the calculation (e.g. deductible etc) and see what happens.

It's certainly worth shopping around, like anything. Just make sure you know what's covered, what's not covered, and think honestly about what you might need.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results