shape
carat
color
clarity

White Ceramic Watches????!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
On my semi-recent trip to Las Vegas, I noticed a lot of white ceramic watches in jewelry stores...and even Kathy Griffin (love her, see her if you have the chance, BTW) was wearing one during her show ... only down fall, is that Heidi from the Hills wears one too, and since I fundamentally hate Heidi, this is something I will have to get over
14.gif

Anyway, I have never been one to wear watches...but, I love the way the white ceramic watches look...and I really really really I want one. However, because I don''t wear watches normally, I''d feel guilty if I ran out and spent 2,000-8,000 on one. I was thinking about trying to find a more modestly prices one...but am having a hard time...Michael Kors makes a nice one with swavorski crystal in the bezel that is square (just like my ering and band). It''s cute, acrylic--not genuine ceramic and might help break me to wearing a watch for the small price of 225.00. I was thinking that if I got a cheapo one for the time being, once I was in the habit of wearing it daily, I could splurge on a fancy, pricey one! But, I''d like to know if any of you savvy shoppers have found any white ceramic watches that I may have missed in my hunt.

I''m looking to stay under 500.00 hopefully, even less if possible. I like a bigger watch, nothing to dainty. Square or round face, I could go either way. Crystals are fine...but I''m totally okay if the watch doesnt any. I''m open to looking at anything....

Thank you in advance for you time, I genuinely appreciate it!!!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never even heard of this! I''d be scared it would BREAK!

Who''s making them that are $5k?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Chanel started the trend...and I think it''s just that...a trend that I thought was out already (shows you how much I know)....I also would be worried that it would crack...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Chanel has one that is around 7k I do believe...other companies, such as ToyWatch has them for about 2k...Michele is also around that price point.

I''m with you on being scared about breaking it...however, from what I heard, they are in fact very stable and do not break easily.

As far as being out dated...from the saturation of them in jewelry stores and the high price points for a basic watch...I''d think they were still pretty in demand.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 4:39:04 PM
Author: moremoremore
Chanel started the trend...and I think it's just that...a trend that I thought was out already (shows you how much I know)....I also would be worried that it would crack...
I have to agree with this. I think $225 is fine for a trend (if I was planning on wearing it every day), but I'd have to draw the line at thousands... especially since we are quickly approaching fall/winter, and white watches are not a typical fashion staple of those months.

ETA: I believe they are using the "price point" to create a demand.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my thread on the topic. I noticed Cindy McCain wearing one during Sarah Palin's speech. That was enough to make me 2nd guess the urge.
31.gif
11.gif

ETA: I'd first noticed them on some Top Chef contestants ... but then, almost overnight: everywhere.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Chanel J12 without diamonds in white. I LOVE it. It is a few thousand dollars but I got it a couple of years ago.

They do not break, it is industrial strength ceramic it does not scratch even...

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
They have been out for a couple years and I think they are gorgeous, especially in the summer. Some are very expensive and one worries about buying into a fad. But if you keep your budget in your comfort zone - why not? They are pretty.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chanel will have this watch each season. I just pull it out in the spring and it is perfect. I do wish I had gotten the diamonds on the bezel though...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:02:32 PM
Author: diamondfan
Chanel will have this watch each season. I just pull it out in the spring and it is perfect. I do wish I had gotten the diamonds on the bezel though...
I really like the look of white on a watch in summer...my sister wears a white Technomarine dive style with diamond bezel and ceramic inlays on stainless steel bracelet...very chic.I can see $1500 on a white watch but $4500 for the chanel is a bit much for a seasonal timepiece.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so curious to know what you were talking about it and I googled it. So the actual links are ceramic, wow.
And there is a picture of Hillary Clinton wearing one. Cindy McCain AND Hillary Clinton AND Diamond Fan, I guess it must be hot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results