shape
carat
color
clarity

which danhov setting do you like better???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,
I''m working with the insurance company and jamesallen to find a new setting. Assuming you had about a 1 carat round brilliant which setting would you like better and why? Also, I have pictures of Goldenstar''s lovely ME30 https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-gog-stone-and-james-allen-danhov-setting.61566/page-3, but I don''t have any pictures of the ME31. Has anyone seen it in person or have any pictures of this setting? If it matters I will be wearing this ring on my right hand probably alone with my wedding band on my left hand.

Choices:
1) Danhov ME30: http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_294-2034.asp
2) Danhov ME31: http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_294-2027.asp

Thanks so much for your help!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the ME30:

me30_1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

me30_2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the me31:

me31_1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

me31_2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
k, did I miss something? What happened?

At any rate, it''s kinda hard to say, since they''re two totally different settings, but I think I''d pick the split shank.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the shank of the second one but the prongs of the first one the second ones prongs dominate the landscape of the diamond for me

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 6:20:27 AM
Author: Ellen

At any rate, it's kinda hard to say, since they're two totally different settings, but I think I'd pick the split shank.
Ditto! Did I miss a post??
33.gif
I thought you had a cushion?

Anyway, I like #1 over the split shank.

Fill us in on what's going on!

ETA: I like #1 over the split shank in case you change your mind and do want to wear it with your wedding band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I much prefer number #1. The split shank is to wide IMO, I just like them more subtle. I haven''t seen either in person though, which could change my opinion. portia has the first one i believe, although it''s set with a cushion, but it just looks beyond stunning in the picutures. I know you damaged your original setting but didn''t you have a cushion? are you thinking of changing to a round? details woman, we must have details
9.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 7:57:41 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I much prefer number #1. The split shank is to wide IMO, I just like them more subtle. I haven''t seen either in person though, which could change my opinion. portia has the first one i believe, although it''s set with a cushion, but it just looks beyond stunning in the picutures. I know you damaged your original setting but didn''t you have a cushion? are you thinking of changing to a round? details woman, we must have details
9.gif
2.gif
Yeah.
tapping.gif

wen104

Shiny_Rock
I think #1 but the second one is still pretty. I think though that the prongs on #2 take up alot of the diamond for me. The first one really makes the diamond pop out and show its self! Good luck choosing!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
#1!!!
36.gif
Stunning. I agree with mrssalvo that the split shank is too wide, and I don''t like the prongs as much. The side view of #1 is gorgeous!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOOOOVE #1. Usually I like split shanks, but this one looks a little off to me, maybe b/c its too wide like mrssalvo said. What will you do with your cushion if you get a new diamond? Fun project!!!
36.gif
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the prongs of the first one. The split shank setting looks too bulky and the prongs seem to take attention away from the center stone.

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
I like them both. I think it depends on the look you are going for. If you want more finger coverage, then I''d pick the split shank. If you don''t want as much finger coverage, I''d pick the first ring.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the first one.

dmarielevin

Rough_Rock
Both are really pretty, but I love the first one. I think there is a picture of it on pricescope. I believe it is under the name defender, but something is going on with my computer when I went to look it up I couldn''t open the pictures. I think it is shown with a cushion though. Good luck!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 9:14:43 AM
Author: dmarielevin
Both are really pretty, but I love the first one. I think there is a picture of it on pricescope. I believe it is under the name defender, but something is going on with my computer when I went to look it up I couldn''t open the pictures. I think it is shown with a cushion though. Good luck!
They''re not showing for me either. I think they must have hosted the pics.

Here''s the thread, for comments sake.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
With #2, I like the intricate prongs better. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of the split shank, so that would make #2 the better choice. I dunno. They're both stunning in their own right, though. I love that style, where the diamond is floating...

good luck with your choice!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the first one. I also has a pretty profile :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

At any rate, it''s kinda hard to say, since they''re two totally different settings, but I think I''d pick the split shank.
Hi Ellen,
It was a short thread, so many people probably missed it. I didn''t want to make a huge fuss over it because I was still very emotional about the ring. On Halloween my hand got slammed into a door and my thin pave split shank with a .74 radiant was smooshed like a pancake. It was damaged beyond repair and I''m working with the insurance company to replace it. Luckily, Jewelers Mutual has actually been really great so far in helping me and being flexible. I''m thinking about switching to a round because I have been swayed by the massive sparkles coming out of my five stone band. In addition, DH and I both feel that it''s impossile to truly "replace" something that cannot be replaced, so we think starting fresh with a different kind of ring might be best. We were planning on upgrading eventually, but not this soon so I probably won''t be able to sink that much money into the stone. The stone will probably just get a "mini-upgrade" to a 1 carat stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 7:08:22 AM
Author: Deelight
I prefer the shank of the second one but the prongs of the first one the second ones prongs dominate the landscape of the diamond for me
I see what you are saying, the prongs are much more delicate on the first one. However, I don''t like the look of the big bars on the first one either which the second setting doesn''t have.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 7:50:21 AM
Author: february2003bride

Ditto! Did I miss a post??
33.gif
I thought you had a cushion?

Anyway, I like #1 over the split shank.

Fill us in on what''s going on!

ETA: I like #1 over the split shank in case you change your mind and do want to wear it with your wedding band.
I filled everyone in a couple of posts up. I see what you are saying about possibly wearing it with a wedding band. If I purchased #1 I might even buy a pave band to go with it, but I''m not sure I like the look of the matching knife edge on the site. The look together is a little thick in my opinion. Does anyone know how wide the shank is on #1?? Goldenstar are you out there?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 7:57:41 AM
9.gif
2.gif
The split shank does look wide, but I''m fine with that look. I also bet the stone in the picture is pretty large, so might not be super super wide with a smaller stone. Portia has the dimend scassi version I believe...but I could be wrong.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 8:18:30 AM
Author: wen104
I think #1 but the second one is still pretty. I think though that the prongs on #2 take up alot of the diamond for me. The first one really makes the diamond pop out and show its self! Good luck choosing!
The prongs are quite heavy looking on #2. I really wonder though if they are more subtle in person and more delilcate looking.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 8:29:36 AM
Author: Dani
I LOOOOVE #1. Usually I like split shanks, but this one looks a little off to me, maybe b/c its too wide like mrssalvo said. What will you do with your cushion if you get a new diamond? Fun project!!!
36.gif
36.gif
The radiant will go back to jamesallen and hopefully someday to a good home. For a radiant it was really lovely and well-cut with a decent spread too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 9:22:47 AM

Date: 11/21/2007 9:14:43 AM
Author: dmarielevin
They''re not showing for me either. I think they must have hosted the pics.

Here''s the thread, for comments sake.
It''s such a bummer when the pictures don''t show up, probably my biggest ps petpeeve.
14.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2007 12:23:54 PM
sorry, i thought you had a cushion not a radiant for some reason...either way, i can understand wanting to switch to a round.

portia has the danhov, she just bought it from scassi...

here''s the link to her thread

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-cushion-w-micropave.38683/

those little side bars are hardly noticable in her pics:

Lovely!! I didn''t know those where danhov on their site, I figured they were their own version of those settings. Good to know!! The setting is gorgeous on her. You are right about the bars, they do look smaller in person...which also makes me wonder if the split shank would be more delicate in person too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results