shape
carat
color
clarity

Which color combo goes with these sugarloaves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they both have nice saturation, so I think any stone as long as it''s not the same color as these two, and it has the same saturation levels. How about a spessartite cab?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 7:26:20 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Well, they both have nice saturation, so I think any stone as long as it''s not the same color as these two, and it has the same saturation levels. How about a spessartite cab?
Hi TL, don''t you think they would look too traffic light-y??

I tried to attach a pic of a spess cab, but the system is not allowing me to upload!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t think of it looking like a traffic light - LOL!! Well, traffic lights have yellow, so make sure you get an orange reddish- orange spess if you decide to do that. I like the idea of violet though as well

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking a yellow or orange stone too until it was pointed out that it’s a traffic light colour. Perhaps if you don’t wear it as red/amber/green in that order, you might be able to get away with it.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 6:30:19 AM
Author: megeve
with spess
sugarloaves1.jpg
spessmangranet.jpg

can''t upload a spess cab, so will try with faceted spess.

Maybe, FG is right. The colors are too traffic light-y???
Or, you can just embrace the look. Call them your "traffic signal stackers".
9.gif

I''m loving that yummy blue sapphire. Swoon.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just playing around here to get a visual.
10.gif
I''m adding a small spess cab from mastercutgems.
11.gif

sugarloavesTraffic.JPG

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
All these suggestions just show how taste varies so much from person to person. I say go with what you know you would like to wear and can see wearing sometimes with both red and or green. Thank about your favorite colors, your wardrobe etc. I personally don''t think saturation of the color is such an issue for the third stone, but again it''s all about personal preference. I can''t wait to see what you choose. The cabs you have right now are just beautiful.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my first thought was also blue....but i love the champagne color idea.

mz

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 4:40:47 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I''d stay away from yellow, unless you want the traffic signal look. Blue or purple would be my choices.

Ha! I didn''t even think of that. I was going to suggest goldenrod, blue (a deeper/ more saturated shade to match the intensity of the other stones) or purple amethyst.

That blue sapphire cab is stunning. I''ll try to upload a better photo of my amethyst cab, I think the Namibian stuff would be a good contrast.

Would you want three sugarloaf shapes or would you be open to a round or oval? I think it''d be nice for some contrast in color and shape.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 2:25:13 PM
Author: litebrite

Date: 9/7/2009 4:40:47 PM
I'd stay away from yellow, unless you want the traffic signal look. Blue or purple would be my choices.

Ha! I didn't even think of that. I was going to suggest goldenrod, blue (a deeper/ more saturated shade to match the intensity of the other stones) or purple amethyst.

That blue sapphire cab is stunning. I'll try to upload a better photo of my amethyst cab, I think the Namibian stuff would be a good contrast.

Would you want three sugarloaf shapes or would you be open to a round or oval? I think it'd be nice for some contrast in color and shape.
That will be the next question, when I have decided for a color. Basically, I am open to oval or round. The only problem right now is, even if I have decided for a color, I will have difficulty to find a cab with the right saturation and size. Some cabs like amethyst come in huge sizes, blue sapphire will more likely be in sizes I want but the right saturation(?) Spess cabs will be more yellow and so on!
8.gif

I am also partial to amethyst (not the dark ones, translucent ones). Please post a pic of your amethyst cab, would love to see it!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Purple. I just posted some stackers - pink, green and purple. They are great. I''d try an iolite or a tanzanite and see what you get. Are you sending them to Garnet Girl? If so she can take pics of your stones with other color combos? That''s what she did with mine. Unless you wanna hand pick out that third stone. I only sent her one stone and got the other two from her.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:06:48 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Purple. I just posted some stackers - pink, green and purple. They are great. I''d try an iolite or a tanzanite and see what you get. Are you sending them to Garnet Girl? If so she can take pics of your stones with other color combos? That''s what she did with mine. Unless you wanna hand pick out that third stone. I only sent her one stone and got the other two from her.
Ok, I am going to take a look!
9.gif

No, I am not sending them to Garnetgirl (where is she located anyway?). I am not in the US but in Switzerland, so it will be a bit difficult for me to send stones overseas with all the custom tax/post anxiety involve. I will most probably go to a jeweler local to me.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sorry - I just assumed cause it looked like a GarnetGirl stacker set that you posted. :) She is in the US. She''s an Etsy vendor.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I really like the orange cab with the pink/red and green. I have to ask though... do you have enough finger real estate to wear 3 8-9mm stones at once?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is another visual with a pretty purple amethyst. Amethyst ring photo is courtesy of AFMetalsmith on etsy.

I like this combo.

sugarloavesAmmy.JPG

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:15:12 PM
Oh sorry - I just assumed cause it looked like a GarnetGirl stacker set that you posted. :) She is in the US. She''s an Etsy vendor.
No prob! The set is from Garnetgirl and it belongs to loriken, I am just using it for inspiration! I have seen sometime ago, a stacker set of rings from Bulgari but I didn''t bookmark it, so can''t find it anymore!
7.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:31:11 PM
Here is another visual with a pretty purple amethyst. Amethyst ring photo is courtesy of AFMetalsmith on etsy.

I like this combo.
Ooohh, I love this combo, too! Now I have to find a cab with that saturation and in the size which will fit the other two, maybe slightly bigger!
9.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:22:25 PM
Author: Kismet
I really like the orange cab with the pink/red and green. I have to ask though... do you have enough finger real estate to wear 3 8-9mm stones at once?
LOL! IRL, these 2 stones are small.

Here is a blury pic of my middle finger with these stones and if you imagine the 2 stones to one side and the 3rd to the other, it might just work....

traffic 004.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:37:44 PM
Author: megeve

Date: 9/8/2009 4:15:12 PM
Oh sorry - I just assumed cause it looked like a GarnetGirl stacker set that you posted. :) She is in the US. She's an Etsy vendor.
No prob! The set is from Garnetgirl and it belongs to loriken, I am just using it for inspiration! I have seen sometime ago, a stacker set of rings from Bulgari but I didn't bookmark it, so can't find it anymore!
7.gif
Here is the Bulgari Allegra collection ring photo. Gorgeous rings. Link

BulgariStacker.JPG

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I like that color on the amy cab too. Here''s a link to my amethyst. It''s in the upper right. I''ve got to upload some more photos - it has a lovely glow to it that isn''t captured in the flash photo.

colored stone collection

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I really like the yellowy gold with it. When you posted the color in the middle of the others, it didn''t look traffic lighty at all (which I hadn''t even thought of until it was posted! I certainly didn''t mean to make you look like you''re wearing stoplights!) I also like the deep blue although to me it starts to look like Christmas decoration baubles.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m going to buck the trend here and come up with something completely different.

How about black opal (with red and green in it). Or a Sea of Cortez pearl.

Here''s a link for Sea of Cortez pearls. I can''t copy a picture unfortunately. Make sure you check out gallery 3.

Here''s a really nice black opal I found on another forum.

You get the idea .....

black opal.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Or maybe even Alberta, Canada's very own Ammolite. This pendant is an example of what fine gem grade Ammolite looks like. Not unlike Opal, no two pieces are the same. This pendant was created by Dancing Designs Jewelry, Bethlehem, PA

ammolite pendant.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s an example of a Sea of Cortez Pearl, image courtesey of www.luxist.com.

I love the subtle green and reds that show in the lustre.

Mods, I hope this is allowed here as Megeve is looking for ideas for something that will go with red and green. If not, please delete.

cortezpearls.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 4:47:07 PM
Here is the Bulgari Allegra collection ring photo. Gorgeous rings. Link
Good Find, FG! Thanks!

This is not the one I have seen. It comes in 3 rings (yg/pg?) with 3 different color translucent stone. I have seen it in some fashion magazine. Oh, well!
32.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@litebrite, beautiful stones collection you have! Can''t wait to see when they are set!

@canuk-gal, love the tiffany rings. Thats the design I am looking for!
3.gif
I only have to look for a 3rd color! Thanks!

@ Gailey, great find! Thank you for your help! I am only afraid a SOC pearl, opal and ammolite might be too busy for the whole look. On there own, I do love the SOC pearls. Have seen some beautiful collection of the pearls in another pearl forum. Black opal is also on my wishlist.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Sonomacounty has posted a link to a gemstone artist. While browsing this site, I found this ring
3.gif
3.gif

pc-9.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m just back from visiting my jeweler and drooling over the Barbara Heinrich stackers. So many colors and shapes. What I love are the variations on the bands as well as the bright gemstone colors. Slight differences in the band shapes, but they go together so well. Some examples are here. Link

BarbaraHeinrich1-5stackers.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 2:51:35 PM
I''m just back from visiting my jeweler and drooling over the Barbara Heinrich stackers. So many colors and shapes. What I love are the variations on the bands as well as the bright gemstone colors. Slight differences in the band shapes, but they go together so well. Some examples are here. Link
drool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results