shape
carat
color
clarity

Which color combo goes with these sugarloaves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of doing stacking rings with my sugarloaves but I need a third color combo to go with them. Any suggestions?

Here are the sugarloaves for color reference...

pmsidar.jpg
tsabeaut.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
yellowy gold

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those are so pretty. My first thought was blue. But maybe a pale pink or champagne color would look cool. What mm size are they?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with deep blue or yellow/gold.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
The setting or something similar....

maddystackers.jpg

Pic borrowed from loriken, I hope you don''t mind! You have such lovely color combo in your rings!
3.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 3:40:31 PM
Author: innerkitten
Those are so pretty. My first thought was blue. But maybe a pale pink or champagne color would look cool. What mm size are they?
Size of spinel is 7.8x7.8, tsav is 8.6x8.5mm.

My first thought is blue too. I would like to stay with cab, maybe a light blue chalcedony?

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Burberrygirl, I am afraid deep blue color might be too strong for these 2. Yah, yellow or light orange might work but its difficult to find these colors in cab. Someone knows where I can find them?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Light blue chalcedony would be pretty. If you wanted gold perhaps you could have someone cab a citrine or yellow beryl for you?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
What about a purple color, like an amethyst?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 3:30:14 PM
Author:megeve
I am thinking of doing stacking rings with my sugarloaves but I need a third color combo to go with them. Any suggestions?

Here are the sugarloaves for color reference...

pmsidar.jpg
tsabeaut.jpg
THESE ARE GREAT!you can wear them in any combination and i would still think you made a great choice on the shapes!personall i would put the emerald in yellow or two-tone and the other in white.The red with its pink undertones would be interesting mixed with deep blue aquamarine in white metal.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Dark Iiolite or deep green Peridot might be a good contrast when wearing all rings together.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''d choose a deep purple, like an amethyst.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 4:06:09 PM
Author: megeve
Burberrygirl, I am afraid deep blue color might be too strong for these 2. Yah, yellow or light orange might work but its difficult to find these colors in cab. Someone knows where I can find them?
I was thinking of colors based on a color wheel (sorry for the bad pic). I think an yellow/orange would be really pretty too. You don't have to have three cabs, my mom has a set of three stack rings with an emerald, amethyst and one thats just a matching band. They look really pretty that way too. Where did you get your stones from? Maybe they have another sugarloaf.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''d stay away from yellow, unless you want the traffic signal look. Blue or purple would be my choices.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2009 4:31:02 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I''d choose a deep purple, like an amethyst.
Purple would be very pretty.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
These are lovely colours...I remember you getting these!

If...you go with a third stone/cab, I think purple (amethyst) would be gorgeous.

But, these two can hold their own, just as a duo. One idea, would be to bezel the green in yellow and have the shank in white, and do the opposite for the red/pink cab.

Perhaps a couple of bands, to add to the mix, one in white metal and one in yellow, and you have a little combo mixing going on there! Actually...I'd get 2 bands in my preferred colour metal, and one in the opposite, then you can do so many different combinations.

There's always the option of adding a third stone/ring, at a later date.

good luck! this is going to be fun to watch!

1.gif

eta - what about a pair of bands in both yellow and white metal (silver?) then you have the best of all worlds - and can mix and match every which way...nice!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Blue or yellow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Moonstone or prehnite too pale? I dunno, get yellow, purple, blue, light pink, and orange, and alternate the colors.....

cheers--Sharon

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
orangey yellow, or light purple/violetish blue

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My vote is purple!
21.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Purple is a good suggestion (and affordable if you go with an amethyst), but I''d also think about a yellowish shade of orange, like a spess. They''re easily found as cabs as their clarity is often not good enough to facet (much like with emeralds), which also makes such pieces less expensive. I remember gemselect.com had quite a few spess cabs, so check them out.

P. S. I''d be careful with anything pastel, cause such cabs can sometimes end up...boring, and also with combining stones of different grades of transparency - like these transparent ones with a translucent chalcedony or a moonstone. Sometimes such combos work great, other times, not so much.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for all your suggestions!
35.gif
It seems purple get the most votes. I will try to put together a collage with different color combos (I am the type who needs visual help, lol). Please let me know your opinions.

@canuk-gal, I hope you don't mind me using your pics for color reference. You have such lovely prehnite ring and beautiful amethyst earrings!

jewel7.JPG
greenorb1.JPG
Leonsugarloafhonker.jpg
sugarloaves1.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow the collage didn't turn out the way I wanted, trying again

sugarloaves1.jpg
jewel7.JPG

with amethyst

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
with prehnite
greenorb1.JPG
sugarloaves1.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
with deep blue
sugarloaves1.jpg
Leonsugarloafhonker.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
with spess
sugarloaves1.jpg
spessmangranet.jpg

can't upload a spess cab, so will try with faceted spess.

Maybe, FG is right. The colors are too traffic light-y???

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only aqua cab I could find in PS for the quick click & paste as I can't upload pics! (I hope this PSer doesn't mind)

sugarloaves1.jpg
aquacollage.JPG

@ ma re, do you think this aqua & the prehnite will be too light? I am trying to find a pic of chalcedony in PS.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 3:21:58 AM
Author: Lovinggems
I second Mr Ma Re on the sugar loaf spess. I also like pwend's idea.

Also anyone that haven't seen megeve's pearl pendant it's gorgeous!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-huge-southsea-pearl.122433/
You are sooooo sweet, I am so flattered! Thank you!
35.gif

@pwendyp, Thanks for your suggestion! IRL the stones are small, as I am a size-whore, haven't you noticed??
9.gif
, they won't stand on its own, not even both. Hence, the third stone, for finger coverage!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results