shape
carat
color
clarity

Which band would you wear with this engagement ring?

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

While I’m still trying to figure what to do with a small loose diamond, I’m looking more at what I wear every day and what I want out of a set.

I’ve always felt my wedding set is a bit mismatched width wise, so I would be interested to know if you just look at my e-ring what style band you would suggest to go with it? The e-ring is 2mm wide in platinum, with half channel set diamonds (centre OEC).

D099AAF2-16BB-483B-98F4-858C1CD6447E.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I think an engraved band would look beautiful next to it while not taking away from your engagement ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the matching diamond band.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Lovely ring. I think I see milgrain on either side of the diamonds? I think I’d wear a plain/mulgrain band in the same width as your engagement ring. Something like this:
61E3B92F-337C-4E18-B5B4-D839F8E0CDAC.jpeg

Yes there is milgrain! This is really pretty thank you for the suggestion.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I think an engraved band would look beautiful next to it while not taking away from your engagement ring.

Yes I’m currently going down a vintage engraved rabbit hole! Do you know any vendors you would recommend for this type of ring?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A matching one on either side would be pretty! Or a matching with something totally different between them.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I’m currently going down a vintage engraved rabbit hole! Do you know any vendors you would recommend for this type of ring?

David Klass makes some as well:

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
A matching one on either side would be pretty! Or a matching with something totally different between them.

Thank you, I’ll have a look!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
David Klass makes some as well:

Thank you so much, I’ll have a look in to these options.

StarshineSweet

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'd look for a channel set vintage band with milgrain.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring.
Whatever you like would be lovely but I wouldn’t make it thicker than you e ring band

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring.
Whatever you like would be lovely but I wouldn’t make it thicker than you e ring band

I was just going to say I love when the width and height (but especially height, for comfort) of the wedding band match the e-ring band.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring.

Thanks! Yes that’s why I’m looking at what style to get, my current wedding ring is too wide so it looks a bit off when they’re together as a set, although perfect for wearing on its own.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I was just going to say I love when the width and height (but especially height, for comfort) of the wedding band match the e-ring band.

I hadn’t considered the height so thank you. I definitely want a band the same width to wear with my e-ring.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a proponent of same height and width as the main band. Beyond that the sky is the limit.

Lesliesc on IG has some pretty engraved bands at about 2mm if you are comfortable buying that way.

20200306_124803.jpg

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I'm a proponent of same height and width as the main band. Beyond that the sky is the limit.

Lesliesc on IG has some pretty engraved bands at about 2mm if you are comfortable buying that way.

20200306_124803.jpg

Thank you so much for the advice. I haven’t bought off IG but I’m definitely open to it so I’ll have a look at their page. Your rings are beautiful!

When you say the same height as the ring, do you mean the height that most of the ring is? Mine gets higher towards the prongs, I’ve added a photo as I’m not sure I’m making sense!

30588EBE-7C0B-4839-AF97-75E64ACB6F69.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your engagement ring - fellow OEC enthusiast here!
Some options for vintage engraved or textured bands here - I’ve bought off this seller and it was a good experience. He has a lot of new old stock so the engraving etc is crisp.
Another seller is this one and I know there’s a few people on here who have these. They’re lovely - new not vintage but very pretty.
Ivy and Rose have a good band selection too.
I don’t know if you like matching or mixed metals. For myself, I’m about the contrast so a two-tone or yellow gold band would be why I’d pair with your engagement ring. Just as others have said, match for the height and width of the shank for a cohesive looking set.
Lots of fun options! Hope you post up what you end up getting so we can enjoy it.

Last edited:

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Love your engagement ring - fellow OEC enthusiast here!
Some options for vintage engraved or textured bands here - I’ve bought off this seller and it was a good experience. He has a lot of new old stock so the engraving etc is crisp.
Another seller is this one and I know there’s a few people on here who have these. They’re lovely - new not vintage but very pretty.
Ivy and Rose have a good band selection too.
I don’t know if you like matching or mixed metals. For myself, I’m about the contrast so a two-tone or yellow gold band would be why I’d pair with your engagement ring. Just as others have said, match for the height and width of the shank for a cohesive looking set.
Lots of fun options! Hope you post up what you end up getting so we can enjoy it.

Thank you! It’s down to PS that I discovered OECs, love them so much!

Really appreciate the recommendations, I will enjoy looking in to them all! I did have a rose gold stacker but I had a look at it recently and the platinum has really eaten away at the edges, I’m going to see if it can be fixed but I think I’ll stick to platinum for my left hand.

I will definitely post when I’ve got something!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Honestly with all going on with that ring and the width of the shank, I would wear as a stand alone. Looks fantastic on you and definitely gives you total bling factor without going overboard and taking away from the main event.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all of the advice and suggestions, I have found myself drawn to the engraved bands but I’ve been finding it hard to visualise which would work best. I have managed to find a UK seller on Etsy who are sending me samples of three of their designs to review, which is fantastic!

I will post them here when they arrive and see what you all think. Exciting!

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
The rings have arrived! I’ve just been having a play with them all. The samples are in sterling silver.

Let me know what you think - the top row is a style called Elsa, the middle row Orange Blossom and the bottom is Victoria.

16B66723-2018-46C9-BA57-DFFA652C135E.jpeg

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I actually really like these two together!!

5A12465D-427D-4DD7-83DC-46AAF42AC2AE.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the orange blossom with your engagement ring but the Victoria on its own. If you are likely to wear your band on its own more than once a week, I would personally purchase the Victoria.

I love the service! Please share the vendor name

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I prefer the orange blossom with your engagement ring but the Victoria on its own. If you are likely to wear your band on its own more than once a week, I would personally purchase the Victoria.

I love the service! Please share the vendor name

Thank you, I think I’m leaning towards the orange blossom too (although I keep changing my mind). I am getting this band to wear with my engagement ring, so I’m less likely to wear it on its own.

I love that they offer this service! They are called Lockley and Ashmore on Etsy, Matt and Oksana have been incredibly helpful and quick to respond.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was thinking I love the bottom one then realised I have the exact same ring! Definitely middle or bottom I think the top one looks a little overwhelmed.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking I love the bottom one then realised I have the exact same ring! Definitely middle or bottom I think the top one looks a little overwhelmed.

Oh wow how funny! Are you happy with it?

I love that the top one is a bit different, but yes it seems a little narrow to sit with the ring.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Some photos from today…

Elsa

7D3F6A91-020F-4E58-97A5-23822B13754A.jpeg

Orange blossom

52460389-151C-4FC4-8017-98D84FB05D83.jpeg

Victoria - this has a gap, I think as it’s the highest of all of them so sits against the prongs whereas the other two tuck underneath

2E59174C-4851-4AA0-8875-62D0298C42E2.jpeg

Or do I consider some bling instead? This is a pave band in white gold and sits a bit too high to wear with my e-ring, which I guess will be an issue with a lot of diamond bands?

0A6F0F87-04B3-4BBC-A553-DE2AFB5ABBBA.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results