shape
carat
color
clarity

Which band would you wear with this engagement ring?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bling

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not loving any of them with your ring...but that's just one opinion. If you love one...get it!

I guess maybe part of it is that your ering looks too tight and the other rings of course are too big so
the proportions are all off in my head. Is your ering comfortable at the size its at? (If its not an issue,
sorry to bring it up.)

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not loving any of them with your ring...but that's just one opinion. If you love one...get it!

I guess maybe part of it is that your ering looks too tight and the other rings of course are too big so
the proportions are all off in my head. Is your ering comfortable at the size its at? (If its not an issue,
sorry to bring it up.)

I agree that the ering looks a bit tight so the bands look out of proportion as a result. It’s hard to tell if the height matched because of this. It may just be a visual thing and it’s comfy to you. My ering is a tad too small so I speak from experience.

How matchy do you want them to be, OP? Bottom left looks good but it may be too close to the style of your ering but not matchy enough if that makes sense? What matters is what you like best!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shared prong

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. Yes my e-ring does look tight, it actually feels ok and I have no issues getting it off. My fingers are quite fleshy but I’m considering getting it re-sized. I’m also at my heaviest weight wise which probably isn’t helping.

I’m struggling to think “that’s it” with any of the rings I’ve tried and maybe as you say it’s the sizing that’s throwing it off. The heights of the bands I’ve tried are a bit too high but I’ve found equivalents that are set lower on Etsy. Trouble is the height on my e-ring is graduated, really low at the back to much higher next to the prongs (1.1mm to 2.1mm) so no band will be a perfect match in height.

I would actually prefer for them not to be overly matchy, although my husband likes that look, he’s much more classic in taste than me. I’m not the biggest fan of channel set which is why I don’t want to exactly match the e-ring.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The rings have arrived! I’ve just been having a play with them all. The samples are in sterling silver.

Let me know what you think - the top row is a style called Elsa, the middle row Orange Blossom and the bottom is Victoria.

16B66723-2018-46C9-BA57-DFFA652C135E.jpeg

I love they did this
I love Victoria

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Shared prong

I love this style but I’m struggling to find a version that will be low enough in height to work with my e-ring.

thirdrock

Shiny_Rock
I think the bottom right option looks the best.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Ooh lots of votes for the engraved option and yes it would be in platinum to match.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, you must all be sick of me by now! I popped in to a local jewellers today to try some more bands out. I’ve definitely decided against a plain band, so either diamonds or engraved. Doesn’t seem like a big step forward but it’s progress of sorts!

25DCEDE3-482C-476D-B829-C52050871325.jpeg

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I went to a jeweller to try some options on, what do you think?

BBF8A2C4-D4EB-4E30-8A52-288916FBF4AF.jpeg

It would bother me massively that the diamonds in your e ring band are spaced apart but in the other bands they are close together.

Therefore it’s another vote for the bottom right engraved band in your last post from me!

You might find if you get your e-ring cleaned by your jeweller in an ultrasonic you can find a “match” easier with a new band. The e-ring seems to have a (very nice antique looking) patina but the bands your tried are new and shiny.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
It would bother me massively that the diamonds in your e ring band are spaced apart but in the other bands they are close together.

Therefore it’s another vote for the bottom right engraved band in your last post from me!

You might find if you get your e-ring cleaned by your jeweller in an ultrasonic you can find a “match” easier with a new band. The e-ring seems to have a (very nice antique looking) patina but the bands your tried are new and shiny.

Yes I can see what you mean about the diamond spacing, the engraved option definitely seems the most popular!

The jeweller I went to today popped it in the steamer for me so in that last picture with the six options is probably as clean as it will get without polishing it up. Brand new I guess will always look brand new, especially against a much worn 13 year old ring!

Personally, my fav is the beadset option(s). E.g. the one on the bottom left of pic #1 and upper right of your DH's top picks. I prefer that style over channel set rounds, bc the rails always seem to cover up too much of the stones.

Agnasia

Shiny_Rock
I am wondering about Etsy vendors versus the local jeweller. I would be happy about buying the engraved band off Etsy as I’ve had great service so far from the vendor and it sounds like others from PS have also had a good experience with them.

However, I am more nervous about buying a diamond ring from Etsy and I’ve seen some threads that show what a mixed bag it can be. I haven’t found exactly the same styles as the ones I like from my local jeweller but I’ve found something similar, I just have no idea if the quality will be the same. The rings from the jeweller are nearly three times the price which gives pause for thought.

The seller I am looking at on Etsy is Polamai, I’ve messaged them and had quick replies so they seem responsive and have good reviews. Has anyone bought from them? Or any thoughts on Etsy versus a jeweller for a diamond ring and the price difference?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results