shape
carat
color
clarity

where do i find princess bezel pix???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
If you make it in gold & W/G, the diamond can actually be soldered into the setting bezel, by creating groves into the wire and closing the setting around the stone and soldering the wire in one place to close the stone in permanently. Then you do the same for the others and work down to the band. The possibilities are limitless and I have to see anybody in all my years experiment with this kind of manufacture, even though the design possibilities could be revoloutinary...

If that doesn''t sound a good idea, it is my expanation. It offeres a more sound setting and allows you to have far less metal on the sides then otherwise. It can''t be done on treated stones or in platinum as the heat would cause damage. In gold it is a safe practice, when I was starting-out as an apprentice I set thousands of stones this way, from saphires (except brown), to rubies and dias, and I didn''t even know how to set, so I know is a good method.

There is a lot more you can do in gold then in platinum because of the heat relationship. In gold you can join the band to the setting anyway you like because you can solder wire onto the setting to meet the band after it is set. Otherwise your capabilities are more limited and you need to contruct the ring before you set it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results