shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your opinion on this Vintage Set?

Berts

Rough_Rock
This was my reply

I received the rings today and they look great! I'll get them checked out in the next couple days. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the Orange Blossom and Traud stamps are missing. That was a really cool part of the ring with the history part of it. I didn't' realize re-sizing of the ring down 1/2 a size would end is these stamps being removed. What are your thoughts?

I'll see what he says and ask for money back. I know it is a great ring and I likely still got a deal but I really like the history of those stamps. Those stamps really were something that helped sell me on the rings. I wanted a old 20's or 30's ring with history, I feel like part of the history is now gone. It's not about the money, it's about the history and the uniqueness of the ring, that's what matters most to me.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Berts|1421876739|3820074 said:
This was my reply

I received the rings today and they look great! I'll get them checked out in the next couple days. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the Orange Blossom and Traud stamps are missing. That was a really cool part of the ring with the history part of it. I didn't' realize re-sizing of the ring down 1/2 a size would end is these stamps being removed. What are your thoughts?

I'll see what he says and ask for money back. I know it is a great ring and I likely still got a deal but I really like the history of those stamps. Those stamps really were something that helped sell me on the rings. I wanted a old 20's or 30's ring with history, I feel like part of the history is now gone. It's not about the money, it's about the history and the uniqueness of the ring, that's what matters most to me.

I totally get that and I'd feel disappointed too, but iit hasn't changed the rings age and history, just made it harder to identify by looking st it. Its still a beautiful antique ring with history and quality to it

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings that old made out of gold often need to be reshanked. Diamond Zone is a good and honest jeweler. I do not think they owe you anything. In fact, it probably would have cost a lot more than $64 if you had taken the rings to a local jeweler to size and reshank (I had that done on an old ring a few years ago and it was $50 just for one). I am sure there was nothing they could do to preserve the marks. I think you got a beautiful set! My advice is to let this go.

Berts

Rough_Rock
This is the response I got.

"Thank you for your email. The Orange Blossom/Traud logo was only on one of the rings. (Soldered together ) It was on the band only. The stamp was high up on the side of the ring band. Is the logo missing from the band? You are correct that a half size down should not remove the logo. We always try to keep all markings in the rings when we size them. It is typical styling of the Orange Blossom brand that is what makes it identifiable to us. Please let me hear your thoughts we are here to help."

I looked again and there is no logo on either ring. The listed clearly shows and stats it has the logo. The part of this reply that doesn't sit well with me is "It is typical styling of the Orange Blossom brand that is what makes it identifiable to us".

Say what you want but their listing is misleading. The logo was on the band and not the engagement ring. That's deceiving but I didn't ask, my bad. The logo was high on the band and they do not remove logo's but the logo is no where to be found.

If the logo was removed during the re-shanking I should have been notified of that, end of story. It's frustrating for sure.

Everything is just a little off here and I need to sleep on it this weekend to decide what my plans are.

Thanks for all your help everyone,

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was reshanked doesn't that remove the shank and replace it hence removing the shank with the logo?
Resizing shouldn't do that but these rings were reshanked. The vendors response to you seems to indicate resizing only so perhaps he isn't tieing the reshanking to you. I'm sure he handles lots of customers everyday so maybe be lost sight of what he did for you. I can understand that happening.

Berts

Rough_Rock
I got the ring appraised. It's a little high which I expected but also don't like, came in at $3.945. Can I have him rewrite it for less so I don't waste money insuring it for an amount I'll never receive?

The color and clarity was spot on with what the seller claimed. They are true to their word.

Also, the appraiser mentioned the band has rubbed thin and where the diamonds are and I should get that built up eventually for $100-$150. I'll wait till she says yes and have that looked at. He is correct and it needs attention.

I'm stoked to have the rings I have, I'm very happy!! WOW did it look good in the appraiser's store with their lights :)

Thank you guys and I'll take a picture soon but it will be with my iPhone so not sure the quality.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Berts|1422407633|3822981 said:
I got the ring appraised. It's a little high which I expected but also don't like, came in at $3.945. Can I have him rewrite it for less so I don't waste money insuring it for an amount I'll never receive?

The color and clarity was spot on with what the seller claimed. They are true to their word.

Also, the appraiser mentioned the band has rubbed thin and where the diamonds are and I should get that built up eventually for $100-$150. I'll wait till she says yes and have that looked at. He is correct and it needs attention.

I'm stoked to have the rings I have, I'm very happy!! WOW did it look good in the appraiser's store with their lights :)

Thank you guys and I'll take a picture soon but it will be with my iPhone so not sure the quality.

I'm so soooo glad that despite the bumps in the road you are happy with what you got..

As for the insurance, maybe insure it for the purchase amount? A lot of places are fine with that if youhave a detailed receipt.

I can't wait to see photos. If you live in a nice (aka warm) place, take a picture under a tree when its sunny. If its snowy, try taking it mid day near a windowsill. All my photos are with my phone, you find the right lighting you should be able to get a good shot ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results