shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your opinion on this Vintage Set?

ooeemusic

Shiny_Rock
oh my goodness, someone please buy that ring from Wink!!! If I had the money I would buy it and wear it as a RHR. sooooo gorgeous! :love:

Berts

Rough_Rock
I contacted them regarding the Winks ring. It's no longer available. Just so happens I live in the same town and was going to take a look at it today. I even grabbed some money just in case ha ha.

A day late and a dollar short on that one I guess.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is really sad! I'm sorry to have posted something that wasn't available. :nono:

The other JBG option is a solid choice if you want to get her something vintage. You could email Grace with any questions and she's very responsive.

Berts

Rough_Rock
The other JBG is also sold. Just my luck.

If anyone else has some leads please post them.

Thanks,

Berts

Rough_Rock

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Berts|1420820413|3814046 said:

Thanks,

Dang, that's too bad. People lurk then snipe sometimes on PS.

What's your budget again?

Berts

Rough_Rock
maccers|1420822582|3814063 said:
Berts|1420820413|3814046 said:

Thanks,

Dang, that's too bad. People lurk then snipe sometimes on PS.

What's your budget again?

I'm hoping for $2,500 but for the right ring I'm willing to spend a little more.

Berts

Rough_Rock
Niel|1420823014|3814068 said:
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=151544748522

I like this one the best so far. Seems like a lot for the money. I do like it when you can get the band with the engagement ring. The lucky lady did say she wants a flush fit band if possible, this doesn't look flush fit but close enough. The center diamond sounds like decent quality, I would say looks but I don't really know what I'm looking at. What are your opinions?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very nice. Great option by Niel.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I like the one Niel posted and it's good value. It's cool that it's an Orange Blossom design - there's some history to that company.

Do you know what size her finger is? The Orange Blossom is size 8 and can be sized to a point.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring. I was reluctant to post it as I wanted a friend to but it. Hahaha.

Notice how its a size 8 now, so it will look larger if you have to size it down, which they will do. Its currently connected to the wedding band, but they can separate the two as well.

With your extra budget I might ask them to see if they can thicken the back of the shanks

They are a reputable vendor many have used here. They have a return policy. Though if you make those changes itay not be returnable. BUT, any jeweler could do those things locally.

Berts

Rough_Rock
Niel|1420824888|3814088 said:
I love this ring. I was reluctant to post it as I wanted a friend to but it. Hahaha.

Notice how its a size 8 now, so it will look larger if you have to size it down, which they will do. Its currently connected to the wedding band, but they can separate the two as well.

With your extra budget I might ask them to see if they can thicken the back of the shanks

They are a reputable vendor many have used here. They have a return policy. Though if you make those changes itay not be returnable. BUT, any jeweler could do those things locally.

She is a 7-1/4 to a 7-1/2 size.

Why thicken the shanks?

Is Orange Blossom known for good quality of diamonds and jewelry? As in they wouldn't stamp their name on a bad piece. Just curious if they were a company that mass produced things and it was more about quantity over quality.

I do like the ring and seriously considering it. Just curious what the experts think.

I wish I could have seen the Winks one in person today. I feel much better about actually seeing it and touching before dropping $2K on something.

Thanks again, I feel I'm getting closer.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Berts|1420825388|3814092 said:
Niel|1420824888|3814088 said:

She is a 7-1/4 to a 7-1/2 size.

Why thicken the shanks?

Is Orange Blossom known for good quality of diamonds and jewelry? As in they wouldn't stamp their name on a bad piece. Just curious if they were a company that mass produced things and it was more about quantity over quality.

I do like the ring and seriously considering it. Just curious what the experts think.

I wish I could have seen the Winks one in person today. I feel much better about actually seeing it and touching before dropping $2K on something.

Thanks again, I feel I'm getting closer.

Oh that's great. If you have to size, its nice not to size too much.

As for the shank comment. What can happen in older rings is the back of the band, the part that sits on the palm, can get worn down. There isn't a good photo of this part of the ring, but it may have that issue. I would ask. If it was a little thin, I would look into adding more gold in that area to bulk it back up.
I can understand wanting to see it in person. But what's nice is the return policy. A lot of places on eBay or Etsy or ruby lane don't offer that.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Berts|1420816465|3814018 said:
I contacted them regarding the Winks ring. It's no longer available. Just so happens I live in the same town and was going to take a look at it today. I even grabbed some money just in case ha ha.

A day late and a dollar short on that one I guess.

If you happen to be that close to Wink, why not pay him a visit?

He may have some other options for you, or may be able to source something from one of his partners.

Give him a ring and see if it would be worth stopping by.

Since you would like to hold something before buying (totally understandable), this would be a great option.

Berts

Rough_Rock
I might roll into his shop today. I should get off work early and see what he has to offer.

Can anyone chime in on the quality of Orange Blossom? Does this diamond stack up against the Winks that everyone loved?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10CT-ANTI...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item1e9805f750

Auction - worth a try:http://www.ebay.com/itm/PLATINUM-1-...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item20f3f0c123

This wouldn't give you quite a flush fit but it would be very close - and it looks like a very promising center stone:http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-1-07c...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item27f614f149

Totally not your gf's style, but I had to put this exquisite setting out there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/57-Carat-F-...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item41783e6dc0

EGL cert, but still...http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGL-Certifi...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item43c98a01e5

GIA cert, HCA 2.3 - "Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right", floral design ring:http://www.ebay.com/itm/70-Ct-Round...t=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item58bc125623

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If its the wink one I'm thinking of, I prefer this center stone. As I remember loving the setting, but the stone seemed a tad tinted.

Orange blossom is a nice company makes nice settings and bands. Its a brand.

It doesn't guarantee a great diamond. But this one looks nice.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel, that's a great find. I love it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Berts|1420776109|3813868 said:
I showed her 25 "random" pictures of rings and 6 made the final cut. The Winks make it, also the old Euro Cut from Jewels by Grace posted above made it, This one made it and is her favorite http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-ring/floral-halo-engagement-ring-14k-white-gold_41946?elem=img&track=product At least I have a better idea of what she likes.

BTW, you could probably get that setting with a good .5 ct center stone within your budget... .55 to if you could increase your budget to $3000... which wouldn't be shabby at all.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Berts

Rough_Rock
Niel|1420830956|3814160 said:
Berts|1420830805|3814155 said:
Probably because the center stone is smaller, less diamonds in the setting and band, and not a brand name.

Also the cut of the stone.

That makes sense, Thanks

Decisions, decisions. What makes this all so hard is it's not for me. If it was for me this experience would have been over long ago. This is a ton of money for me. Lots of outdoor recreational gear opportunities out the window ha ha. Once it's done it's done and move on too the next phase of life eh. I'm sure she will like anything I give her and the best news is even if she hates it, she is way to nice to ever say so.

Thanks again to everyone's help,

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Berts|1420820872|3814049 said:
woofmama|1420777610|3813875 said:
This ring on LT is gorgeous, one of my friends is selling it. It's platinum with a .79ct OEC diamond.
http://www.loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/dot-79-oec-g-h-vs2-antique-platinum-engagement-ring-from-jbeg

Beautiful ring & in your budget.

I emailed them asking for larger pictures, you might want to contact your friend. Those pictures are so small it's hard to see any detail about the ring.

Looks like it has potential :)
I notified her about the pictures & we are going to try to fix that tomorrow.

I have a picture

img_1748-s_dawns_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results