shape
carat
color
clarity

what's your hubby/bf buying you for Christmas?

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
We are buying Kindles for both of us! They're being delivered today, and I'm super excited. It's going to be a battle to not open them until Christmas though.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I got him the new Halo Reach special edition X-box 360, and he got me this...

Heradoggiepark.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
redfaerythinker|1292006203|2793400 said:

DH looooves Halo Reach - I'm sure he'll enjoy it! (along with the special edition Xbox).

Personally, I think you got the better end of the deal :cheeky:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Nothing. I prefer not to exchange gifts on Christmas and he is fine with that.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1292002673|2793336 said:
We don't do gifts to each other at Christmas, but we'll take a day off work and go shopping together at some point in the new year, see what takes our fancy.

That's what I'm talkin about! Sounds perfect to me. We don't do gifts during Christmas either...this sounds like a perfect idea.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1292006883|2793411 said:
We don't do gifts to each other at Christmas, but we'll take a day off work and go shopping together at some point in the new year, see what takes our fancy.

That's what I'm talkin about! Sounds perfect to me. We don't do gifts during Christmas either...this sounds like a perfect idea.

We do this often, for no reason at all. And it doesn't have to be a big gift - just something we want. But we love to exchange presents!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what he's getting me. I can give him a list of things I want(things I want, but probably won't buy for myself) and he might not buy me anything from the list. He doesn't do it to be mean, but he just really wants to surprise me and get me something I'm not expecting at all.

I also have no idea what to get for him. He feels that if there's something that he wants and can afford, then he'll just get it himself. So if I buy any presents for him over a month in advance, there's always the chance of him buying it himself if he later realizes it's something he needs. But I know he needs new shoes, I might get him a recorder for when he goes on a bike tour next summer. I'm not sure though, I think it's something that he might enjoy and probably use, but I just don't know how much he would use it. He's hard to buy for, he doesn't give me any ideas!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Elrohwen|1292006428|2793404 said:

DH looooves Halo Reach - I'm sure he'll enjoy it! (along with the special edition Xbox).

Personally, I think you got the better end of the deal :cheeky:

You definitely got the better end of the deal! Hera is gorgeous!

I also want a puppy for Christmas but I think I'll have to wait until we're a bit more settled. :(

I'm getting him tickets to see U2 when they're in SA next year.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am getting BGD diamond leverback huggies and he is getting a telephot lens for his dslr and an Ipod classic (160gb). We both now have hardrives in our cars so hopefully he will share with me.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
so far, i know i'm getting a kindle case from him (my mom is getting me a kindle) and maybe something else. we shall see...

he's getting the portable XM satellite radio receiver (XMp3i). he's wanted it for a while, and i've put it off & put it off b/c i'm just not sure how much he'll use it & the reviews are only so-so. a few years ago, i bought him a sony mp3 player that he wanted & he's probably only used it *at the most* 10 hours total. i voiced my concerns; he's sure he'll use/love satellite radio. so, that's what he's getting :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Opps and i meant to add, im gonna get a few cans of squid and Octopus....i hate seafood and fish, but he loves it. He loves to eat it straight out of a can, not even cooked :shock:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1292006558|2793405 said:
Nothing. I prefer not to exchange gifts on Christmas and he is fine with that.
Agree with AN!!!

FI LOVES to give gifts during the Christmas season (although he is Jewish and only celebrates the high holy days). He is wonderful at giving gifts but he never asks me what I want, he just goes with instinct or something and gives me what he thinks I want.

In turn, I give him very practical gifts. PJ pants, cologne, etc. Love him!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

what a beautiful present!!! She/he is just gorgeous! Best of luck to you three, that is one beautiful canine. :appl:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen|1291989890|2793123 said:
We're not really gifty people - I can't remember the last time either of us have bought the other something as a surprise, and we don't even do gifts on birthdays or anniversaries. We're much more into going out for really good food or taking a short vacation as our gifts to one another.
This is us, exactly. In the 7 years we've been together, we've only gotten each other a small handful of gifts. We figured out pretty early on that we'd rather do something together and call it our birthday, anniversary, or Christmas gifts than buy one another something.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I emailed him a Dear Santa list so I am pretty sure that I know what I am getting. I am getting ready to ask him if I have any Christmas budget left because I found some more things that I would like :saint:

I got him boring stuff. When I get him toys FAIL, tools FAIL, tech stuff FAIL. This year he is getting a robe and clothes. Maybe after he has such success because I gave him a list he will give me one next year.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I love gifting stuff! And I'm horrible at keeping it under wraps :roll: until christmas. ahahah

The better half is getting some funky socks, some cookie cutters, a nifty rock thing, some neat head phones and whatever else I through in the closet to hide and have since forgotten :D

What I'm getting? I have no idea and I love that, I love getting presents :D

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
He got me this laptop I'm on...my old one bit the dust and I happily accepted my replacement before Christmas.

I got him a new ipod and accessories...and as a joke I'm getting him a mens shake weight, we can't watch the commercial without making some inappropriate jokes so I think it will make for some laughs Christmas morning.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
We're buying each other a four day trip to Italy (we're based in Europe). And we'll have €50 each to spend on one another for a little memento.
One day in Rome, three in Siena. Leave on the 17-12. THIS FRIDAY (woooohooooo)
I. Can. Not. Wait. It's been a long hard couple of months at work and it will be fab to have time with my sweetie.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got a Disney cruise to the Bahamas and we are at the airport waiting for our flight home!

emilyalyse

Rough_Rock
My husband just gave me my Christmas present yesterday... a Kindle!! :) I love it already. He's been getting his gifts as they've been released... he's a huge PS3 nerd, and has been getting plenty of games. ;-) He also got a new phone, so his Christmas from me is pretty much done. lol

We won't be at home on Christmas - driving 12 hours up to see my family (that's our present to all of them. lol), so we've been doing our gifts to each other beforehand.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would love a Kindle..maybe next year. This year I'm having a ring made..but I haven't decided which stones to use, and the ones I am sort of planning on using I can't decide on what to have them set in so..I think my Christmas present will be like, this Spring! I want a pair of Muck boots too.

I want to get him a tungsten wedding band, and also this thing he's been talking about..a craig joiner or something? Creg joiner? It's some sort of tool that..I don't know, it does something so you can make things out of wood. He said it would come in handy when he starts the projects I have lined up for him..a bed for London, a bed for us and a wall of cabinets to replace our bedroom dressers. When I asked him what he wanted he said he was tossing ideas around.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

We like to make a day of it and have a really nice lunch somewhere. Under the influence of at least a bottle of wine, I find I can acquire some really, really nice stuff... ;)) We'll usually get each other some small thing to unwrap on Christmas day, but usually just a silly or jokey thing, not anything expensive. I've knitted a sweater for the poor man this year. I'll know he really loves me if he wears it out of the house. :bigsmile: My knitting 'skills' are legendary.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1292268039|2795769 said:

We like to make a day of it and have a really nice lunch somewhere. Under the influence of at least a bottle of wine, I find I can acquire some really, really nice stuff... ;)) We'll usually get each other some small thing to unwrap on Christmas day, but usually just a silly or jokey thing, not anything expensive. I've knitted a sweater for the poor man this year. I'll know he really loves me if he wears it out of the house. :bigsmile: My knitting 'skills' are legendary.

That seriously sounds fantastic!!!! I'm going to suggest this to SO :) :love:

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Well I thought about it a little bit and I might get BF this game http://www.amazon.com/Big-Buck-Hunt...5Z80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292268865&sr=8-2, but I was reading reviews for the Cabela's game http://www.amazon.com/Cabelas-Game-...UY8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292268865&sr=8-1 and it sounds like it might be a bit more fun. :confused:

But thinking about it I'm going to try to get BF a jacket of some sort, he currently has a zip-up hoodie that looks like it belongs to a 4 year old, and I'm not trying to be mean or crazy either. It's blue and yellow...plus it has holes. Ugh, this is so hard! Oh well, I guess I'll try.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We're buying a dresser for our daughters' room and skipping Christmas gifts otherwise.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I asked for a SF Giants jacket :) sadly I can't find the women's version online and the men's small is a little big so I am debating whether or not to keep it

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
We aren't that into gifts anymore, so we are making 5 vouchers for one another and contributing the money that we would have spent on gifts and putting it in a "fun fund" to spend at our leisure on activities together!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1292274880|2795870 said:
I asked for a SF Giants jacket :) sadly I can't find the women's version online and the men's small is a little big so I am debating whether or not to keep it

:nono: :lol: :D

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1292268039|2795769 said:
My knitting 'skills' are legendary.

Sounds like my "experimental night" cooking! :lol:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1292266462|2795745 said:
Would love a Kindle..maybe next year. This year I'm having a ring made..but I haven't decided which stones to use, and the ones I am sort of planning on using I can't decide on what to have them set in so..I think my Christmas present will be like, this Spring! I want a pair of Muck boots too.

I want to get him a tungsten wedding band, and also this thing he's been talking about..a craig joiner or something? Creg joiner? It's some sort of tool that..I don't know, it does something so you can make things out of wood. He said it would come in handy when he starts the projects I have lined up for him..a bed for London, a bed for us and a wall of cabinets to replace our bedroom dressers. When I asked him what he wanted he said he was tossing ideas around.

Packrat, I think this is what your hubby wants: http://www.kregtool.com/Pocket-Hole-Jigs-Prodlist.html

Check out http://www.ana-white.com for furniture plans!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results