shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats your favorite season and why...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Im looking foward to the fall weather.I enjoy the cool brisk mornings and fall colors of orange,red, and of course...gold in the trees and bushes...but I hate winter snow and cold and bad roads.Whats your favorite and least favorite season.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say I love them all, in reason.

I love being in some lovely place with snow coming down, as long as I am in a cozy room with the fire on and all my kids with me, and not having to drive. I can handle a chilly day with blue skies, but slick roads and endless dreary bleak and freezing days suck.

I love the beach and sun and summer but hate it when it is sticky and humid.

Fall and Spring are easy and almost perfect except Fall hits too fast (means summer is over ) and is too short (means winter is next!)

I love seeing the leaves change and feeling the coolness but not coldness in the air.

I also love seeing the flowers and the leaves budding, and smelling the sweetness of the grass in spring.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two favourites- Summer and Winter. I love summer *if* we get nice weather-although this summer for us has been a wash out. I love the long days and being able to go for lovely walks in the evenings and make a salad for dinner etc. I love winter when I''m tucked up inside and it''s miserable weather outside. I love the chill and there''s something cozy about the dark evenings.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I like Spring and Autumn neither it too cold or too hot :) kinda of a middle ground

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My absolute favorite season is autumn. How can it NOT be, when you live in New England?
1.gif

I love the cool, crisp days -- perfect apple-picking weather. I need to find another healthy apple crisp recipe because I plan on making it quite a bit this fall. I don't make it sweet enough for my husband, and it's hard to justify eating a whole pan of it myself.

Anyway, fall makes me happy, plus, my birthday's at the end of Oct. The big 3-5 this year. Ugh.

I love all the seasons for different reasons. I love winter because it's beautiful when we get the proper amount of snow that New England should get. I love the flowers that bloom in the spring, and I love listening to the birds singing. Summer's great because there's no school, and the days are long and lazy.

JCrow -- I hear ya on the bitter cold days of winter. That's my LEAST favorite thing about winter. That, and the snow that becomes a brown and black mess once the snow plows cover the road with dirt. Yuck.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh i love fall. the jewel tone colors. the spicy smells. the briskness in the air. my b-day is in the fall + when dh and i met + when we got engaged + our anniversary. so, when fall rolls around, i''ve got plenty of warm fuzzy memories swirling around my head. fall is intoxicating.

winter is probably my least favorite. it gets so cold but doesn''t snow. i hate freezing outside and burning up once you get indoors. i hate the freezing cold of your car when you first get in it in the morning. the winter season is just so bleak and stale.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
got to love them all but fall is great! i am looking forward to it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Spring, I like to see all the pretty flower bloom and the trees bud and the grass turn green
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I LOVE the fall season! The colors, the cool, crisp days, the clear blue skys. The excitement of back to school and the upcoming holidays. I just love it!

ETA: I forgot about sweaters. I'm a sweater freak and I can finally wear them again.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love fall. I think maybe b/c I love Thanksgiving and Halloween so much. It's such a fun time where our families get together. Plus I love the weather. Cooler but not cold enough for a jacket yet (at least where I live). Now with T's b-day in the fall just gives me one more reason to love it.
16.gif

ETA: Catmom I *love* sweaters too! My least favorite is probably winter just b/c I hate the cold.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to cop out from picking an actual favorite because I really do love parts of each season. I think the best way to explain it is that I love the season changes. I love the first days of fall when the leaves change and you start wearing jeans and socks again for the first times. I love the first snow of winter and breaking out my sweaters and winter coats. I LOVE the first days of spring when the flowers start to bloom and I can wear flip flops again for the first time. And of course, the first gorgeous hot days of summer when the sky is clear blue and the sun shimmers off of everything.

After the glimmer of the first days wears off, I get bored and long for the next season change, although I guess Spring would be the season I get the least bored with and winter would be the most. Hah! Looks like I lied and picked my favorites anyway!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I guess I am the oddball because I love summer! And I love it despite the fact that it gets really hazy and humid here during the summer months. What I love about summer is being able to wear tank tops and flip flops all the time! Plus I just feel really free and optimistic when the weather is warm.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Nah, onedrop, I''m right there with you. I love summer. Fall and spring are pretty cool, but summer is my favourite (and winter I could do without completely).

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
princess: it''s good to know I have company!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I believe my favorite is probably Spring through early summer. It''s warm, but not too warm..and it''s pretty since everything is growing again.
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
There are no seasons in South Florida.

Therefore, my favorite "time" is the two weeks in December when its "cold" (in the 50s) and my least favorite times are the other 50 weeks of the year.

LOL

When I lived in NY, Spring was my favorite time of the year. It was warm enough to go outside and play but not hot.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Jewelerman!!!

My favorite are spring and summer. I love the sunshine, and sitting outside and just working outdoors. I love the longer days, all the flowers and green trees, ice cream treats, iced teas, smelling the fresh air and fresh flowers, relaxing with friends, watching the hummingbirds at the feeder, the gorgeous sunsets, the blue skies, I love everything about those 2 seasons.
30.gif
I guess we are lucky where I live because there is no humidity really so it is easier to be outside doing things.

The others are my least favorite. I try my hardest to embrace them. I do love seeing the first snow; the warm blankets but I don't like running from the bed to turn on the heater and running back to bed to wait for it to warm up.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spring and summer used to be my favorite time of year, but I''ve become intolerant to the heat in the last few years and now I''m quite unhappy during the summer. It''s always humid here too, which makes it much worse.

My favorite time of year is Nov., Dec., Jan., and Feb. I love the holiday season, and our birthdays follow the holidays. Any time I can roast a whole turkey, I''m happy. I also prefer jeans and turtlenecks over shorts and capris.

Skippy, where do you live without humidity?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love fall because the weather''s perfect and it reminds me of a lot of things I love. I love going with my husband and picking out our pumpkins, I love that''s it''s the start of feeling cozy, and I love the sound of the wind ruffling the leaves on the ground.

Here''s a pic of our pumpkins:
From the left, dog pumpkin (Hera), our pumpkin and our cat pumpkin (Cassanova)

pums2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 4:54:03 PM
Author: gemgirl
Spring and summer used to be my favorite time of year, but I''ve become intolerant to the heat in the last few years and now I''m quite unhappy during the summer. It''s always humid here too, which makes it much worse.

My favorite time of year is Nov., Dec., Jan., and Feb. I love the holiday season, and our birthdays follow the holidays. Any time I can roast a whole turkey, I''m happy. I also prefer jeans and turtlenecks over shorts and capris.

Skippy, where do you live without humidity?
We do not have much humidity here in NM.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely Fall, when it starts to cool down. Love it. I detest hot weather. The city we live in, in (California) reaches to 108.
14.gif

Love the leaves falling off of the trees, putting on my nice warm socks and boots again, hot apple cider, the whole works.
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 9:14:34 AM
Author: Catmom
Oh I LOVE the fall season! The colors, the cool, crisp days, the clear blue skys. The excitement of back to school and the upcoming holidays. I just love it!

ETA: I forgot about sweaters. I''m a sweater freak and I can finally wear them again.

Me Too Michelle I LOVE sweaters
36.gif

Linda

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love fall. I''m tired of the heat and humidity every day. I hate feeling sticky in my work dress clothes from walking from my car to the building. My hair is nuts all summer due to the humidity. Fall is such a nice breath of cool, fresh air!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever season we''re in (yes, I realize the irony of that since I am in socal). I always think, ahhh....this is SO nice. Until the next season rolls in, and I think...ah...this is SO nice. Etc. etc. etc.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This time of year (fall) is always fabulous..kids start school tomorrow..YEAH!
Summer is my favourite season..I was born to live in the sun..and we only get about two hot months ouf of twelve here!
Winter is a great season as well..so much to do ..ski, skate, snow sliding...etc..but it does get cold.
I''m fortunate to live somewhere where we get 4 fabulous seasons!!
Summer is my favourite of all four!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fall, hands down. Summers are so hot and humid here, but when fall comes, the first part anyway, it''s cooler and drier. Perfect. I also love it for all the other reasons given.

For those who love fall, do any of you feel like the days are "softer and quieter (before leaves dry)"? I don''t know how else to descibe what I mean, but I''ve always felt that way. Am I just weird?
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:55:55 AM
Author: Ellen
Fall, hands down. Summers are so hot and humid here, but when fall comes, the first part anyway, it''s cooler and drier. Perfect. I also love it for all the other reasons given.

For those who love fall, do any of you feel like the days are ''softer and quieter (before leaves dry)''? I don''t know how else to descibe what I mean, but I''ve always felt that way. Am I just weird?
9.gif

Ellen: I know exactly what you mean and it IS hard to describe. Now you will think I am weird, but the air seems softer to me too even though it is cooler. I love love love Fall
36.gif
30.gif
9.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I have such a hard time choosing - since I live in the midwest, we get the full range of seasons.

I love early winter - first snow fall, bundling up, Christmas - but I can''t stand late winter. By February, I''m going absolutely nuts and need sunshine again.

Mid-late spring - my birthday is in April, and I love love love getting to wear pastel colors. I love the first warm-ish day, and I like the rain, and flowers coming up - love it.

Early fall - break out the light sweaters and jeans! There is so much to do in fall, and the weather is brilliant. It''s no longer sweltering hot, and I love watching the trees turn.

I love a warm, sunny day just as much as anyone else, but summer isn''t really one of my favorite seasons...I really, really hate stinkin hot, humid days, and either I''m working and can''t enjoy the gorgeous weather OR I''m bored to tears. So for those reasons, summer has never really been a fave.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 12:03:30 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 9/2/2008 9:55:55 AM
Author: Ellen
Fall, hands down. Summers are so hot and humid here, but when fall comes, the first part anyway, it's cooler and drier. Perfect. I also love it for all the other reasons given.

For those who love fall, do any of you feel like the days are 'softer and quieter (before leaves dry)'? I don't know how else to descibe what I mean, but I've always felt that way. Am I just weird?
9.gif

Ellen: I know exactly what you mean and it IS hard to describe. Now you will think I am weird, but the air seems softer to me too even though it is cooler. I love love love Fall
36.gif
30.gif
9.gif
Yay, I'm not weird!!
9.gif
And yes, I also know exactly what you mean too! (I think that may have been part of what I was trying to convey)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results