shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite makeup line?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been using l''oreal but it''s happened with just about every one I buy, including the new clinique one I just bought.
I don''t use an eye cream underneath which I know is super bad. I just bought eyecon by benefit so will start using that. It doesn''t burn and most eye creams burn on me which is why I don''t use them.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 12:56:41 PM
Author: diamondsrock
for those of you who love YSL touch eclat, tell me more about it. I''ve been waivering about buying this for years but always backed off because of the price.
My concealer always cakes, though, so I''m thinking this may do the trick? I have serious under eye circles and have for many years.
Which color do you wear? 1, 2,etc...
Without a doubt I would not be without my YSL Touche Eclat. Undoubtably the best concealer I''ve ever tried. I have horrendous dark circles under my eyes and it works like a dream. I have dark hair, but very fair skin so I wear 01.

I''m also a lover of MAC. Love the brushes, especially the eyebrow brush, however I managed without that before I will never know.

Recently I have also taken to lightly brushing MAC''s Brulee eyeshadow over top of the touche eclat. I''ve used that for years as an eyeshadow base, but works great under eyes too! It also works perfectly for covering up a couple of little spider veins I have either side of my nose.

I''ve flip-flopped over foundations for years. Right now I am using the new Olay tinted moisturiser and love it. But for many years I used a Chanel foundation cream in jar, don''t remember it''s exact name. I always lusted over a Chanel pressed powder compact, but it was so expensive I never got one. Right now I''m using Revlon''s pressed powder - Sand Beige. I''ve used this for many years.

I''ve also been a dedicated user of Lancome mascara, although of late I will admit to becoming increasingly fed up with it. It seems to go clumpy very quickly and flake off a lot easier than it used to. Anyone else have that problem? Love to hear people''s mascara reccos.

One poster up thread mentioned that she doesn''t use products tested on animals. I hate to throw a spanner in the works here. However, for 10 years or so I worked for the Health and Beautycare division of a major consumer products manufacturer. I''m not sure how I came by this information and I was not privvy to my own company''s testing practices. BUT, I did hear that many companies claim not to test their products on animals. They did however, test individual components of a product on animals. In addition to this another common practice is to outsource animal testing to a third party. Caveat Emptor.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 1:19:46 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I''ve been using l''oreal but it''s happened with just about every one I buy, including the new clinique one I just bought.
I don''t use an eye cream underneath which I know is super bad. I just bought eyecon by benefit so will start using that. It doesn''t burn and most eye creams burn on me which is why I don''t use them.
Are you using the Advanced Concealer? That''s the one I use and I put it over Clinique''s "Repairwear," and it works well.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 3:22:33 PM
Author: Gailey
I've also been a dedicated user of Lancome mascara, although of late I will admit to becoming increasingly fed up with it. It seems to go clumpy very quickly and flake off a lot easier than it used to. Anyone else have that problem? Love to hear people's mascara reccos.

One poster up thread mentioned that she doesn't use products tested on animals. I hate to throw a spanner in the works here. However, for 10 years or so I worked for the Health and Beautycare division of a major consumer products manufacturer. I'm not sure how I came by this information and I was not privvy to my own company's testing practices. BUT, I did hear that many companies claim not to test their products on animals. They did however, test individual components of a product on animals. In addition to this another common practice is to outsource animal testing to a third party. Caveat Emptor.
All the companies I stick with are ones recommended by PETA. Just because some companies may outsource animal testing, doesn't mean one should abandon all hope that the PETA recommended companies aren't testing and use that as an excuse to use any old brand. It's worth a shot to put a bit of faith in some companies. Many brands clearly mark their *finished* product isn't tested on animals. Clearly they ARE testing, so that labeling makes it much easier to weed out products.

It's not to painful to give up Lancome mascara for more than the fact that it clumps. . .

(and I'm not trying to start a debate - and I DON'T want to - but when a person comments on a post I've made, I feel it's often necessary to respond.)

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 5:16:24 AM
Author: arjunajane
Oh, and addicted to YSL touche eclat - nothing better for under eyes!
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Toooooooooooooooooooo! I always grab one at the duty free shop, as it''s way cheaper than the Canadian cosmetics counters.

I do love MAC eyeshadow because of the magnetic feature in the palette. i just bring whatever 4 colours i need for that occasion in the one handy compact. LOVE that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results