shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite makeup line?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I love Bobbi Brown for all of my color cosmetics (blush, shadows, lipsticks) and Bare Minerals for foundation. Bobbi Brown (the makeup artist) has similar coloring and skin tone to mine, so all of her colors look good on me - even blues and reds.

I also have to say that my one cheapy cosmetic that I can''t live without is my Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara. It''s the only one that really thickens without clumps. I can spend 5 times as much on a mascara, and it wouldn''t perform as well as the Cover Girl :)

BeGatch!

Shiny_Rock
MC- I have a Cosmetics Company Store near me and its awesome! I try to go there often to get stuff by the diff brands they have for my kit, I also get 40% off MAC b/c I''m a make-up artist so that''s great! YSL is a lil'' expensive but they also have a few products I really like...

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I use many different brands of products but some of my faves are:
Mascara: Cover Girl (purple tube)
Concealer: Clinique Acne Coverstick
Eyeshadow: True Colors (last forever and so beautiful!)
The beauty product that I cant live without has to be the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. It is a miracle worker... my eyeshadow used to crease after 2 hours and now I can go all day and then some with no crease... it is great!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 2:40:58 PM
Author: poshpepper
The beauty product that I cant live without has to be the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. It is a miracle worker... my eyeshadow used to crease after 2 hours and now I can go all day and then some with no crease... it is great!
UD potion primer is great. Have you ever taken the stopper off of it? If you do so, there is at least 50% more primer left in the tube.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I love Shu Uemura's blushes and eye shadows and their eyeliner drawing pencils are incredible. I love Vincent Longo's Water Canvas Creme to Powder Foundation, but I just about weep every time I have to pay for it. If feels so fresh and dewy. I think I'll try Musey's Make Up For Ever foundation next time I see it! Those MUFE bottles are enormo! Also love MAC Sophisto lipstick and Brun eyeshadow for filling in my brows.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love Trish for eyeshadow, mascera, and lip color

I use clinique for foundation, powder

I fill my eyebrows using a product from Benefit

I cannot live without mascera

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 2:52:22 PM
Author: MC

UD potion primer is great. Have you ever taken the stopper off of it? If you do so, there is at least 50% more primer left in the tube.
Where is the stopper? I will have to go look for that tonight... I would love to get more use out of the tube considering the price!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t wear cover up or foundation (I know, ah!) but I LOVE maybelline mascara because I can buy a new one more often... but I love LOVE LOVE

MAC (i think it''s lustre gloss?) in Oyster Girl
and
Clinique Eyeshadow- there is this beautiful two color pallete that has goldish beige and purple
It matches beautifully with my green eyes, if I do say so myself.
3.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 5:50:48 PM
Author:amber_312
What's your favorite makeup line?
"Hey honey...I heartell that once our fight is over and we makeup, the sex is really good...."

1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 10:11:47 PM
Author: Regular Guy

What's your favorite makeup line?
'Hey honey...I heartell that once our fight is over and we makeup, the sex is really good....'

1.gif
LOL
9.gif
36.gif

eta: I too am of fan of Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and eyeshadows.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My latest favourite is a Lancome waterproof concealer. I think it''s called Effancernes or something like that. Anyhow, it REALLY works on my dark blue and red under eye area (allergies!).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

''Hey honey...I heartell that once our fight is over and we makeup, the sex is really good....''

1.gif
Awww. Love that!!!
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and addicted to YSL touche eclat - nothing better for under eyes!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 6:49:34 PM

Where is the stopper? I will have to go look for that tonight... I would love to get more use out of the tube considering the price!
When you open the tube, it''s the clearish plastic ring around the top of the threading. The ring extends down inside the tube, so it''s a PITB to get out, but it''s worth it. Usually I use a knife to pry it loose and then yank on it until it comes out. It takes me about 10 mintutes because I''m not very handy when working with tools.

Also, I never apply the primer from the doe foot part directly to my eye because that can contaminate the entire tube. I wash my hands and then put a bit on the back of my hand and then from there apply it to my eyes. This way I don''t have to worry about any bacteria forming since I''m using the same tube for 6+ months.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 11:31:00 AM

Date: 11/11/2008 6:49:34 PM

When you open the tube, it''s the clearish plastic ring around the top of the threading. The ring extends down inside the tube, so it''s a PITB to get out, but it''s worth it. Usually I use a knife to pry it loose and then yank on it until it comes out. It takes me about 10 mintutes because I''m not very handy when working with tools.

Also, I never apply the primer from the doe foot part directly to my eye because that can contaminate the entire tube. I wash my hands and then put a bit on the back of my hand and then from there apply it to my eyes. This way I don''t have to worry about any bacteria forming since I''m using the same tube for 6+ months.
Thanks! I found the stopper this morning and took it off... it was like I had a whole new tube, there was so much product. I was about "done" with that tube because it was getting difficult to get more product out. I also do not use the doe foot to apply to my eye, I use my finger tips (clean hands).
Thanks for the tips!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
another Mac girl here!! I love their stuff and could not agree more about the statement of good brushes!!! I love their brushes as well as Sephora''s.
Funnily enough, even though I''m a Mac girl, I love browsing the makeup isles at drugstores and Target. I grabbed Neutrogena''s Healthy Volume mascara with the olive oil in it... I LOVE this stuff!!! It has a great brush in it and I never get clumps! Check it out!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 5:16:24 AM
Author: arjunajane
AJ This is my holy grail and have been using it for years.
I love MAC powerpoint eye pencils and have just discovered Fluidline Eyeliner. The best black ever and doesn''t smudge
Also love BB gel eyeliner but they are getting to smudgy on my 50 year old eyelids!
Chanel lipsticks
Foundation. Less is more for me now. Chanel for night Becca tinted moisturizer for day
Blush
30.gif
BB cream blusher
Mascara depends. I try all the new ones out. I have long but fine lashes. Usually Diorific or BB but I got a Loreal one the other day which did the job!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto, that is a staple!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2008 3:50:32 PM
Author: Lorelei

Thritto, that is a staple!

Add me too.. I LOVE that stuff
36.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock

''Hey honey...I heartell that once our fight is over and we makeup, the sex is really good....''

1.gif

hahahaha! awesome. good comeback.

=)

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 2:06:25 PM
Date: 11/11/2008 1:58:40 PM

Author: BeGatch!

I have to say brushes are soooooo very important when trying to achieve a flawless look!
Yep, brushes are the best investment and key to a polished look. I love MAC brushes and also have a couple great Stila and Chanel brushes. (If anyone has an outlet mall by them with a Cosmetic Company Store, there are a bunch of brands - Clinque, MAC, Bobbie Brown, Estee Lauder, etc., and all makeup/creams are 30% off. That''s a great place to stock up on MAC brushes. I got a $42 brush for only $30!)

thanks so much for the tip!

1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just received a sample of YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick and it is DEVINE! A smidge gives a wonderful stain appearance and a couple of coats a nice shine. Ultra silky with no drying. When my sample is finished I will buy this product!!! I seem to be using more and more of this line and love everything.

cheers--Sharon

a.Lei

Rough_Rock
I agree with good quality brushes and use MAC brushes. I have some MAC eyeshadows and I have a lot of NYX eyeshadows which is just as great as MAC at 1/4 the cost. I also use everyday minerals and love it.

jbazz

Rough_Rock
I use mostly Stilla. But love Dior mascara and Chanel lipstick.

I also love Borghese fango for hair (although for the face and body is nice too).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of makeup, I cannot for the life of me find my favourite Lancome Blush compact !
39.gif
It has been MIA for days, it was almost new and I love it - its not like me to lose things, I have no idea where it is
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2008 6:13:42 AM
Speaking of makeup, I cannot for the life of me find my favourite Lancome Blush compact !
39.gif
It has been MIA for days, it was almost new and I love it - its not like me to lose things, I have no idea where it is
7.gif
Oh AJ I hope you find it...
15.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 6:32:05 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 11/17/2008 6:13:42 AM
39.gif
7.gif
Oh AJ I hope you find it...
15.gif
fankies sweets, I dunno what I done wit it..

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chanel.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
for those of you who love YSL touch eclat, tell me more about it. I''ve been waivering about buying this for years but always backed off because of the price.
My concealer always cakes, though, so I''m thinking this may do the trick? I have serious under eye circles and have for many years.
Which color do you wear? 1, 2,etc...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 12:56:41 PM
Author: diamondsrock
for those of you who love YSL touch eclat, tell me more about it. I''ve been waivering about buying this for years but always backed off because of the price.
My concealer always cakes, though, so I''m thinking this may do the trick? I have serious under eye circles and have for many years.
Which color do you wear? 1, 2,etc...
What creams are you applying before you put on your concealer and which concealer are you using right now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results