shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s the next big thing that''s going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
so now you''re married... what the next big thing that''s going to happen for the two of you?

moving? new house? graduating? new job? super vacation planned? someone else in the family getting married? pets? kids?

for us, all going well, we''ll have a new addition to our family end July.
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
We are building a house and have a baby on the way!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
meresal - yay! what''s your house going to look like? by the way, I am also a Mrs. B now.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting KTFU

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh, noelwr!! Congrats on your pregnancy, that''s so exciting!!!

We celebrated our 2-year anniversary this fall so we kind of waited a bit for anything big to happen. This year we took a couple of big vacations, got our second dog (which spurred us to also get a second vehicle). Now it''s all sort of happening at once, though. We''re buying a house, taking a couple more pre-baby trips and then we''ll probably start TTC in the next year or two.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 10:54:55 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Getting KTFU
Ditto. We are also moving into a new home, ideally by spring! And we just adopted our first pet together.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Noel!!

Well, me moved the week before the wedding, so that''s done until next year. No babies yet, so that leaves our HM next month!
31.gif
36.gif
We are so excited for that. It will be our first long (as in, more than 3-4 days) vacation without family.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully buying a house -- I am graduating from law school in May and don''t know what job I''ll have after, which complicates things a bit, but since we want a house we could afford on one income, we might move on it more quickly if we find a great place. No babies for awhile, though! Probably a least another year and a half.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Noel!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 11:47:02 AM
Author: Octavia
Hopefully buying a house -- I am graduating from law school in May and don''t know what job I''ll have after, which complicates things a bit, but since we want a house we could afford on one income, we might move on it more quickly if we find a great place. No babies for awhile, though! Probably a least another year and a half.

Ditto. Except, replace "house" with "apartment."

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
In May I''ll be graduating college and (*hopefully*) beginning grad school soon after. I''m currently sending in applications, and I''m *so* nervous. I''m praying I get into my first choice. Or second. Or even third.

We would like to buy an apartment, but we have a lease through the whole 2010. So we could possibly buy in early 2011, but it depends on DH''s job, our financial situation, and my school. Time will tell
9.gif

I would love a puppy. I don''t think DH wants one yet though.
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, well, first I need to find another job. After that we'll start saving for a house again and will hopefully be able to get one in a few years (I would like to save at least 15-20% and we're only 1/3 of the way there). Houses are ridiculously expensive here, so I guess we also really need to decide if we're going to stay or possibly move somewhere else before we buy - I want to be sure we're going to stay in one place. Either way it'll be at least 2 more years I think. And kids will not be happening for at least a few years after that!

I'm trying to talk DH into getting a second bunny to be a companion to our first, but he says not until we get a house
7.gif
We both want a dog too, but even I can admit that a dog should wait until we have a house with a yard.

For shorter term goals, we'd love to go on a big vacation to the Adirondacks with old college friends next summer - stay in a cabin, go water skiing, drink our favorite beer (widely available up there). Pack a few people into a cabin and just hang out
10.gif
We also plan to visit SIL in Austin and my bff in LA since I have some frequent flier tickets to use up. And some friends usually take a tropical -type vacation every year, so maybe we'll be able to go with them (this year we didn't because we had the honeymoon and wedding to save for).

Sorry that was such a long answer!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Paying off our bills! Haha and then moving into a house or having a baby, whichever comes first :)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
We''re been married for 16 months today, and during that time, I graduated college, got pregnant, and we bought a house yesterday!
19.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 3:06:05 PM
Author: anchor31
We''re been married for 16 months today, and during that time, I graduated college, got pregnant, and we bought a house yesterday!
19.gif
Just commented on your other post, but had to comment again - man, what an absolutely wonderful year for you! Félicitations, mon chéri!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. We are the most boring newlyweds around
3.gif
We are looking forward to our anniversary trip October 2010 to Disney. It''s my first time ever having an opportunity to go and I have been wanting to go ever since I was a little girl. I am pretty excited!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Well we are getting a dog in March, I am graduating with my Master''s in May, vacation on the Oasis of the Seas cruise ship (biggest in the world!) for our 1st anniversary and then baby time!
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, as many of you are aware, we''re long distance, so the next big thing would be living together once we actually get to the same place in at least 3 years. I don''t really think anything big can happen for us in the meantime.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nooooooooo! We are so excited to have some serious downtime together, so here''s hoping that nothing big happens for a while.

We bought a house right when we were married, so we got that out of the way. We also adopted the pup right after we came home from the honeymoon so there are our big things, I guess.

I look forward to a good long time of quiet, relaxing evenings together with our furbabies. I am so not in a rush to get to the next big thing.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We did things backwards I guess. We bought our apartment and have a cat. I think the next big thing will be a vacation and a kitchen remodel. Oh, DH got me an eternity band today....that was big for me!

Congrats on all the accomplishments and family additions ladies.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
With the wedding behind us, we are finally getting down to business on finishing our dissertations and will both be applying for professor jobs and/or post-docs next fall. Until we''re done our PhDs, we don''t want any other distractions (and really, we can''t buy a house until we know where we''ll be teaching anyway). So, number one priority = get out of grad school!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Nope nothing big. I blew all my vacation days on the wedding & honeymoon so no big trips either. We''re boring :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
We got married in October and moved to Denver the week after. SO, new hubby, new state, new job so far. We''re gonna feel out the city to determine what area we like most for house hunting. Kids aren''t in our near future. We''re just getting settled in our new lives in the mountains!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 6:39:13 PM
Author: Haven
Nooooooooo! We are so excited to have some serious downtime together, so here''s hoping that nothing big happens for a while.

We bought a house right when we were married, so we got that out of the way. We also adopted the pup right after we came home from the honeymoon so there are our big things, I guess.

I look forward to a good long time of quiet, relaxing evenings together with our furbabies. I am so not in a rush to get to the next big thing.

Ha, ditto! I (finally) finished my undergrad degree in December of last year, I got a new job in April, we got married in July and closed on our house a month after the wedding. So yeah, I could use a break!

Except now I think I''m going to try to get my MPH (part time, provided I get in!), so that''s my next big thing I guess.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 11:33:37 PM
Author: BeachRunner
We got married in October and moved to Denver the week after. SO, new hubby, new state, new job so far. We''re gonna feel out the city to determine what area we like most for house hunting. Kids aren''t in our near future. We''re just getting settled in our new lives in the mountains!
Ooh, another PSer in Denver! Welcome! DH and I are house-hunting here at the moment--we''re hoping that buying a house will be our next big event.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2009 12:50:58 PM
Author: TheBigT
Date: 12/2/2009 11:47:02 AM

Author: Octavia

Hopefully buying a house -- I am graduating from law school in May and don't know what job I'll have after, which complicates things a bit, but since we want a house we could afford on one income, we might move on it more quickly if we find a great place. No babies for awhile, though! Probably a least another year and a half.

Ditto. Except, replace 'house' with 'apartment.'

Well, it will probably be a townhouse/rowhouse for us, although I do have visions of a single-family home with an attached garage and big yard in some leafy suburb. We live in a rented condo now and highrise living is SO not for me, so buying an apartment/condo isn't in the cards for us.

The other thing I forgot to say before is that our second marriage celebration, in DH's home country, will be in late August or early September! I'm really looking forward to that, my parents are planning to go and they've never been before, so it will be fun to show them around and have them meet the rest of my hubby's family. We're also hoping to have a honeymoon before that, but we'll see how it goes...

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for so many replies! it is interesting how so many different things are going on. and I also hear ya on that it''s nice NOT to have something big going on for a while and to just relax with your hubby.

NewEnglandLady, Laila619, Haven, emeraldlover1 - let''s see photos of your new pets!

sunnyd - where are you going on honeymoon?

Lilac - I totally hear you on the puppy thing. today DH said he''s going to get me a prezzie after work, so I said, "Is it a puppy?"
38.gif
well, we''re not home enough to take care of one anyway, but I always wanted one since I was 6.

Keepingthefaith21 - is that Disneyworld, -land or EuroDisney?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t have any big things coming up for another while. I graduate from grad school in 2012 so that''s still a long time away and we are waiting to buy and have kids until I graduate. We are fortunate to go on a couple of big holidays every year so our next one will be in May and we''re going to Cuba.

Congrats to all who are expecting!! That''s amazing news!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 12:22:20 AM
Author: kittybean
Date: 12/2/2009 11:33:37 PM

Author: BeachRunner

Ooh, another PSer in Denver! Welcome! DH and I are house-hunting here at the moment--we''re hoping that buying a house will be our next big event.

Any luck? We are starting to keep our eyes open for houses too, preferably with a view of the mountains since that is why we moved here in the first place
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results