shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s been the biggest surprise so far?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 7:12:33 PM
Author: HollyS
Date: 10/8/2009 2:44:59 PM
Author: musey
Date: 10/8/2009 1:29:52 PM
Author: HollyS
But, I didn''t realize how much I would miss being ''alone'' when I wanted to be. NOT thinkinig about what someone else wants for dinner, NOT participating in said dinner, NOT talking when I didn''t want to, NOT watching TV together. . . just being able to do my own thing. Flop on the couch, stare at a wall, crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head when the day sucked. That stuff. Gosh, I miss that stuff. But I''d miss him more if I really was alone.
Why on earth can''t you still have that stuff?

I REALLY need some alone time sometimes, and so does he. We just spend the evening ignoring each other sometimes
3.gif

I don''t feel like marriage has to mean being tied to the other person and their activity schedule at all times.
It''s not that I can''t do those things, it''s that it isn''t the same as being alone. If, for instance, crawling into bed at 9PM without dinner seems like a good idea to me (and something I might do if I were alone), that activity would seem alien/abnormal to him - - and need explanation. And then we would have to have the ''Baby, are you alright? Can I get you anything? What''s wrong? Are you sure you''re okay?'' conversation. . . which I wouldn''t have to have if I were alone. See the difference?

But, it''s a small thing.
I suppose. Maybe we''re not very good spouses... it''s funny you gave that specific example, because just a few days ago I conked out around 8pm while he was working away on his computer. I woke up the next morning and said, "hey, did I even brush my teeth last night??" (ew!)
3.gif
I didn''t think to offer an explanation and he didn''t ask. We just laughed about it the next day.

I see what you mean about having to give an explanation for behaviors, but I suppose it doesn''t happen very often with us. Maybe we''re just used to each other doing weird things all the time, so nothing seems weird anymore!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 11:39:52 AM
Author: noelwr
Date: 10/7/2009 1:53:42 PM
Author: musey
Hi Kama!!
35.gif

I've gotten busier and busier with work over the past four months or so. Actually, soon after (a couple of weeks) I hit 10k I got a new job and sorta dropped away from PS (at least comparatively so). People probably thought I was one of the hit-10k-and-run variety!! But I've just been busy.

It's nice to pop in and chat when I can!
musey what is 10k?
Date: 10/9/2009 3:25:46 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved

a 10k is a marathon, right musey? i forget how long it is though...10 kilometers?
Date: 10/9/2009 4:11:49 PM
Author: KatyWI

She meant when she hit 10,000 posts.
Katy's right, sorry, I suppose I should've specified
2.gif

I was referring to having posted frequently up until 10,000, and then not posting nearly as frequently afterward. It's something that's joked about sometimes - that people just burn out and leave after that many posts.

I WISH I'd recently run a 10k!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For us, it''s pretty much one-sided. I love having alone time and enjoy tons of it. He doesn''t have much time to be alone, either outside or in our home. I''ve started doing some evening activities by myself, and for the first few nights he scheduled things with the boys. One evening I suggested he enjoy time alone at home since he keeps complaining he doesn''t get an opportunity to...what do I find? Him conked out on the couch at 8:30pm! Apparently, he was bored without me.

It''s funny because we don''t exactly spend our entire evening talking or doing things together, but just having me around the house is apparently enough to make him feel happy.
28.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 3:25:46 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
a 10k is a marathon, right musey? i forget how long it is though...10 kilometers?

A marathon is 26.2 miles. A 10 kilometer race is just called a 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results