shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you do...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am much less welcoming than most people my age (early 20s). I won''t have people over I don''t know unless they come recommended from a close friend, although I will have *female* friends I only met a few weeks prior stay over if they need a bed. But I keep an eye on my stuff.

Contrast with with another girl here I know---she allowed a strange man she met online through some traveler''s "free bed for a night" exchange to stay with her and her 2 (also female!!) roommates. Luckily nothing happened. This is alarmingly prevelent with people my age---probably because none of us can afford hotels?

Honestly----you have to trust your gut. You can know someone for years and they can still be a rotten apple. In your situation...it may just be that they are socially alkward folks? If they take the BnB suggestion and you enjoy hanging out with them, why not.

RE: online buddies. Nuh-uh!!! Not to insult any of you wonderful people, but I wouldn''t let you in my home until I met you in a public location with someone waiting for me at least a few times. You seriously miss all the body language clues that allow you to trust your gut in the first place online, you have no idea of someone''s true identity, etc. For all we know strmdr is a 12 yr old girl
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I met a couple when I was on holiday in Greece a few years ago with an ex bf. We spent a few days together and even stayed in the same apartment on one island.

Ex bf was going to Genoa in Italy for a week for work straight after the holiday and I was going too so I could see the city. This couple were from there, so we met up most days and they showed me round. We ended up as really good friends and spent New Year 2000 together.

However, making instant and laid back friendships when you are in your early 20''s is one thing. Now in my mid-30''s my ''sleeping on people''s floors'' days are over and I would find it a little odd if a similarly aged couple invited themselves over so easily.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 5:12:32 AM
Author: phoenixgirl
Scarleta, wow, you must be a total blast to hang out with! Are you especially uninhibited when traveling so that you are much more open to new people than usual?

Phoenixgirl: I take is as compliment , but I don''t think I am a total blast to hang out with.Yes I try to be friendly , but maybe you have a point about beeing too open to new people. I must be somehow attracting it because as I said it happened 3 times this year.After the 3rd such request I felt I needed few more opinions on this that''s why I posted.Thanks..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2007 12:07:01 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 7/16/2007 10:58:03 PM

Author: scarleta

I totally agree with you Tacori.I am just wondering perhaps I ought to consider opening B&B???

just kidding here..

You are just TOO friendly! I would take it as a compliment but invent some excuses fast! They don''t have your address right?
No Tacori they don''t have my address only email .I have no problem giving my email to people I meet and get along with.Mail adddress I don''t give out to people I just meet.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results