shape
carat
color
clarity

What were your Cabbage Patch Kids'' names?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t remember the name of mine...but I had the Crimp and Curl one....lol...neat thread!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 12:40:50 AM
Author: Elmorton
How do y''all remember the names?!?!!

I had two - and I think my mom got them for me when I was youuuung (whenever the crazy year was...) - she was at the store and she had a split second grab me one, but she wasn''t sure if my eyes were going to go green or brown (they were really hazel when I was itty bitty) so she got one with brown hair, green eyes and another one with brown hair, brown eyes. If I remember right, they even had the same outfit. To be really honest, I wasn''t really that attached to them, but I think they''re somewhere in my parents'' garage or attic now.

Later, about the time I was nearly too old for dolls, I got a preemie and my parents got me a crimp and curl one..I think it was a horse though...is that possible? Don''t remember the names of either of those, though I think the preemie''s name was something completely weird. - OH! but I do remember the name of my Popple! It was Pancake. On Xmas morning, my dad said ''Guess what his name is - it''s your favorite food!'' and I looked up at him and said ''Mashed Potatoes?'' I guess this was coming from the same girl who, when my dad said I could name his airplane, wanted to call it Lala Orange (Rainbow Brite) - Dad and I compromised, since the airplane had a blue stripe, it was called Buddy Blue. Was anyone else into Rainbow Brite? Watching those movies now is a complete trip.
I heart Rainbow Brite!

I bribed my little brother and he told me where the Rainbow Brite doll was hidden. I would sneak and look at the doll everyday for over a month. I practically memorized the box! It was hard to act surprised when I opened the present for my birthday.....

luvinlife

Shiny_Rock
OMG, the incredible power of the mind.....My was named Claudia Lynette. She still lives at my mom house!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 6:29:31 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 12/12/2008 6:24:03 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Ophelia ??? ---> Changed to Lisa Ann. Why?!!

Marilyn Stella

Hugo Francis

I still have all three. Is something wrong with me?
25.gif

No! I have mine, all my old Barbies, doll house, etc...I think it is normal to hang on to things that meant a lot to you as a child.
Thanks Tacori -- You''re right! I remember several years ago that my parents wanted to get rid of some "junk" around the house ... they qualified my Barbie bus as "junk" and I thought that they were crazy. I stole it and stashed it ... those memories are golden. You can''t throw them out. The barbies, however, maybe - they could be used as evidence against me given that their hair is chopped off and dyed with nail polish. Some are even missing limbs. I don''t think that I was a disturbed child - yet, the evidence speaks for itself.
25.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was Henrietta Beatrica, I hated the name and my mom said I could just call her Beatrice as a nick name. i was so jealous of everyone with pretty names!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered the name of my Preemie - Cleo Gillian. She was so cute - one little blonde tuft of hair.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread - there were a lot of really fun names. I''ve added Roxanne and Colette to my real baby names list.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was Miles Xavier. I want a girl but they were a hot commodity so I had to settle!

My sister and I both got them the same year for Christmas. We did a whole photo shoot with them. My mom was so PISSED when she got a roll of film developed only to find our Cabbage Patch kids doing handstands on the radiator!
31.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Haha. Mine was Elisa Aliana. When I "adopted" her, I had her name changed to Tiffany and my middle name my last name. Hahaha. I was so excited when that form came in the mail that the "adoption" was complete.

That was the best Christmas. I still remember my little 6 year old self running around like mad, making everyone "meet" my child. It was great. I still love that little doll. She''s dirty and tattered, but oh the memories she carries. She was one of the cornsilk dolls, and I''d braid her hair over and over. My mom brought her to me one weekend in college when I was heart broken. I took her back home, but it was good to have her around again, even if I hid her so I wouldn''t get teased.
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 4:36:44 PM
Author: vespergirl
Roxanne Tansy. I can''t believe I remembered that! She had red braids and blue eyes, and I loved her :)
Tansy. I like that. Paul would never go for it, but that''s cute. Spunky, but cute.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 12:23:39 AM
Author: GoingCrazy
OMG I think my sister owned stock in them when we were kids. SERIOUSLY. She had SEVERAL.
I think I had 2. Can''t remember their names to save my life though.

Just a little bit of useless trivia for you on how they get their names.

My friend in school went to the plant in Georgia where were made and the tour groups get to pick out the names. Apparentley it''s set up like a delivery room or something and at the end the groups make up the names.

( or at least this is what she told me...she did have pics)
2.gif

Babyland!! Yes, Paul took me there when were dating, when I mentioned Tiffany and the times we shared when I was little. They do have "birthings" (the baby doll pops out of a cabbage head. would have terrified me as a child!!). Very fun experience, though. You can buy the "originals for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. These have a soft head, not the plastic heads. Personally, I like the plastic heads better, though.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 4:18:38 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Okay, so I bought a CPK last night. Yes, yes, I'm a loser.
1.gif
I brought it home, and DH was like, 'Why did you buy that?' It was the 25th anniversary one and I was like, future kids? No? Okay, um, collector's item?

So her name is Roma something, and she's got blonde curly yarn hair and green eyes, smells like baby powder (totally forgot about that) and came with a 'silver' spoon! All the preemies were on clearance- the 25th anniversary ones.
Amber, that's too funny. My dad got me a Cabbage Patch Kid for my 27th birthday (the last birthday I had before getting married, thus making it my last birthday as a "little girl" in my daddy's eyes. Anyway, I cried and cried because I know he remembers all the times I had with my own beloved Tiffany. The new doll is still in the box, just waiting to have a little one to love her. It will be her (I don't think Paul will let me give a girl doll to a boy, but I may sneak it in, anyway) first toy from her grandpa some day!

I was also tempted to purchase one of the 25 anniversary ones. And I may yet! Not a loser, not at all. Just remembering the good ol' days (and hoping for the good days to come). I'm on that road with you, girl!!
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. blast from the past! i kept the name that my Cabbage Patch Doll came with and it was horrible - i think you could send away to change it but i never did. It was Fairleigh Gilberta - seriously. i loved that silly doll - she had a strange color hair - not quite blonde/almost gold and blue eyes.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Love the names!

Mine was Gabrielle Rose. My brother''s was Herbert Robert. I think they''re both still at my mom''s house.

I was also a big fan of Rainbow Brite, Pound Puppies, Popples, Gem... anyone remember Huggabunch dolls?

I had a Baby Alive that I LOVED. Until I ran out of food packets, and decided to feed her real food.... well, lemme just say I was HORRIFIED when I went one day to get my Baby Alive from the playroom, and there were maggots crawling outta her mouth! UGH! My mom almost killed me, I think! LOL

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah..the 80''s! I still have all mine..2 preemies, Bret Michael and Corrine Dolly. And one baby, Dillon Ryan. Corrine and Dillon are in my 5 year old''s room, and Bret is in a cabinet I had my husband make for me for my "special" things. Bret was my first CPK..mom got him for me when they first came out and I still adore him!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results