shape
carat
color
clarity

What were your Cabbage Patch Kids'' names?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Mine was Ian Nathaniel. My aunt bought a boy doll for me before I was born because she was soooo sure I''d be a boy! He was bald and only had 2 little teeth... definitely not the cutest lol.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Shhh, don''t tell anyone, but I still have both of mine. I can only remember the girl''s name - Francoise Ulrica (horrendous name, but I didn''t want to change it). She has brown hair and brown eyes. The boy is bald with blue eyes, but for the life of me I can''t remember his name. I think it was something equally awful like Elmo. OMG, seriously LMAO at this thread
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!

James Patrick and Tyler David

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I always wanted one and never got one
7.gif
, I did have a My Child that I loved but it is not the same.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks LA and Snlee. Truth be told she loves the doll stroller MUCH more than the actually doll. But she will throw the CPK into the stroller and wheel her around. It''s pretty funny.

April20

Ideal_Rock
My cousin and I were just discussing this a couple of weekends ago. I can''t remember the name of mine, but we clearly remember her''s being Heddie Freddie. We still giggle over that one.

When I got my first cabbage patch, they had JUST come out. My mom was able to get me one because she was a buyer for a company that carried them. We got told not to leave it in the car because it might get stolen! Craziness!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Love this - mine was Libby Shannon.
5.gif
And my mom literally had to wrestle the poor girl out of some woman's arms at our local department store! It was truly pandamoniom that day!

I still have her (sitting on a shelf in my old bedroom at my parent's house).

ETA - OMG - I almost forgot I had two - I don't remember the second one's name, but she talked and had silky hair (not the yarn hair like my first one). The best thing about this one was that my sister also got a talking one, and the two dolls could talk to each other when placed next to one another! They also came with a little sippy cup and if you put the cups to their mouths, they moved their mouth and made little slurping noises!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
BB: Cornsilk Cabbages! That''s what the silky hair ones were called. I had one too, with auburn hair. I think her name was Sarah?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t even want one (I wasn''t into dolls), but my Mom insisted that I just HAD to have one!
20.gif

Her name was Gwendolyn, and she had dark brown hair.
16.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, I L-O-V-E-D my Cabbage Patch Kids:

Daria (blond preemie, blue eyes)
Wendy Alexandra (light brown-haired Crimp ''n'' Curl, brown eyes)
Allison Deirdre (red hair, green eyes)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I was a Cabbage Patch doll fanatic!! My identical twin sister and I asked for one every year from Santa until we were 12! I know that is a bit embarrassing, and I still have every single one. I can''t remember all of their names but the one I loved the most and took EVERYWHERE with me was a Crimp and Curl by the name of Leece. She has a very dirty face and I am not even sure that her hair cold hold a curl anymore, but she experienced childhood with me and has the marks to prove it. I was just telling FI the other day that he has known me for almost 9 years and hasn''t seen my CPK, he has to meet her hahaha I will have to take her out of storage to show him my embarrassingly large collection.
9.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Maxine June!!! I just loved her to death. I also had a My Child named Emily. My two bestest friends in the world at that stage. Ooops, besides Martin and Felix who were our imaginery friends (my sister and I). We used to cry at the drop of a hat at the dinner table sometimes. It would take Mum and Dad a while to get the reason out of us - You are sitting on Martin or Felix!! Wahhh!!!
1.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
How about a Show Me the Cabbage Patch Kid revival?! I would have to hunt through many boxes to find mine
39.gif

sugary

Rough_Rock
Boo Hoo! I never had one! Always wanted one! I gave one as a prsent to a little girl whose family we adopted one Christmas, because her daddy diied a few months earlier! When I said that I didn''t have one, she said that maybe I wasn''t nice that year and that Santa knows. I didn''t say anything, but I think she knew she hurt my feelings so she ran into her room and gave me this little ratty stuffed kitten and said" Maybe Santa only gives the Cabbage Patch dolls to girls without daddies." I still have that ratty little stuffed kitty! (Best present I ever got!)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just smelled DD''s CPK and it totally smells like baby powder. So they still make them the same. How funny!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
danielle.

and i totally had a smurfs big wheels thing, amberwaves!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I bought a CPK last night. Yes, yes, I''m a loser.
1.gif
I brought it home, and DH was like, "Why did you buy that?" It was the 25th anniversary one and I was like, future kids? No? Okay, um, collector''s item?

So her name is Roma something, and she''s got blonde curly yarn hair and green eyes, smells like baby powder (totally forgot about that) and came with a "silver" spoon! All the preemies were on clearance- the 25th anniversary ones.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 4:18:38 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Okay, so I bought a CPK last night. Yes, yes, I''m a loser.
1.gif
I brought it home, and DH was like, ''Why did you buy that?'' It was the 25th anniversary one and I was like, future kids? No? Okay, um, collector''s item?

So her name is Roma something, and she''s got blonde curly yarn hair and green eyes, smells like baby powder (totally forgot about that) and came with a ''silver'' spoon! All the preemies were on clearance- the 25th anniversary ones.
Where was that?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
In the Target in Culver City- I assume you''re in LA?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazon has a dark brown hair CBK for $9.99.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Ophelia ??? ---> Changed to Lisa Ann. Why?!!
Marilyn Stella
Hugo Francis

I still have all three. Is something wrong with me?
25.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 6:24:03 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Ophelia ??? ---> Changed to Lisa Ann. Why?!!

Marilyn Stella

Hugo Francis

I still have all three. Is something wrong with me?
25.gif

No! I have mine, all my old Barbies, doll house, etc...I think it is normal to hang on to things that meant a lot to you as a child.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mine was named Nicole Slaw.

I think someone was trying to play a joke on mine. I didn''t realize no one else''s dolls weren''t punny like mine...
40.gif
1.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I had four! A preemie, a boy, a red-haired girl, and a dark-haired girl. The names were strange but I only remember Bud Fletcher! My little boy in a sailor suit!

Those were the days!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 10:36:14 PM
Author: sunkist
Mine was named Nicole Slaw.

I think someone was trying to play a joke on mine. I didn''t realize no one else''s dolls weren''t punny like mine...
40.gif
1.gif

Is it wrong that I think that''s kind of sad? I saw some yesterday named Dolita Mikole and Chardra Renee. CHARDRA? I picked "Roma" yesterday because it was the least
23.gif
of the names.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was Aurora something or the other

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I loved my CPK (& I didn''t really like dolls much at all)....mine was Emma Marie (I love the name - I always wanted my middle name to be Marie but it would have sounded really funny with my first name and maiden name - my sister got it instead & it works with her name
3.gif
)....she had blonde curly hair....

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
How do y''all remember the names?!?!!

I had two - and I think my mom got them for me when I was youuuung (whenever the crazy year was...) - she was at the store and she had a split second grab me one, but she wasn''t sure if my eyes were going to go green or brown (they were really hazel when I was itty bitty) so she got one with brown hair, green eyes and another one with brown hair, brown eyes. If I remember right, they even had the same outfit. To be really honest, I wasn''t really that attached to them, but I think they''re somewhere in my parents'' garage or attic now.

Later, about the time I was nearly too old for dolls, I got a preemie and my parents got me a crimp and curl one..I think it was a horse though...is that possible? Don''t remember the names of either of those, though I think the preemie''s name was something completely weird. - OH! but I do remember the name of my Popple! It was Pancake. On Xmas morning, my dad said "Guess what his name is - it''s your favorite food!" and I looked up at him and said "Mashed Potatoes?" I guess this was coming from the same girl who, when my dad said I could name his airplane, wanted to call it Lala Orange (Rainbow Brite) - Dad and I compromised, since the airplane had a blue stripe, it was called Buddy Blue. Was anyone else into Rainbow Brite? Watching those movies now is a complete trip.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I just remebered my sister had one named Gerald Gerald.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter had a few, but the most loved one was renamed Claire. Claire 1 met a sad fate...the older brother put her in the toilet! So I went and bought Claire 2 and did a switch! I think she figured it out, but I just couldn''t see keeping a bean bag baby who had taken a swim in the potty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results