shape
carat
color
clarity

What traditions are you NOT doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I love how many aren''t having the bouquet/garter toss. When I was single I HATED that! "Get out there! YOU''RE single!" As if I wanted THAT rubbed in my face!
29.gif
I always found it humiliating. I will not inflict that on my single guests. At least that''s how I feel...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm let''s see..... My DF just pointed out that we are being VERY traditional compared with what he thought we''d be doing.

No religion invloved in the ceremony, and we had a friend become a notary to marry us.

We are doing all the walking down the aisle stuff. My mom will be walking me since my dad unfortunately passed away recently. She won''t be "giving me away" though. The only reason I want to have an aisle at all is because we included all the children in our families to be junior attendants, flower girls, and ring bearers, and I want to watch them do their thing.
1.gif
I haven''t decided on the ceremony music yet, but I don''t want it too traditional. We also won''t do unity candles or sand mixing or anything like that. We''re keeping the actual wedding SHORT!

No father/daughter dance (
39.gif
) and no mother/son dance. We may not do a first dance either because we both feel weird about being on display like that.

NO garter toss or dollar dance. Maybe no bouquet toss either, although I haven''t completely decided on that yet. I''ll have a LOT of young girls there and they may like trying to catch it.

No big speeches, except maybe the best man who says he''s going to "roast me." I guess we''ll see:)

Absolutely no recieving line. does anyone really like those?

Don''t know if we''ll cut a cake or not, since we''ll be doing cupcakes instead.

No big send off at the end of the night. We''ll have an afterparty instead since the wedding and reception will only be three and a half hours total (on a dinner cruise).

We''ll most likely see each other before the wedding, although he seems to want to keep tradition on that one.

No immediate honeymoon- not a good time of year for us to take off.

Probably no favors or big centerpieces.

Probably no champagne toast. We''re not fancy. My mom is getting us etched pilsner glasses to drink our beer with.

Probably no "head table." We''d have to split up families to keep the whole bridal party together, and that''s something I''ve always hated about other weddings I''ve been in. I didn''t want to sit with a bunch of girls I barely knew, I wanted to sit with my fiance!

We''re doing our bachelor/bachelorette parties together at a really great beer place. My fiance has a strange lack of interest in strip clubs, but it works for me:)

That''s all I can think of now. Everything else will be pretty normal.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I can think of right now that we will not be doing is the honeymoon right after. My work won''t let me take a lot of time off and since I''d like to have a couple of days off before the wedding (and I normally work on Saturdays so that''s another day I''ll have to "take off"), we''ll just be going away for the first half of the week and then having our honeymoon in November over Thanksgiving. that''s the plan anyway.

And I think it''s so funny that everyone is opting out of the garter toss!
I understand why a lot of you feel that way but my fiance and I are so looking forward to it.
One of the biggest reasons is that his mother hates it when we even hold hands in front of her... forget kissing or hugging.

We (and all of his friends
20.gif
) can''t wait to see her face when he goes for my garter! lol. he said he may even stay under there just a second longer.

And we''re very private people... go figure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results