shape
carat
color
clarity

What sort of work do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 10:04:07 PM
Author: Amethyste
I do 3 things:

I am in the Insurance - I am an Underwriter assistant ( would like to be an Underwriter one day )

I am also a nail technician in the evening and in the weekend.

finally, I am also a vocalist - I record vocals for film, video games and solo artist :) That' what I
30.gif
to do :)

I would really love for you to come and visit me :)
Hi Amethyste - LOVE your voice.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I teach 8th grade English and Reading. There are rarely dull moments (frightening maybe, but not dull).

I have a question for all you buyers if you don''t mind my asking. What sort of degree/credentials must you have to get that sort of a job? Business? Fashion? It sounds pretty fantastic.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I am a radiologic technologist -aka - xray tech.....working for an orthopedic and urgent care clinic, which I absolutely love!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a real estate appraiser. I like it because it''s interesting and very relevant (knowing about real estate is NEVER a bad thing! and never goes wasted, either). But it can be a bit draining because I''m required to work in a rather... antagonistic fashion sometimes when there are disagreements pertaining to a property''s value.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 10:04:07 PM
Author: Amethyste
I do 3 things:

I am in the Insurance - I am an Underwriter assistant ( would like to be an Underwriter one day )

I am also a nail technician in the evening and in the weekend.

finally, I am also a vocalist - I record vocals for film, video games and solo artist :) That'' what I
30.gif
to do :)

I would really love for you to come and visit me :)

I have heard your voice, one word - ethereal. very lovely

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
What an interesting group!I have worked in jewelry retail my whole professional life.I have worked as a sales associate,manager,buyer and trainer.My favorite jobs was identifying and selling antique jewelry for a department store jewelry salon and as a personal jewelry shopper and consultant.I recently graduated with a BS in speech communication and a minor in business.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Most of my life I have taught music to middle school, high school and college aged people (percussion mostly), but a couple of years ago I got into special needs education as well. Now I''m in the process of signing a contract to teach music at a special needs school, so I get the best of both!
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a vet student and have also worked as a vet nurse in a clinic for the past four years-full time for two years and part time for the other two.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Work? Work is overated..why work? LOL
I have a Psychology degree, but have done nothing with it..Hmmmm
I sell skincare/Spa products, anti-aging products on a part time basis.
I contemplated working for my husband, then laughed, and shrugged that off quickly
I enjoy raising the kids, working out every moring, just relaxing in the sun, then spending winters driving from one hockey arean to another every night/every weekend!
Maybe when the kids are NOT so dependant on me, I will go back to work, For now..I am LOVING being retired! (and thankful that I am fortunate enough to have a partner who makes more than enough to take care of our family, and that I don''t have that pressure to be employed)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a petty bureaucrat.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a business owner. I love it although it''s hectic sometimes. I definitely wouldn''t trade it to go back to the corporate world, that''s for sure. I love working for myself.

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
I do recall a similar thread a little while back..

I am a stylist. I''m in my 3rd year of my bachelor of design (styling & Creative Direction major).
I assist a freelance stylist on various jobs for Australian Vogue and other publications.
I do smaller scale jobs independently (local mags)...

I love it. The industry (and people) can be a bit impossible sometimes... but I love it. It''s my passion.
9.gif
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/25/2008 4:30:29 PM
Author: wishful
I am a buyer for an equestrian retail store. I purchase all the clothing...both for the rider's competition and for everyday riding. Boots, helmets, breeches, hunt coats - all of that.

It's really fun! I basically get to shop for a living!!!
9.gif
Wishful, you have my dream job!!! I'm soooo jealous!!!
23.gif

I'm a certified paralegal and I work for a small law firm (only five attorneys). I mainly work with the attorney in our firm who does civil litigation, criminal law and family law. (I also do a little bankruptcy work for one of the other attorneys.) I've been there for almost nine years, so I guess I must like it! LOL!
9.gif

I also teach horseback riding lessons part-time, just because I love it.
21.gif

ETA: Wishful, do you mind if I ask which retailer you work for? I've probably bought something that you bought for me to buy! LOL!
2.gif

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
I''m actually finishing up my PhD in aerospace engineering, hopefully by May 09. Just one year left!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 12:20:14 PM
Author: dockman3
I''m actually finishing up my PhD in aerospace engineering, hopefully by May 09. Just one year left!
HI:

A rocket scientist--I love it!!
36.gif

Madam Bijoux/Gabrielle--you are halir!!!

cheers--Sharon

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am a researcher in human genetics and medicine. I spend all day tweaking with my hypothesis, writing papers and grants, and pray so that people like Clio gill grant me research funding to do more research.
4.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a software designer, working on medical software...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - I''m so encouraged that so many people here love their profession/industry so much. That''s very inspiring
9.gif

I''m a PhD student working on my PhD in Immunology. I hope to finish up in less than a year from now, but that all depends on my thesis committee
20.gif

I don''t love bench work science (kind of hate it actually), and am looking at careers that would combine my interest and expertise in science with another area, such as business - I''m very interested in the process of getting innovative technologies and discoveries from the lab bench to the market/clinic.

I''m applying for management consulting positions for after I finish my PhD, because I think it sounds like a ton of fun - new, interesting problems to solve all the time
36.gif
AND because its a good link between the science background I already have and the business end of things I''d like to end up in
1.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm in middle management hell.
11.gif

Accounting is the nature of what I do; currently the Business Manager of a franchised auto dealership.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I''m a very happily retired secondary school teacher who "taught" senior English and French for 19 years.
1.gif

The senior classes were exhilarating as the students I had were academically inclined and very motivated.
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a teacher and I work with the little kids.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m really a Textile/Jewellery Designer - or at least that is what my qualifications and training are in.

But, I work in politics - running fundraising and events for a major party in the UK, plus I''m an elected representative for my local area of London.

Three great loves of my life? FI, Gemmology, Politics...
9.gif

Now how do I combine all three?????

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I work as a program director for a local branch of a nation-wide nonprofit in the health and human services field. I really love it!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an IT Consultant/Software Developer. For the techies out there... I develop B2B and corporate intranet web apps using Microsoft technologies (mostly asp.net).

Funny thing though is that I love fashion, interior design and jewelry. I actually started making my own gemstone bead jewelry this year to satisfy my creative side. Wish I could do it for a living!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 8:47:23 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 6/25/2008 4:30:29 PM
Author: wishful
I am a buyer for an equestrian retail store. I purchase all the clothing...both for the rider''s competition and for everyday riding. Boots, helmets, breeches, hunt coats - all of that.

It''s really fun! I basically get to shop for a living!!!
9.gif
Wishful, you have my dream job!!! I''m soooo jealous!!!
23.gif

I''m a certified paralegal and I work for a small law firm (only five attorneys). I mainly work with the attorney in our firm who does civil litigation, criminal law and family law. (I also do a little bankruptcy work for one of the other attorneys.) I''ve been there for almost nine years, so I guess I must like it! LOL!
9.gif

I also teach horseback riding lessons part-time, just because I love it.
21.gif

ETA: Wishful, do you mind if I ask which retailer you work for? I''ve probably bought something that you bought for me to buy! LOL!
2.gif
Irishgrrrl - I work for Mary''s Tack and Feed (been there for 12 yrs)- located in Del Mar. Do you live in Southern Cal?
I teach lessons too!!! On the side for fun. (well for money..
31.gif
but as an extra job)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 5:53:24 PM
Author: Clio
I used to be a college professor, but now I''m a program officer in a small federal grantmaking agency. Basically, I work with applicants and help them get grants, then I oversee them once they get funded.
Clio, can you teach me the tricks to the grant application process?

I am currently finishing up a Ph.D. in demography. I study marriage, retirement, and emotional well-being.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I work in HR full-time, have a BA in Business and currently studying for my MSC in HRM part-time.

Not enuff hours in the day sadly.

thismuchistrue[1].gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 6:03:39 PM
Author: littlelysser
I was a lawyer until six months ago! I loved law school and did quite well...however...practicing stunk...so here I am...

Maybe jewelry designer? who knows!!!
Attorneys have such a high turnover rate - as a law student I am curious what exactly "stunk" about practicing?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
come to PS and give the ladies a bad time.
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I''m a doctor, doing my residency right now

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results