shape
carat
color
clarity

What projects have you completed in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And unset gems purchased in ''09:

Gene purple spinel
Gene yellow zircon
Barry Afghan tourmaline plus Barry aqua
Lisa Elser topaz
Barry blue tourmaline

The 3 barry gems are waiting with Julia to be set, and I would like to set the purple spinel for sure.
The other 2 I''ll likely keep loose..

Sorry, was being too slack to look up specs
41.gif

2009 gems AJ.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 9:15:25 PM
Author: arjunajane
And of course, my fave of the bunch (well, for now
2.gif
) :

Jeff White 2.02ct blue sapphire in custom platinum & diamond (0.28cts) setting by Brian Gavin:

Wow ! like your sapphire blue...

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Other then my above star-sapphire I have my concave-peridot and have 3 more resets coming up! Its a '2-in-1' pair of earrings (simply shouldering a pair of teeny-weeny diamond studs to another pair of split-loop earring). 2nd on the list, Diamond solitaire to LOGR setting and lastly, a round red-spinel to take over the 4 prongs solitaire setting. BTW Has anyone seen a round color stone in solitaire setting? will certainly post some photos when they are ready!

Photo0561#11.jpg

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
sorry some error.. here it is my concave peridot

concaveper.jpg

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 9:25:00 PM
Author: packrat
hmph..I got nuthin. Well, I got a stone and got it sent to be set..does that count?

Considering that your hunt was a major project of its own, I think it should be!

I got a topaz stacker set from OneGarnetGirl done in Feb and finally got my sister''s PG tourmaline, which, though its not done, the shipping of was such an undertaking that I think it should count for something. And by the end of the year, I may have a thing or two in hand from Dana...
31.gif

I also got my grandmother''s heirloom ruby 6-stone band reshanked, which I don''t think I''ve ever photographed, but clearly should!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved reading your finished projects and what you plan on doing. I had only one loose gem mounted this year - a PC tsavorite that the jeweler broke when mounting it so I took my money and ran.

Projects on my mind - EC tanzanite ring, pad sapphire ring, tsavorite ring and some day hopefully a paraiba tourmaline ring. Of course I am easily distacted by sparkly things.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my favorite ones:

A 2.3 ct Russian demantoid pendant in a halo setting (stone bought at Tucson gem show)
A 2.6 ct Brazilian alexandrite ring; beautiful stone with strong color shift; it is diffucult to buy alexandrites online: i bought it from a local vendor.
A 4+ ct spessartite-in-mother- of-pearl pendant; stone obtained from Pala.
A similar ring is on the way.

I shall post my jewelry as soon as I learn to take better pictures following the instructions that you have so kindly posted two days ago.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Completed projects:

Richard Homer flat faceted sapphire in JM setting (ring)
Malaya garnet from Gene set in a BGD David Yurman inspired setting (ring)
spessartite from Richard Wise set by Richard Wise (ring)
spessartite from Jeff White set in a pendant by BGD
big amethyst from Diamond Expert set in a pendant by an artist/jeweler
Mahenge spinel from Swala set in a ring by an artist/jeweler

Loose stones:

5.04 tsavorite from Gene being set by artist/jeweler and hopefully completed in Jan.
small tsavorite, yellow grossularite garnet and tanzanite from Gene to be set by JKT in a three stone pendant in January (supposedly)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
lauren, i wish i had an EC sapphire laying around :) it is beautiful!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Completed Projects

1- Diamond and ruby scatter band- recycle project
2- reset 1 ct ruby into halo from martini setting
3- Halo 8 ct ruby ring
4- Set 1 ct purple/pink spinel from Rick into LOGR
5- Set 3 ct Aqua into LOGR - not in love with this setting or stone right now though...hmmmm
6- Moon and Sun key from JKT - this is almost done so I''m putting it under completed
7- Upgraded my .76 centerstone of my ering to 2.04 centersone
8- 1 ct pink/light lavendar halo pendent from whiteflash
9- 6 ctw citrine into earings

Loose Stones to be set
Asscher and round cut sapphires from Dan Stair
Asscher and Cushion cut tourmalines from Jeff White
Roval deep blue/purple spinel from Dana

My mind is not working right now but I have a few other things to add to both lists....it has been a busy year!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 8:57:27 PM
Author: arjunajane
Than my Sally HOW pillbox with yellow beryl from Barry :
This is very cool and I don''t remember seeing a thread on it. Maybe I''m just forgetful in my old age! Does it get worn at all now that you have the perfect Sapphire?
21.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This year, I got several loose stones, but set very few of them.

I am really fond of this ring: 11 ct grey moonstone set in a copper bezel on a silver ring. Its is not fine jewelry, but fun!

ldps_moonring2.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Handshot!

Who knew I would ever wear such a huge ring on my finger?

ldps_moonring3.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My list:
Padparadscha sapphire from NSC in a wg Sally lotus ring
Blue sapphire from MichE bezel-set silver thumb ring
Malaya color change garnet bezel set in a silver ring
Barry Tsavorite in a two-tone Sally lotus ring
Gene Tanzanite in a Sally rose gold Mistral pendant
Pink tourmaline and diamonds cocktail ring

Miscellaneous:
Blue tourmaline from Mich E still to be set
Mokume wedding bands
Vintage emerald cut diamond in an illusion setting
White flash diamond flower pendant

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I realized that I haven''t completed very many projects this year. I''m coming up on my 1-year anniversary on Pricescope, and I didn''t get my first precision cut gem until May, so all 10 stones pictured here were acquired since then. I''m not good at throwing projects together, and I like to take my time making decisions (which drives my jeweler bonkers), so as you can see, I''ve only managed to finish setting 3 stones. While I''m still crazy, head-over-heels in love with colored stones, I''m learning to be more discerning and critical - I''d rather have just a few high-quality gems than a boxful of almost-great stones that I later want to unload. That''s my goal anyway, for 2010.

IMG_7928.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And while I''ve bought other ready-made jewelry pieces this year, I think there''s only one other real project I''ve done, and it wasn''t very extensive. I bought a gems-by-the-yard necklace at Intergem this year, and had some flower earrings (that I no longer wear) fitted with bales to wear with it. I''m pretty pleased wth how it turned out, and I actually wear it quite a bit.

IMG_7937.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results