shape
carat
color
clarity

What on earth do I have?? Princess, Radiant, Jubilee??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kelly2005

Rough_Rock
I am curious as to what stone I have? Crazy, I know!!

The GIA cert says it is a Modified Rectangular Brilliant (i think - at work and can''t be 100% sure) and the edges are rounded. We thought we bought a Radiant, but the more I read about teh cracked ice look, the less mine seems like a radiant. And it does not look like a princess either - the lines aren''t that crisp. It actually looks a lot the way that rounds do - but would a jubilee be called "Modified Rectangular Brilliant" on a cert?? Any thoughts?? Thanks!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would bet on a radiant with rounded corners.. some would call that a cushion, some not. It is what it is. Many cushions are cut in a similar way to radiants anyway (a barion style pavilion and who-knows-what on the crown).

The Jubilee is branded and I don''t think there are many of them yet for some to get lost in the pile. The arrow pattern should be recognizable too.

Any chance we may get to see the source of the puzzle? It sounds like a ''fancy charmer cut''
9.gif

kelly2005

Rough_Rock
I hope this attached correctly - it had to be compressed or something like that. I suppose it probably is a radiant - but it''s certainly a more organized one - there is a facet pattern. I love it whatever it is, but all this PS info made me curious.

Engagement 020.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!
9.gif

The facet pattern is not very visible, but I wonder if the diamond doesn't look like a more squareish version of this:

cushionplotpic8%20copy.jpg

The picture comes from this thread

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahhh..whatever it may be...it is very nice! do you have more pics?

kelly2005

Rough_Rock
Sadly, I do not have more photos of it. But that facet pattern does look like it but more square. Ok, so the consensus seems to think it''s a radiant, right?? Then I will just continue calling it that! ;-) Maybe not all radiants are cracked ice??

kelly2005

Rough_Rock
I meant to say that the facets look like the picture posted by valeria101 - though the top is a more square shaped surface.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it could very well be a radiant, and no, not all of them have the total ''cracked ice'' look at all.
wear it in good health
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks kind of cushiony to me there but then again i think that the shape has alot to do with how ''eyes'' perceive it..

it looks lovely, regardless of the name!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! I am curious to know what it is also.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results