shape
carat
color
clarity

What Kind of Ring are You Getting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, i keep forgetting what everyone is getting as an e-ring?

there''s a few i''m keeping an eye out for either coz

a) the style is of interest to me and i wanna look out for it on SMTB(R)

or

b) the poster is so unbelievably excited that i''ve also caught the bug!

Please post here if you''ve made a final decision on the ring, and if you have any vendor pics etc even better!

3.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1ct diamond (ideal cut, F, SI2 eye-clean) I''d like to re-set into the semi-bezel platinum setting from WF. (the pic shows a .76 ct so it would just be slightly bigger and the shank would be a little wider)

Half Bezel .76ct.jpg

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
My ring (on my boyfriend''s hand)!!

Center Stone - 1.18, F, VS1

TonyHand.jpg

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
This is what the ring looks like from the side..

under6490.jpg

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea for a thread!

My wonderful BF got me a 1.23 H VS2 H&A diamond from Good Old Gold. It''s set in their Tiffany replica ring. I have two photos here. I''m hoping to get it sometime in mid-May.
1.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
great choices ladies!!

36.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
oh lovely kitty!

do you think you could put a pic in this thread directly?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
or this one... torn!

Brian-_Gavin_Half_Bezel4.jpg

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
We are purchasing this setting Saturday
face4.gif
I am hoping to find a great chunky cushion to put in the setting! This is the stock photo but n 2-3wks when its finished I''ll post real pics!

DIANA_N147E.jpg

What is your future ering??

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
No pictures yet since we haven''t purchased the ring, but I am definitely going to be getting a BGD Truth Solitaire in YG with a platinum head. I will also be purchasing one of BGD''s Signature H&A, probably around 0.75-0.90 carat. BF also wants to have BGD set a surprise citrine and a surprise aquamarine on the inside of the band since those are our birthstones. Here is a pic of Ballerina''s gorgeous truth solitaire. I love her thread because she has about the same size diamond I will be getting, so it gives me a much better idea of what mine will look like. Link to Ballerina''s e-ring thread

Ballerina8261.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
center stone 1.007 ct G VS2 AGS 000 H&A
setting: Tacori 2561

It''s being made right now. It will takes 4 weeks.

paveprincess... I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! BLING BLING!!!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh sure
Date: 4/22/2010 1:26:38 PM
Author: luckynumber
oh lovely kitty!

do you think you could put a pic in this thread directly?
Oh sure thing!

Here''s one.

KGL GOG Tiffany 6 prong.JPG

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason, I can''t upload the other.
8.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
thanks kitty, i like to scroll down and see all the bling in one go!!!
9.gif

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 1:38:20 PM
Author: beezygal
center stone 1.007 ct G VS2 AGS 000 H&A

setting: Tacori 2561

It''s being made right now. It will takes 4 weeks.

paveprincess... I LOVE YOUR RING!!!! BLING BLING!!!

Thank you Beezygal! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL and so sparkly too!! I swooned over Tacori for a while, but my boyfriend gave me too much time and I ended up just designing my own ring..
9.gif
I''ve always had rhinestones on everything (clothes, shoes, accessories) so my boyfriend agreed that it was only fitting that I had a ring that sparkles from all angles!

One more pic.. I can''t help it!

Pertiful.jpg

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
HappyNewLife - I like both.. but the second one just seems to POP. Gorgeous.. By the way - I''m still obsessing over that ring you bought your soon to be fiance..
30.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
happy, i like the second one more too!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mine is in my avatar but not very clear so I''ll add another picture. Hard to belive the avatar picture was taken over a year ago now and I''m still ringless....

It''s 0.73 Pear, M colour, SI1 and 0.18ct each I colour SI1 oval sides.

Please forgive my piss poor photography skills.

peachypearperfumebox2.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gosh 4ever. why have you guys have the ring so long and it''s not on your finger yet? it''s beautiful!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2010 5:44:23 PM
Author: HappyNewLife
gosh 4ever. why have you guys have the ring so long and it's not on your finger yet? it's beautiful!
Thanks HNL, it's a bit of a long story so I'll give you the short version. We were just looking really when we found it and decided to get it because it was "the one" so it was earlyer then expected, BF had just left his job in the UK and made the move to NZ to live with me, I was a student at the time living with my parents who invited him to stay as long as he liked as he had not yet found a job over here. He arrived right when the recession did so it took him longer then expected to find a job, and then it wasn't as highly paid as expected either so he still couldn't afford for us to get our own place. I've now graduated uni but am having a hard time finding a job. No job = no moving out = no proposal.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
aw man 4ever, i dunno how you find the patience!!

i hear what you''re sayin'' but stilll.....
14.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My ering is currently being made! It''s a three stone with a center sapphire rb and side diamond rb''s.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew what kind of ring I wanted! My SO and I have been looking, and finding "the one" is hard. We know what we don''t want, but we haven''t found what we do want. I need to start an inspiration folder.

So tell me, how did you ladies find "the one" when it came to your ring? Did you start with inspiration pics, did you dream it up, was it a style that already exists? Did you worry about durability when it came to long term wear? Did you worry about costs? Did you put more into the center stone, or the setting? Or rather, did he chose the ring ring without any input?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*hugs* 4ever-- I hope you get your dream job and your ring ASAP

Indy-- i have no idea, I change my mind daily. I changed my last e-ring (now divorced) 3x and still wasn''t happy. It''s probably good that I''m not wearing a ring now, LOL! I''m not sure what the deal is with the semi-bezel, it just sings to me. I love how modern it is. I love how enormously wide the shank is. I love how huge it makes the diamond look. I like how it''s not dainty and weak (like me, hahah) and says "bring it, I can take anything" to me. I also want something that won''t scratch my GF or my kids (i.e. sidestones/pave/prongs) and that I can wear it 24/7 if I wanted because it can handle abuse ;-)

I sound crazy ;-)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, all of your future rings are absolutely gorgeous!

Mine is going to be a Cartier Trinity ring. I know its not very traditional. I started looking for diamond ring ideas on pricescope and I found so many lovely rings! For some reason, none of the rings I tried on in the store really did it for me. I''m in Canada so maybe there is just less selection up here? I wasn''t loving how any of the rings looked on my hand. I''d tried on the trinity ring years ago and loved it. The only issue is that I''m an engineer and in Canada engineers aren''t "supposed" to wear gold rings on their working hand (ie my right hand). I knew I''d be getting an engagement ring and wedding band at some point, so I didn''t think I would get much wear out of a trinity ring.

It was the only ring I tried on that actually made me feel giddy! It was an easy choice once I thought outside of the box a bit.

Oh, and we''re not doing wedding bands (boyfriend wants to wear his wedding band as soon as we''re engaged, so we''re just going to do one ring each).

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
This is my ring!

Indy...I went and tried on rings at my local jewelry store to get an idea of what I liked. I had been admiring 3-stones online because of the finger coverage (I wear a 7.75, so I was going to need quite a large diamond to make the same impact with a solitaire...and I''m just not comfy with that yet!) and tried on this ring and started tearing up. I took that as a good sign.

CallaCutThreeStone.JPG

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I feel very unpricescopey (yes, that is a word now) in my ring tastes, to be honest. Your rings are all absolutely gorgeous! But I have always preferred yellow gold and not-too-large diamonds. Not too much bling. I don''t know why, but I think it has something to do with my grandmother''s and mother''s engagement rings. Both were yellow gold with small center stones and a few tiny sidestones. Maybe I have subconsciously always envisioned something similar for my own ring. Whatever the reason, I am drawn to rings like this one. A little bit more bling than my mom''s, bigger center stone, and the princess cut stones and channel setting make it look a little more modern to me as compared to hers. I love it. I don''t think it is at all pricescopey, but I love it.

blacksandring.jpeg

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Black sand - I think your future ring is beautiful! I have always loved yellow gold as well! Both of my necklaces that I wear everyday are yellow gold.. And I think yellow gold looks amazing, especially in the summer..
2.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Indylady-- for me I went through a process of likes and dislikes to find the right setting. I saw a ring in Littman Jewelers that had a squarish bottom and I tried it on but it was 3 stone and looked ridiculous on my tiny hand. I still like the squared bottom but I also was looking for something more delicate and almost antiquey. It was hard to find the combination and then one day I was scrolling through Since1910.com and the setting popped right out of the page it was like a miracle. Me and my BF knew right away and it had each quality I wanted.

Blacksand--yellow gold is a personal preference, I used to own everything in yellow gold then one day I switched to wg and never went back.. your ring is lovely and I am still used to thinking up jewelry in gold rather than wg.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results