shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of pizza do you like?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a new place that's 100% Italian ... Cooks & waiters hardly speak more French that necessary for the menu....pizza is soo good. Exactly like in Rome. Thin, crispy crust that somehow is deliciously chewy inside.
Perfection!

I do like simple toppings :

burrata & rocket

Parma ham
(Both added after baking)

Pizza Bianca

Or tuna and red onion

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Noooooooooooooo, pleeeezzzze don't. My entire family will spin in their graves at the thought of this abomination :bigsmile:

Lt. Col Andrew Miller.
September 21, 2035.

This will be my final log entry. The victors normally write the history books. I am hoping this somehow survives, even if I don't.

For the past 5 years, The United States military has been fighting an insurgency against what became known as The People's Republic of Pineapple Pizza. We came to refer to them as "PROPP." I think our biggest misstep was not taking them seriously enough at first. We dismissed them as nothing more than a fringe organization.

Their numbers grew. Full of defectors and traitors, people who thought pineapple on pizza was perfectly acceptable. Some even thought it was delicious. We never could understand the enemy. One of our many mistakes.

The fighting started in New York City, the Pizza capital of the world. Also the disarmed capital of the world. It quickly fell. Then Chicago. Then the entire east coast. It burned its way east to west. There were atrocities along the way on both sides. There were no angels on the battlefield. There was, however, a gentleman's agreement never to use nuclear weapons. I'm surprised it stood.

Anyway, it's all over now. The remaining few of us mounted a final stand in Anchorage, Alaska. We could fight to the last, but the war is clearly over. My officers are making contact with the enemy and going over the terms of the surrender. I won't be going with them.

It's over for this old war horse. I'm going to enjoy my last meal with a cigar, cognac, a slice of pepperoni the way God intended...and my pistol. I don't know what this new world will bring, but I won't be a part of it.

End log.

122609_FB_IMG_1525016246432.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm a pretty simple guy when it comes to pizza: usually I'll doctor up a frozen, get a thin crust extra pepperoni from Little Caesars, or a Pizza Hut thin crust with pepperoni, hamburger, and jalapenos and ask for a well done bake. I've had plenty of pizza from many of the beloved home-town joints spanning from New Jersey to Chicago to Texas.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last time I ate pizza it was sauceless. Yes by choice...lol I can have issues with tomato sauces (they sometimes cause me to have hives in my mouth), I tend to be quite careful on how much I have and if its pizza, its sauceless with sauce on the side. I do like sauce though, it just doesn't like me as much.

I'm a crust snob. I don't want big giant Sicilian or Greek type crust and I think part of that has to do with the fact that I really don't like bread much. Super thin crust but not cracker crunchy, but well cooked and not soggy is my preference. There's a few places that can actually do that type of crust, of the few in my area, the one thats really good has roots in NY (which would figure)

Topping wise, I had shitake mushroom, artichoke, turkey italian sausage, goat cheese, basil. it was very good.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Best pizza I ever had was in a cafe outside of Paris.

Top quality ingredients casually thrown together by someone who clearly knew exactly what they were doing. The thing was misshapen, slightly burnt, and absolutely glorious.

If I go to Italy I might never leave.

@missy for someone with your dietary needs, I would do crisp potato latkes topped with eggplant caviar and basil, or maybe mushroom and basil. Not the same but the flavor profile would be fun and yummy.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite is thin and crispy Margarita with double pepperoni on the top so that they are crispy, olives, capers, anchovies, and rocket/arugula.

I would drink buckets as it is rather salty, good job I don't eat it very often.

DK :))

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I want to go to Paris!! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I make my own..I don’t particularly like toppings..Once in a blue moon I’ll add sausage..We mainly like it simple.
E2A26CF1-313D-4CD6-AD54-8DA58241B7D0.jpeg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
After a lifetime of kids' birthday parties and kids' after sports event pizza parties, I would gladly never eat another slice of pizza in my life. Blasphemy, I know.

However, when I did eat pizza, I preferred deep dish over thin or hand tossed crusts. I felt it was less pizza-like and more of a cheesy casserole! Ducks head and hides.....

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I want to go to Paris!! :lol-2:

Same. Growing up as an Army brat overseas, I've been all over Germany, Austria, and even a couple of trips to Venice, but I've never been to Paris. The only place in France that I've been is Strasbourg, but that's got about 99.9% more German influence than it does French. Pizza Hut was a popular place in Munich during the 80s. And the McDonald's there served beer out of the tap.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
This question is bittersweet for me. I love pizza. But cannot have it.
Gluten, dairy, soy, tomatoes-all a no no for me. So I haven't even tried gluten free pizza because what good is pizza without the cheese (cannot do soy cheese), the bread (gluten free isn't the same) or the tomatoes?

But, when I could eat pizza oh I adored pizza with a thin crust (just the right amount doughy and crispy), good amount of cheese and tomato and that was it. The perfect pizza. I am a purist and did not want additional toppings on my pizza, no thanks. Just give it to me straight.

YUmmmmmmm.

pizzany.jpg

yummmgif.gif

When I was able to eat pizza the best pizza I ever had was at Grimaldi's in Brooklyn Heights.
Second best was John's on Bleeker Street in Manhattan.

Yes to John's! When I was pregnant with my son I would walk over there on a break and eat a slice (or three.)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do crisp potato latkes topped with eggplant caviar and basil, or maybe mushroom and basil. Not the same but the flavor profile would be fun and yummy.

This sounds absolutely delicious :kiss2:

April20

Ideal_Rock
I do two pizzas at home that I really like.

One is an olive oil brushed crust topped with quality ricotta, roasted garlic and topped with mozzarella. The second is olive oil brushed crust topped with a layer of carmelized onions and dotted with goat cheese all over.

If we're ordering out, I'm a pepperoni/sausage if it's a "chain" pizza place and a white pizza or whatever spicy meat combo if it's an independent place (we have a ton of independent options).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these delish sounding pizza's are making me hungry! :lol:

I'm not crazy picky when it comes to pizza. Maybe I haven't had the best stuff yet so I live blissfully unaware of the awesomeness that exists out there in the great beyond. I used to love Pizza Hut's deep dish pizza. The crust was perfectly crispy and delicious (literally the only crust I would ever eat). Alas, they closed up shop and abandoned me. :(sad

One of my favorite pizzas right now has cheese, olives, pepperoni, broccoli, and fresh garlic. Yummm...:kiss2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll go with what's available for delivery to my home, since that's what I usually get. I like Pizza Hut pan pizza with mushrooms and black olives.

What do you like?

I'm going to show my age here but as a kid we had the BOOKIT! program - for every 5 books you read, pizza hut gave a free personal pan pizza. my go to was mushrooms and black olives =) i have one of these pins still somewhere i think...

1631821709735.png

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only toppings I do not eat are seafood and hot peppers.

Apart from that, I will eat anything that's even vaguely pizza-like.

I say this as a Brooklyn girl and native New Yorker. They can bury me with a slice in one hand and a knish in the other.

Any other city girls remember when the hot dog guys used to put mustard on with a wand??

*sigh*

@Daisys and Diamonds , I'm mumbling Glory Days now because of my mustard memories lol.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the best pizzas we ever had were the seafood pizzas in the Madeleines Islands in Canada.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in Chicago and my favorite is NY style pizza just like Missys picture! Mmmmmm

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Italian sausage to infinity.

The best pizza I ever ate was from a Domino’s in the UP.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in Chicago and my favorite is NY style pizza just like Missys picture! Mmmmmm

If you ever come to NYC let me know and we will take you out for the best pizza @AprilBaby. Perhaps I am biased but NYC pizza beats all the other pizza. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I make my own..I don’t particularly like toppings..Once in a blue moon I’ll add sausage..We mainly like it simple.
E2A26CF1-313D-4CD6-AD54-8DA58241B7D0.jpeg

That looks really yummy Joanne.:lickout:
When should we come over and what should we bring? :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy for someone with your dietary needs, I would do crisp potato latkes topped with eggplant caviar and basil, or maybe mushroom and basil. Not the same but the flavor profile would be fun and yummy.

That sounds delicious, thank you for the suggestion. I am going to do it and I will let you know how it turns out. Yummy I am sure.:lickout:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks really yummy Joanne.:lickout:
When should we come over and what should we bring? :)

Anytime..past pandemic hell...haha…❤️

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mushrooms and pepperoni on thin crust with extra sauce!

I can also be flexible... sausage (maybe -- I'm kinda picky about my sausage) or canadian bacon, but with light onion, not pineapple. I'd rather slam my left t!t in the car door than have pineapple on pizza!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ham and pineapple pizza is delicious!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I looooove pineapple on pizza!!!

I do as well but I’m allergic.
I lived a a town where the elderly Italian pizza man would put banana on pizza. I thought that sounded the most revolting thing ever…. but is was so yummy.
a friend I met in that town now takes a banana her if she is having a pizza made!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I have a slice of pizza most Friday nights with a man I care for. He has made up his own hot (salami & chilli’s) pizza with extra of garlic & cheese. It is fabulous. You only need to ring the pizza place & say “Could I please or a pizza for ****?” & it turns up. No need to supply an address etc.
I have to admit I don’t like Pizza Hut (or similar), but I have been told they have improved. It would be 30+ years since I have had a pizza from there.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I hate to agree with @Matata on anything, :bigsmile: :P2 the best pizza I ate was in Italy. Siena to be exact. Small family place.

And I don't eat pizza, pasta, chocolate or ice cream. But THAT pizza! That said there is a place in town whose kale pizza (super fine crust, 00 flour) is worth every bite.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

While I hate to agree with @Matata on anything, :bigsmile: :P2 the best pizza I ate was in Italy. Siena to be exact. Small family place.

And I don't eat pizza, pasta, chocolate or ice cream. But THAT pizza! That said there is a place in town whose kale pizza (super fine crust, 00 flour) is worth every bite.

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal You don’t eat pizza, pasta, chocolate or ice cream! :eek2:
I use 00 flour..It gives the best texture..I couldn’t get it at the beginning if the pandemic..I had to use all purpose Heckers flour. We could definitely tell the difference….

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal You don’t eat pizza, pasta, chocolate or ice cream! :eek2:
I use 00 flour..It gives the best texture..I couldn’t get it at the beginning if the pandemic..I had to use all purpose Heckers flour. We could definitely tell the difference….

Well, not much of any of those things. My family thinks I am weird. LOLOL I'll eat gnocchi if I make it from scratch; or if the pasta is handmade, I might have a bit. I cook and bake with butter but don't otherwise eat it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results