shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of guy (or gal) do you go for in the movies or on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in love with TR Knight. Really. I know it will NEVER happen but I can dream, can''t I? We''re a season behind in watching Grey''s Anatomy, so when the 3rd season comes out on DVD on Tuesday, we''re going to try to watch all of the episodes so we can watch the fourth season in when it premieres at the end of the month.

In general, I tend to go more for the cute and cuddly type rather than the "I''m too hot for my own body" characters. I wouldn''t say no to them but if I were to have a real relationship with any of them, I''d opt for the teddy bears. One major exception is Matthew McConaughey.

Others that fall into this category for me:

Scott Foley (from Felicity)
Scott Wolff ("Bailey" from Party of Five)

What about you?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Indiana Jones. *le swoooon*

E B

Ideal_Rock
John Krasinski ("Jim") from The Office. He''s my perfect TV man.
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
John Krasinski. Can't resist him. I worried myself for a little while over that crush!
3.gif
(just kidding!)

I go for the witty, loafish sidekick characters as opposed to the leading men. I like the leading man's best friend
2.gif

ETA: LOL, Ebree! Only 60 seconds apart.

EagainTA: I had a big crush on Topher Grace for awhile at the beginning of college. I went to a taping of That '70s Show, and he was such a butt on-set that it totally turned me off to him
7.gif

Kiefer Sutherland is my out-of-character TV crush. My friend kept telling me that if I watch 24 enough, I'd "get it." I SO didn't until about a season in, then after one specific episode in season 2, I was sold!!
30.gif
31.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 7:36:22 PM
Author: musey
John Krasinski. Can''t resist him. I worried myself for a little while over that crush!
3.gif

I go for the witty, loafish sidekick characters as opposed to the leading men. I like the leading man''s best friend
2.gif

ETA: LOL, Ebree! Only 60 seconds apart.

EagainTA: I had a big crush on Topher Grace for awhile at the beginning of college. I went to a taping of That ''70s Show, and he was such a butt on-set that it totally turned me off to him
7.gif

Kiefer Sutherland is my out-of-character TV crush. My friend kept telling me that if I watch 24 enough, I''d ''get it.'' I SO didn''t until about a season in, then I was sold!!
30.gif
31.gif

Yeah, I like the leading man''s best friend too. One of my all time favorites (pre-"Entourage") is Jeremy Piven. He''s been in so many cancelled shows and in many romantic comedies (like "Serendipity") -- I love the characters he plays and he seems like such a cool, down to earth type of guy in real life.

I like Topher Grace also. I didn''t really watch "That 70s Show" so I don''t know him well (like I know him at all, really!). I like him in the movies though.

ooohh, John Cusack! More for his personality than for his looks but I love him a little.

E B

Ideal_Rock
LOL, Musey! Great minds/tastes.
9.gif

I thought of another one, too. Chuck from "Chuck". I haven''t seen the show yet, and to be honest, it looks horrible, but I swoon every time I see the commercials. His smile is ADORABLE. I go for the nerdy, cute, funny guys over pretty boys any day. I prefer tall and lanky to ''cut'' and muscular.

Oh, and Musey...

gimmeJK.jpg

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Clive Owen. So hot!!!
Plus the British accent helps out, too!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 7:31:38 PM
Author:zoebartlett
I''m in love with TR Knight. Really. I know it will NEVER happen but I can dream, can''t I? We''re a season behind in watching Grey''s Anatomy, so when the 3rd season comes out on DVD on Tuesday, we''re going to try to watch all of the episodes so we can watch the fourth season in when it premieres at the end of the month.

In general, I tend to go more for the cute and cuddly type rather than the ''I''m too hot for my own body'' characters. I wouldn''t say no to them but if I were to have a real relationship with any of them, I''d opt for the teddy bears. One major exception is Matthew McConaughey.

Others that fall into this category for me:

Scott Foley (from Felicity)
Scott Wolff (''Bailey'' from Party of Five)

What about you?
Sorry zoe, he''s mine.
5.gif

25.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen 300??? Any of the Spartan warriors will do it for me
36.gif

I tend to like the huge muscular manly man type in movies. Yummmmmmy! Hello pecs and abs!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
EBree, you''ve given me my JK fix for the day!!
18.gif
Why THANK you
31.gif
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 7:45:22 PM
Author: zoebartlett

Yeah, I like the leading man''s best friend too. One of my all time favorites (pre-''Entourage'') is Jeremy Piven. He''s been in so many cancelled shows and in many romantic comedies (like ''Serendipity'') -- I love the characters he plays and he seems like such a cool, down to earth type of guy in real life.
It''s funny you mention that, Jeremy Piven has actually developed a reputation for being one of the biggest a**holes in th business. My friend (a script supervisor) worked with him on the Entourage set, and quit after one week because he couldn''t deal with Jeremy''s ''tude.

I thought he was a major cutie until I started hearing stories like that
25.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and EBree...
31.gif
12.gif

John-Krasinski-Elle-large.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, now I need to remove myself from this thread, my heart will start aching for John Krasinski....
31.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no...not Jeremy Piven!! Seriously, I love him. Maybe not in the role he currently has but he''s one of my favorite best-friend-of-the leading-man crushes. What, exactly did he do to make him seem like a jerk? Just out of curiousity. I love behind the scenes gossip.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
General "I own you" behavior. A script supervisor is not the person who will run your ridiculous errands, make your coffee, call your agent, etc. but Jeremy Piven apparently lumps all production people into the "my personal slave" category
20.gif

As someone who actually was one of those menial "personal slaves" for a time, I can tell you it is NOT a job that parts of the production team should be expected to do! Those people are far too qualified, and have far more important things to do.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 9:30:48 PM
General ''I own you'' behavior. A script supervisor is not the person who will run your ridiculous errands, make your coffee, call your agent, etc. but Jeremy Piven apparently lumps all production people into the ''my personal slave'' category
20.gif

As someone who actually was one of those menial ''personal slaves'' for a time, I can tell you it is NOT a job that parts of the
production team should be expected to do! Those people are far too qualified, and have far more important things to do.

I was eating at a restaurant in LA and Jeremy Piven came in. He was on his cell phone and just kind of seemed like a douche. I could just tell, you know? I love him in Entourage, though-Ari is absolutely hilarious!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite boys have dark hair and blue eyes. I LOVE Luke Wilson. I would probably get arrested for what I''d do to him if I saw him in real life.
11.gif
Same thing with Jake Gyllenhaal...yum! I loved him in Brokeback Mountain. Such a hot gay cowboy!

I also have a HUGE crush on Paul Rudd. I don''t know if anyone has seen Wet Hot American Summer, but his character in that movie is amazing and I''ve had a giant crush on him ever since I saw it.

I like boys who are cut, but not too muscular. Jakey (as my sister and I like to call him) has basically the perfect body, in my opinion.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmhmm, Paul Rudd. Definitely John K., and certainly Jeremy Pivens...also Jason Perry vs. Matt LeBlanc, can''t stand Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, lol! I really do go for the realistic looking guys on film. Too bad none of them are very tall, I just can never fantasize about a man I know irl is shorter than me, ha.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love brad pitt''s classic look honestly...in mr and mrs smith in those sweaters with that kind of half smirk, my god he was just to die for. but lately he looks too much like robert redford for my taste, not into that at all. i love when he''s clean shaven, cropped spiky hair, yum.

other than that...clive owen is mega HOT. interestingly enough i saw a picture recently in a mag of him with his wife, who he met like 12 years ago in some play they were both in. she''s not a hollywood type at all...but he ADORES her and had a quote about how he''d never mess up what they had...i thought it was great to see that not everyone dumps their ''before i was famous'' wife like a hot potato after they get famous like so many other guys.

i also mega puffy heart ryan reynolds...in van wilder, lol, those layered tshirts and flip flops, be still my heart!!! i''m reliving my college years there i guess.
31.gif
oh and josh duhamel of course. those washboard abs. fergie is a lucky lucky gal.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not from the movies, at least not until recently, but I LOVE that nerdy guy who plays "Mac" on the apple commercials! I have seen him in a few movies lately, but can''t remember his name.

I love the nerdy guys too what can I say...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 2:15:44 PM
Author: neatfreak
Not from the movies, at least not until recently, but I LOVE that nerdy guy who plays ''Mac'' on the apple commercials! I have seen him in a few movies lately, but can''t remember his name.
Ha! His name is Justin Long, he used to be on "ED" and according to the gossip rags he was spied making out with Drew Barrymore in NYC last week.
9.gif

Add me to the JOHN K. list puh-leese.
30.gif
And I''d like a little Jack Black/Justin Timberlake on the side
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gotta go with Mcsteamy from Grey''s:

Eric Dane:

ericdane123.png

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 8:47:47 PM
Oh, and EBree...
31.gif
12.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And how could I forget Paul Rudd? He''s also got a spot in my top three.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT''S what I''m talkin'' about.
31.gif

paulsexy.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree Ebree! I had forgotten about Paul Rudd but he''s definitely one I''d add to my list.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Fun topic. I am not really feeling anybody right now, I kinda go through phases.

Love David Duchovny though, hot and snarky.

Jason Dorhing from Veronica Mars, yum.

Brad Pitt doesn''t do it for me, esp b/c of his personality.

And sorry to agree with Musey, but have on good account that Piven is a major a**. And has been even before he was more "successful".

Generally lilke quirky hot, really smart, but not too doughy. So dorky hot- also see Johnny Depp, Richard Gere, Viggo Mortensen, Luke Wilson (though he is really really small IRL). Mark Ruffalo.

Although for pure beefcake, Daniel Craig in Layer Cake had me drooling with his Steve McQueen vibe.

Paul Rudd has to be the funniest thing in almost everything he''s in- the scene in Knocked Up when he is in Vegas on the chairs literally had me crying I was laughing so hard. That makes him very sexy to me.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 7:45:42 PM
Author: EBree
LOL, Musey! Great minds/tastes.
9.gif

I thought of another one, too. Chuck from ''Chuck''. I haven''t seen the show yet, and to be honest, it looks horrible, but I swoon every time I see the commercials. His smile is ADORABLE. I go for the nerdy, cute, funny guys over pretty boys any day. I prefer tall and lanky to ''cut'' and muscular.

Oh, and Musey...
Ebree, I like your taste in men! John K. from The Office is so charming... I was so excited to see him in "The Holiday", ans shocked to see that they squandered the opportunity by only having him onscreen for 18 seconds!

As for "Chuck", I''ve seen the pilot and it was one of my favorites. Definitely worth a watch. The lead is "ador(k)able" and the production values were so tight that the main problem is wondering how they could keep up at that level week-to-week. (There''s a car chase scene that looks like it was out of "The Italian Job", and the camera work seems more "movie" than "tv".)

As for "MAC" from the commercials, Neatfreak, you might be surprised to learn that he played the teenaged nerdy gymgoer in "Dodgeball"!

Oh, and for all the Clive Owen fans... add my name to the list.
37.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Movies- of course I''m planning to kidnap Johnny Depp.

TV- Julian McMahon. Fell in love with him first by wathcing that show ''Profiler''. Now he is on ''Nip/Tuck. The dark hair/light eyes combo is my Achille''s.

Simon Baker- even though I normally don''t go for blonds. Loved him in ''The Guardian'' then he was on that show with Ray Liotta (where they are thieves) It was cancled after like two shows.

Julian Sands in anything. I love his angular features. Another blond but has this great, aristocratic, British look.

I love Kiefer Sutherlund''s voice. I find it really sensual and almost hypnotic. In my crazy imaginary world I want him to sit and read my erotic poetry.
31.gif

My favorite thing to hear him say- "Where''re you going, Star?" (line from the movie The Lost Boys)

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
I admit it...I like the big men. Big men with very deep voices are REALLY my thing.

Moves: I''ve always had a crush on Vin. I''ve posted the shower photo before. Hubba hubba! Jake, especially as buffed out as he is now, is yummy, too.

TV: I don''t watch much TV, but Nigel Barker from America''s Next Top Model cranks my chain.

My current crush: Peter Steele... 6''7" of green-eyed buff manliness complete with a voice that''s so low, he sounds like Nosferatu himself.

Peter.jpg

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Nicki, why did you do that to me? Don''t even get me started on Mr. Steele....

I''ve seen him play live a few times... and... I''ll stop there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results