shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of camera do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
I''m interested to know what kinds of cameras everyone uses. What kind of extas do you use as well (like tripods, flash, magnifiers, ect)?

Some of you guys have such crisp, clear pictures! Mine are awful
20.gif

So... tell!
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a Cannon Power Shot A 570 on the recomendations of many PSers and I couldn't be happier. Total bang for buck, easy to use, and still has some great advanced features. Price was fabulous (100 bucks less than I was looking to spend). I bought it through Costco, BTW.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, you''re just so helpful!
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I use two......for diamond pictures and take-alongs, I use the Canon SD850IS. Sharpness is due to image-stabilization technology.

I also use a Canon S5, but I''m not finding it great for macro jewelry shots due to the lens size being larger.....too much obstruction to do good macro.

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
Hi nebe,
I bought my camera from http://www.mkdigitaldirect.com/ and they have great customer service. They will talk and guide you until you get the perfect picture.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/14/2007 4:08:23 PM
Author: Yekutiel
Hi nebe,
I bought my camera from http://www.mkdigitaldirect.com/ and they have great customer service. They will talk and guide you until you get the perfect picture.
OooOooo.. thank you!
36.gif

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Before maing a decision you should check out www.dpreview.com They are the best camera comparision/review site out there. You can even do side by side comparisons of different models. I would definitely go with a DSLR if you want to take amazing pictures. I have a Nikon D50 and it is incredible. My wedding pictures taken with my D50 look professional all on their own!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use a canon SD800 IS. It was a gift last holiday season.

I would always advise AGAINST any olympus model. I''ve had a great amount of trouble with them. My mom was loyal to olympus from the days before digital... so my first two cameras were from them. Both crapped out before they were 1 year old, and Olympus found a way, in both instances, to not honor my warranty through some technicality loophole. Ugh
20.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh... we are a family of Nikon users! SIL and my father have D40''s, my brother, FIL and I have D70''s and my DH and BIL have D80''s. I don''t even know why I bothered buying my own camera since I''m always with DH on trips. Even at home, I always end up using his camera.

Jesterjigger''s suggestion to go to www.dpreview.com is great advice. Great site with lots of info! Also, check out www.kenrockwell.com. Another site with good camera reviews.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine's outdated, but it's a Cannon point and shoot.

And no extras, just me steady hands, the sun, or lack of, and my ring.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mara, if you''re reading this...

What kind of camera do YOU own exactly?
2.gif
3.gif
5.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results