Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
calvinandhobbeskillingtime.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll start.

I have 2 favorite times of day.

First thing in the morning when everyone is asleep and the world around me is peaceful and quiet and we are enjoying our morning coffee and breakfast and all is calm.

And my other favorite time of day is right at bedtime. I get in all snuggly and warm and comfy cozy with a full day of activity behind me and I am relaxed and ready to get some sleep.

What is your favorite time of day and why?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right away in the morning. Coffee in the peace and quiet with the puppies and my hubby. I look forward to it the night before!

There’s nothing like it. The early morning all peaceful and calm. Enjoying it with our sweet DHs and furbabies. ❤️Oh and coffee. Ahhhh. Coffee.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted late evening, when my girls have finally gone to bed & Mr T & I can snuggle on the sofa & watch something on the TV. I actually also like early evening when we are all eating dinner together, as well as the moment I fall into bed with my book. I really enjoy the few deep breaths I take as I lie there, all snuggly & warm, before I start to read.

Early morning for me is pretty chaotic, as I have to wake the girls, gee them up to get clean & do teeth, hurry them to dress, run downstairs to make breakfast, all the while having mouthfuls of my own breakfast, then herd them out of the door to drive them to their respective schools. After that i head out for a beautiful, quiet run. Prior to that moment it's bedlam :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted late evening, when my girls have finally gone to bed & Mr T & I can snuggle on the sofa & watch something on the TV. I actually also like early evening when we are all eating dinner together, as well as the moment I fall into bed with my book. I really enjoy the few deep breaths I take as I lie there, all snuggly & warm, before I start to read.

Early morning for me is pretty chaotic, as I have to wake the girls, gee them up to get clean & do teeth, hurry them to dress, run downstairs to make breakfast, all the while having mouthfuls of my own breakfast, then herd them out of the door to drive them to their respective schools. After that i head out for a beautiful, quiet run. Prior to that moment it's bedlam :lol:

Kids change the whole picture. Peaceful tranquility is worth its weight in gold. Enjoy those calm delicious moments @Alex T ❤️ You deserve them.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love sleeping! And my other favorite part of the day is evening when I am done working and can focus on myself. I love the mornings on the weekends or on vacation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love sleeping! And my other favorite part of the day is evening when I am done working and can focus on myself. I love the mornings on the weekends or on vacation.

Ooh that’s a great point. It depends on if one is on vacation or home and working etc. Thanks @bling_dream19 ! Ahh vacations. I remember those.

One disadvantage of being retired is the contrast between on and off time isn’t as great. I guess as long as Greg is working though there will be some differentiation.

:)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an owl and not a lark, and prefer the evenings and even the small hours in the morning.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an owl and not a lark, and prefer the evenings and even the small hours in the morning.

That used to be me. I wouldn’t start my evening til 10pm lol. Once I started my residency and had to be there by 7AM my whole circadian rhythm changed. I remember the days of being out dancing the night away fondly though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That used to be me. I wouldn’t start my evening til 10pm lol. Once I started my residency and had to be there by 7AM my whole circadian rhythm changed. I remember the days of being out dancing the night away fondly though.

I seldom stay up after midnight nowadays, except for special occasions such as NYE.

I fondly remember being up at about 05:00h New Year's Day morning only 3 to 4 years ago. Not sure if I still have that kind of stamina anymore.

Old age is creeping up on me for certain!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I like mid morning when my bones are not too stiff:) I have bad arthritis which is a pig first thing in the morning. I do enjoy a late night movie though=)2

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
About 7:30 PM when the golden retriever and German Shepherd puppy decide they've played enough and I breathe a sweet sigh of relief..so does the golden retriever. The GSD puppy is six months and as big as the golden. It's almost like having small children again. That loveseat is where I sit! Stinkers!! IMG_8598.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 7:30 PM when the golden retriever and German Shepherd puppy decide they've played enough and I breathe a sweet sigh of relief..so does the golden retriever. The GSD puppy is six months and as big as the golden. It's almost like having small children again. That loveseat is where I sit! Stinkers!! IMG_8598.jpg

Awww they are so beautiful. :love:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the predawn when the stars are still out and there is no traffic
i used to start work at 6.45 so had to get up early to walk or latter when i transferred branches, to train to work
its the best time to listen to Bruce Springsteen (who an i kidding any time is the best time to listen to Bruce Springsteen)
then listening to the birds wake up
they wake up really early
i like to think im a norning person but i enjoy that first 1-2 hours on my own

then the evening
listening to the birds gossip before bed
then at night when its quiet and still and all the stars are out
its the best time for listening to Bruce Springsteen
when its a lightly cooler, maybe its frosty even and i wish it was safe to have a fire pit or a braizer, and i wish we had a varrander or a deck ...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like mid morning when my bones are not too stiff:) I have bad arthritis which is a pig first thing in the morning. I do enjoy a late night movie though=)2

dam it :(2
that is no good.
im sorry to hear that

i feel it now, after years of working outside - my freind says from not wearing long sleeves or long pants

my fingers ache in the winter because i hate gloves

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awww they are so beautiful. :love:

Thank you! The GSD, Nova, wakes me up sometimes during the night needing to go outside. I stand and love to look at the stars. JoJo is the golden is trying her best to "train" Nova...but Nova is in that "turdler" stage...turd/toddler. LOL!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll start.

I have 2 favorite times of day.

First thing in the morning when everyone is asleep and the world around me is peaceful and quiet and we are enjoying our morning coffee and breakfast and all is calm.

And my other favorite time of day is right at bedtime. I get in all snuggly and warm and comfy cozy with a full day of activity behind me and I am relaxed and ready to get some sleep.

What is your favorite time of day and why?

This. Morning spent on porch and evening I get to snuggle into our comfy bed with my pup and hubby (probably should have said hubby first, huh?! )

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First thing in the morning, maybe around 6am, on a day that I don't have to work.
It's all quiet, just me and my cup of chai.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Afternoons on days when the cleaning lady is done & before the kids get home and make a mess lol.
It's clean & quiet for a bit then.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 of 21 PSers voted first thing in the morning.

My wholly unbaised, wholly objective conclusion:
There is something fundamentally wrong with all y'all's.
Anyone who likes mornings is just Not Right.

Me? Late afternoon - right as the sun starts to set and the wind stirs. I love the promise of a cozy evening to come ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me? Late afternoon - right as the sun starts to set and the wind stirs. I love the promise of a cozy evening to come ::)

Hahaha well, if my first thing in the AM is 4AM does that count as morning or middle of the night?
:wink2:

:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

your so funny yssie
mental not to all 10 of us.
if we ever get lucky enough to meet Yssie in real life make sure we meet for afternoon tea and not breakfast !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coffeeandcats.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dessert and a big pot of tea at night with hubby while watching the Great British Bake Off.

PXL_20201116_124822300.jpg

OK so now it is 7:14AM and despite having enjoyed breakfast already I am starving for this delicious pie...lemon chiffon?

:lickout:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so now it is 7:14AM and despite having enjoyed breakfast already I am starving for this delicious pie...lemon chiffon?

:lickout:

Lemon meringue! Although I saw them make lemon chiffon pie on America's Test Kitchen and I want to try that one day too!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you @yssie ! I'm not a morning person at all lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @yssie ! I'm not a morning person at all lol

As we get older I think many of us become more morning people than we were when we were younger. Just a generalization that may or may not apply to the younger individuals here. I used to be so not a morning person and was out all hours of the night and slept in til 1PM or so. I could share stories. But now. OMG. Now I am literally awake by 3/4AM for the day.

::)

On the plus side I do get a lot accomplished before most people are even awake. :ugeek:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm in love with l'heure bleue, or that period of twilight when the sun is just below the horizon and everything is blanketed in soft blue light. In winter, the blue hour is especially magical.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results