shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your Favorite Dessert???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2007 10:42:25 AM
Author: KimberlyH
I forgot to add my mom''s carrot cake to my list! She makes the best carrot cake ever.
You wouldn''t happen to have a recipe for that would you Kim, that we can add to Miss Ellen''s new Recipes thread - pretty please with sugar on???
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
EBree, would you be willing to share your grandmother''s recipe? The name of it intrigues me.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also LOVE bananas foster and bread pudding...how could I forget?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Great Thread!

My favorites are:
Tiramisu
Key Lime pie
Cheesecake
Lemon curd things like lemon bars
Carrotcake (I love the frosting)
Really good chocolate
and creme brulee

Currently I have in the fridge the leftovers of a Tiramisu I made for a party based on a Cooking Light recipe. Since the recipe relies heavily on non-fat cream cheese... it tastes an awful lot like Tiramisu Cheescake! Yum!
18.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

-My Mom''s scones with Devonshire Creme and honey.
-creme brulee
-fresh gingerbread cake
-crepe suzettes
-carbs from the French bakery on 17th!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 10:25:00 AM
Author: Skippy123
Kaliegh,
where do you buy chocolate tater chips??? Hmmm sounds yummy!

Miranda,
I agree w/you, See's tastes better than Godiva. Isn't Godiva owned by Nestle or something like that??
I have never had See's but sure willing to try!

Skip, have you tried Fauchon chocolate? I know Harriet knows it...
31.gif
They are literally to die for... First had it here in NY as a gift which I LOVED, but it was in Paris I tried their Gianduja (which is a hazelnut truffle-type chocolate in some triangular form) and I almost cried. It was Nutella on steroids. Amazing. It's addictive, be careful!

Also a fan of anything with sugar. Matter of fact I was so bad, I made my own sweets. I would go to my dad's office when I was little and amuse myself in empty spaces and such. When I got hungry for sweets (which he didn't have) I concocted the most disgusting thing (looking back). I took heaps of non-dairy coffee creamer powder, and sugar, added a bit of hot water and made it a paste. Then I would heap the spoonfuls into my mouth until he found me in the kitchen all comotose on a sugar high. He never knew.
9.gif

I actually can't cook as much as I can bake. I am an avid, pie, cookie, cake, souffle, brulee, dessert maker. Hence why I am a 4th level cake decorator... so I can make it pretty and then EAT IT!
11.gif
9.gif
My version of buttercream is so insane that my friends beg for the recipe. My secret dies with me.
11.gif

Also, Neuhaus and Dove chocolate are quite excellent runners up. I also just discovered Max Brenner Chocolate. Favorite so far (only one I had really) was the dark chocolate creme truffled spiced with cognac and rolled in a cocoa powder. Delish!
30.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Red Velvet cake
remember the bleeding armadillo in steel magnolias?

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
SEE''S CANDY!!! In particular, Milk Chocolate Buttercreams and Lemon Buttercreams.

I''m sure I''ll think of others.
3.gif
I love See''s!! The whole time I lived in Germany my grandparents would send me and my sisters 2 pound boxes for Christmas and 1 pound boxes for Easter. Such fond memories. When I lived in California I was wolfing it down left and right (chocolate and vanilla buttercreams, the raspberry creamy ones, the round buttercreams with sprinkles, the coconut ones, and the brown sugar rectangle ones are my favorite). Now that I''m on the East Coast I''ve ordered it online a few times but I''ll tell you, it just ain''t the same.
7.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
I found the website for Fauchon! I will have to give them a try. You sound like a dessert lover at heart; you making up things in your fathers office cracks me up. I bet you were the cutest little girl w/your sugar concoctions. hehe

Sharon,
What does the 17th bakery serve? What is your favorite? Where is the 17th bakery?

Lorelei and Mara you true dessert lovers; I knew you wouldn't let me down!!! Your lists sound yummy! I always love to read about Mara and her desserts and how she describes them; she makes you feel like you ate it too! hehe
Lorelei, I too love carrot cake minus the frosting!!

Kimberly, you need to post the carrot cake recipe. YUMMO!

Storm, my hubby LOVES Pumpkin pie too! In fact every Thanksgiving we need to make my hubby his own pumkin pie and one for the rest of us! That is what he looks forward to each Thanksgiving; that is the only time he eats it (thank goodness).
11.gif

Indie, I love Tiramisu!!!! Do you mind giving us your recipe?

DiamondFan, I LOVE bread pudding, especially banana berry bread pudding!

Starset, I never tasted red velvet cake. Is it chocolate cake w/red dye?

Marcy and Miranda, I love Snickerdoodles!!!! When I was in girl scouts I got in big trouble because I would tease some other girl scout who made them that they were really called Stinkerdoodles! Gosh, I was a big tease
11.gif
Everytime I eat one I think of how bad I was calling them Stinkerdoodles. hehe

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
All the desserts sound so good but my fav is Oreo''s and a glass of cold milk.
30.gif
yummy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 12:07:59 PM
Author: Julianna

SEE'S CANDY!!! In particular, Milk Chocolate Buttercreams and Lemon Buttercreams.

I'm sure I'll think of others.
3.gif
I love See's!! The whole time I lived in Germany my grandparents would send me and my sisters 2 pound boxes for Christmas and 1 pound boxes for Easter. Such fond memories. When I lived in California I was wolfing it down left and right (chocolate and vanilla buttercreams, the raspberry creamy ones, the round buttercreams with sprinkles, the coconut ones, and the brown sugar rectangle ones are my favorite). Now that I'm on the East Coast I've ordered it online a few times but I'll tell you, it just ain't the same.
7.gif
ahh, that is sweet of your Grandparents to bring you See's. My in laws who live on the East Coast look forward to their holiday box of See's.

Macie, I love Oreo's too!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results