shape
carat
color
clarity

what is the sq footage of your current home?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 4:26:31 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 6/21/2008 5:12:10 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I forgot to add that the ''rent''s house is 3,500 sq ft (3 bedrooms, w/ 4 toilets, 1 bath, 1 shower and 1 bath/shower aka 1 1/2 bath, 1 full bath, and two 3/4 bath-it''s confusing) with a oversized 3 car garage that brings the square footage to 5,000. On 1.7 acres.

Yes, that means that my parent''s garage is about 1.5 times the size of our condo.
20.gif

And my dad won''t move because he can''t find another house with a garage thats big enough.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

And IndyGal! Don''t hate me either-we''ve got the 937, but the second bedroom is really just a storage room, and isn''t usable for living (unless you''re a turtle and have to live in there with all of the stuff).
2.gif
Er, what''s a 3/4 bath?
In this case they have two master bathrooms that are 3/4. My mom''s has a sink, toilet and a bathtub. My dad''s has a sink, toilet and a shower. So because neither one has both shower and a bathtub, they are considered 3/4. I think.

Either way, it''s going to make it very confusing when my dad sells the house.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, ok! Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, that is going to be difficult to convey in super-short real estate abbreviation lingo.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 1:10:26 PM
Ahhh, ok! Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, that is going to be difficult to convey in super-short real estate abbreviation lingo.
Yeah, can you imagine: 1- 1/2 bath, 2- 3/4 bath, and 1 full bath. Hahahahaha!!!!Or if you just add them up: 3 full baths? Oy. But that''s how she wanted it because she takes baths and he takes showers and they don''t like to share, so whatever works...

The powder room is lovely though. It has some kind of forest green beeswax plaster stuff on the walls, an antique mirror, pedestal sink and it''s HUGE for containing what it does. Probably 8 x 8 or around there?

If I go up there later I''ll take a pic of it.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1100 sq feet - (sometime in future will be adding about 300 sq feet - did the kitchen remodel first) - 1 bath, 1 car garage, conventional foundation, gorgeous red oak floors throughout, and in great shape generally. Nice sized lot . In town, nice older neighborhood with mature trees everywhere, close to everything we need, great highway access both east and west of us. Oh, and it was wildly inexpensive. You young folks looking at the genuinely stupid prices - even today, would probably weep to hear the price I paid for it...
2.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1700 Sq Ft (2 floors) + full basement (not included in Sq Ft). 3 BR (and I am using 1 as an office). Detached 2 car garage.

Basement is dry (and does not even have a sump pump) - and was not affected by the recent storms & flooding

A bit large for just me & willing to share.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Previous house we had was 2 story with a fully-finished basement at 1400sf (w/o basement). Our new house is 2135 with 4 br, 2.5 bath and 3 car garage (which is now a man room!!). We are very happy here and prob won''t need to think about upgrading until ~20 years down.... Who knows maybe by then we will be sick of keeping up the large place (just 2 of us an kitties) and move to a beach condo!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ve got an alleged 2400 SF on 4 levels. Even using the new math I can''t get to that SF number. The must be adding in the garage, roof deck, and some random rooms from the neighbors next door. Really it is more than enough space. We could do with one less room and be fine. Ironically though I bet our next place will be bigger...
20.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
small....about 800-900 sq ft I think. However, we are planning on moving after my phd is done into a home that is about 2000 sq ft depending on where we move and how are savings are coming along. It will be soooooo nice to have more room someday. Luckily I am a minimalist and don''t have much stuff so there isn''t a lot of clutter around to make things seem smaller.

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
We have 4300 sq ft .... 5BR, 3.5 BA, an au paire suite (we don''t have an au paire, so it is DH''s "mancave") and a 2-car garage. We thought we''d be retiring in this house, but I feel as if we have already outgrown it. I''d love to have another 1000 sq ft and more land.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
4,000 sq ft on 2+ acres. We don't have kids, but plan to have at least one. And we'll probably live here for a very long time, unless the housing market does something crazy and we can move to my dream location. If that ever happens the house will definitely be smaller and we'll have a lot less land.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 1:17:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 6/22/2008 1:10:26 PM

Yeah, can you imagine: 1- 1/2 bath, 2- 3/4 bath, and 1 full bath. Hahahahaha!!!!Or if you just add them up: 3 full baths? Oy. But that''s how she wanted it because she takes baths and he takes showers and they don''t like to share, so whatever works...

The powder room is lovely though. It has some kind of forest green beeswax plaster stuff on the walls, an antique mirror, pedestal sink and it''s HUGE for containing what it does. Probably 8 x 8 or around there?

If I go up there later I''ll take a pic of it.
Sounds lovely.
1.gif

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
2300 sq ft - 4bd/2.5ba. We''ll probably stay here for a while. It''s a good size for us, it''s in a great location, and the backyard is lovely as well.

We may decide to upgrade at some point, or move to a house with only 1-story (which is our preference), but this house fits our specifications so well, it seems almost silly to move.

We''ll see how we feel after we get some years under our belts though!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
We are moving July 1st to a 4 bedroom, 2.5 baths, two-car garage townhouse. It is new construction and about 1900 sq feet. Not fabulously big but I am excited. Plus all the boys get their own room
1.gif
= less fighting!

I am supposed to be packing BTW
This computer will be the last thing I pack
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 11:39:35 AM
Author: diamondfan
Ephemery, thanks! That is what I hope but you never know.

We still have to get a philly gtg going!

Isaku, how bout you come here? I do not need a spare MIL I need a good one to begin with. The position is vacant!
Be careful what you offer, DF. I just might take you up on that!
36.gif
35.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Tiny, tiny. I have you all beat on smallness. 452 sq. ft. historic beachfront hi rise condo. For what I paid in So. Cal. I could have 2800 sq. ft. 4 bds., 2 story, brick, 3 car garage, full basement on the golf course here in the midwest
23.gif

Once the market swings back a bit I think I''ll sell. I don''t actually need more room but it irks me all the same.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 6:18:10 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Tiny, tiny. I have you all beat on smallness. 452 sq. ft. historic beachfront hi rise condo. For what I paid in So. Cal. I could have 2800 sq. ft. 4 bds., 2 story, brick, 3 car garage, full basement on the golf course here in the midwest
23.gif

Once the market swings back a bit I think I''ll sell. I don''t actually need more room but it irks me all the same.
Nooooooooo! Don''t sell! It sounds perfect! There are drawbacks to living in the midwest...Such as not having the Pacific as your front yard!

When my kids are grown and gone that is EXACTLY what I want. Do you have kids in 452 sq ft?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Miranda...you better not sell, if you do, it better be to me!!
30.gif

I just think of it as much less to clean up.
31.gif

I have 1350 square feet, according to the Recorder''s office. I never actually measured. But I would give anything for a decent size master bedroom, a bathroom that holds all my "girl tools" (blow dryer, hot curlers, flat iron, small and large size curling iron AND a salon type over the head dryer for those days you use regulars curlers and need to look salon ready)

I don''t even care if I have a kitchen, until I have someone to cook with or for.
17.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
I currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment at 1050 sq ft. When I get married I will definitely get a house, hopefully the same size as my parents'' 4 bedroom home (6000 sq. ft) with 2 acres of yard. They will never upgrade but I would still be open to it!
2.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
1200 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 car garage. When we reached our early 40s, all of our friends were buying larger houses, generally farther out from the city. We decided we had enough space and stayed where we were. Yes, it is possible for four people to share one bathroom.

Now, with higher gas prices, the trend to move farther out into the country and have a long commute may be reversing. I like to think that we were ahead of the trend, not behind it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 7:29:01 PM
Author: Harriet
Harriet, I was in your city last week and thought of you. We had a blast, as always, and ate some amazing food.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Ours is 3240 sq. ft. with 5 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. We live in Staten Island, NY. It seems alot smaller though with the kids, the dog and the cat, and of course, us!

E B

Ideal_Rock
About 2300 sq ft, but we rent. When we buy, we'll likely be looking at smaller houses, since I doubt we could afford the size we live in now.

Who knows!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
We live in an old tudor built in 1926. It is 4500 sq. ft. 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 labs - it is just right. Another baby might make it tight, but I really don''t want anything bigger.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Interesting thread!

We downsized a few years ago, when DD was in college. The new house is a charming Cape Cod, 1500 SF (not counting the full basement), on 1.1 acres. Plenty of room for me and DH and Boo.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 7:30:25 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Harriet, I was in your city last week and thought of you. We had a blast, as always, and ate some amazing food.
Do let me know the next time you''re here and have some spare time.
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 5:31:12 PM
Sounds lovely.
1.gif
I took some pics. I''ll post a couple in my thread in the "Who''s Who" subforum.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 10:20:00 PM

Date: 6/22/2008 7:30:25 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Do let me know the next time you''re here and have some spare time.
35.gif
I should have let you know this time. I promise I will and we can spend a bit of time browsing jewels, or just oggling yours, which are amazing.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries. I''m sorry you came in such dreadful heat.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so far
34.gif
looks like the avg PSer''s home is over 3200 SQ ft.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results