shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think.. this SI2 eye clean?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually hate to venture into SI2 eye-clean territory but, with my eyes, it certainly looks like it could be eye-clean.

Did you ask JA? And at what distance if so?

ohhihellothere

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response!

Exact words from JA:

"The SI clarity grade is based on twinning wisps that are generally colorless (it does face up "eye clean")."

..didn't know how many grains of salt to take this with

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
ohhihellothere|1413300100|3766884 said:
Thanks for the response!

Exact words from JA:

"The SI clarity grade is based on twinning wisps that are generally colorless (it does face up "eye clean")."

..didn't know how many grains of salt to take this with

maybe do a search on twinning wisp and learn more about it. here's one i found they mentioned about positioning of the prongs when you have twinning wisps:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twinning-wisp.26447/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/twinning-wisp.26447/[/URL]

there's a tiny black carbon under the table, i'm not sure if your eye will be able to pick it up
other than that it looks good

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twinning wisp are usually one of the better inclusions to have because they are difficult to see.

Did you ask them if the twinning wisp, cloud or surface graining affect the brilliance of the stone?

Most PS vendors are honest with their interpretations of what they see because they want you to be happy and
don't want you to have to send back a stone you're not happy with.

Sometimes you have to make sure you ask all the right questions.

BTW...the idealscope looks very good.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would usually not buy an si2 but that one looks pretty darn good!

ohhihellothere

Rough_Rock
^your inclusions pretty noticeable?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nope, mine is eye-clean, but it looks like hell magnified, LOL! I had an eye-clean SI2 previously too. They are out there, and they are a great deal!

ohhihellothere

Rough_Rock
Just as an update, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to located an inclusion and think I MIGHT have found one, but could easily be wrong.

I'm going to take this as a good thing :)

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This stone is 100 % eye clean and a good SI2 .
This is the best type of SI2 to get.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
I'd say there's a reasonable argument that you can't tell if a stone is "eye clean" by looking at a magnified digital image. SI2 is definitely in territory where it's possible to see inclusions with the naked eye. If the person at the vendor looked at it and said it is, I'd recommend clarifying with them what their definition of eye clean is. How far away (6"? 10"?), from the side or top, and in what lighting.

Not everyone has the same definition for it. The gemologist there might consider it eye clean at arm's length and declare it so; if you see an inclusion when holding it, were they dishonest? :read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results