shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I went to a Monique Lhuillier trunk show today. It seems like every time I go dress shopping, there is one that totally blows the rest away. This was it. It is 10% right now, which would bring it into my budget (at the top). The great thing is that I have a pic so I can get your opinion on it. I am swimming in it, and we have it pinned to look more like a trumpet style (it is more a-line). I would have it altered to make it more form fitting at the waist and top of the hips.

ltfmltrumpet.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the other one I am considering, which I don''t have a picture of.

rkvneckdress.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
they are both beautiful and your figure is so fantastic I''m sure you can wear anything:) I prefer the second dress, but it would be better to see you in it b.c you look great in the first one too!
9.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Bella_mezzo.

I guess I should also show the backs of the dress. These will be the model pics.

moniquebackltf.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Legends by Romona Keveza dress, I am kind of liking the Monique better...

rkledgandsbackltf.jpg

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m with you, I LOVE everything about the Monique on you: it totally flatters your amazing figure (jealous!!), I love the detail on the top (don''t know what to call it - criss-cross?) although I may be biased because I tried on a bunch of dresses with that type of top and fell in love, the tiny double straps, the front and the back having the V shape...just everything
30.gif
You look gorgeous in it!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monique. While they are both similar and fairly simple, the Monique has a more unique flair to it.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Monique better. They''re both beautiful in their simplicity, but I really like the back of the Monique!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
when i first saw this post, my opinion was i could go either way. i really love the classic simplicity of both dresses. but then i just saw the backs: monique, monique, monique!!! that back is gorgeous (and so is the front)!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone, the more I think about it, the more I am thinking Monique. I almost put the deposit down yesterday, and than the sales lady said I could have a couple days to think about it after I could''t get a hold of my MOH. I am new this state, so I have no girlfriends to shop with. After I got home, I started to waver, than I looked at the pics of the back (it was pinned on me so I could not appreciate it) and I realized the Monique is much more unique. I love the buttons, and the way the dress flairs.

jjc - yes it is called criss-cross, at least that is what the Monique rep was calling it. She pulled the dress and told me to try it on. I almost passed it over. I love the tiny double straps too. I am not a fan of strapless, but I think this one has enough that it enhances my neck line. My MOH said that is her fav part of it. Thanks for the complement on my figure. I actually feel weird at those shops, because so many of those dresses are made for girls with fuller chests. I am sure when I get my size, it will feel better.

Freke and Travel Goddess - thanks for your opinions. I kind of like simple dresses. I am hoping to spice it up with some fun jewelry
31.gif

lulu66- thanks for your opinion too....I realized after I saw the back on the model, I should put it up here.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both dresses. So I am not much use! I will say that I love the back from the Monique though. Its really pretty.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it looks that amazing pinned, it''ll be out of this world gorgeous altered properly
9.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I love the Monique on you... stunning!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I love the back of the ML, just gorgeous! It''s simple but with a unique flair.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment

Looks like the Monique is winning. I am probably going to decide tomorrow. Would still love to hear more opinions
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Monique looks like it was designed with your body type in mind. I''m sure the RK is a beautiful choice for many brides, but for you, compared to the Monique, I''m thinking it would look a bit generic.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
another vote for the monique! it''s absolutely stunning on you. love the criss cross top and dainty straps and the back is so beautiful!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
The Monique has that lovely drama in the back.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I would have given my left foot to afford a Ramona Keveza or ML gown for my wedding! You are one lucky woman!! Gushing aside, I love the ML. LOVE!! So gorgeous. The RK is gorgeous too but I adore every detail about the ML. The thin thing straps, the stuff going on in the front and the unique back. Go for it!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 1:12:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Monique. While they are both similar and fairly simple, the Monique has a more unique flair to it.

ditto there is something just beautiful about the Monique, both are beautiful though :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m loving the ML, especially on you. It''s gorgeous. I think I like it significantly better than the RK.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Ltl, You look amazing in the Monique! You have a lovely figure!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your opinions and kind words
1.gif

I put the deposit down today. The Monique is my wedding dress!!! I am so excited. I got the 10% discount, plus they are adding extra length at no charge. Without the trunk show, there is no way I could have been able to afford this. They are still not sure what size I am. My top half and bottom half are different sizes. The sales lady is calling the Monique rep to see how much the hips matter (i.e. how fitted is the skirt). Once that is figured out the order will be sent.

I will be sure to put up pictures when my dress comes in, but it will be a few months.

gls

Shiny_Rock
Great choice!!
I love the back of it!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I prefer the Monique! It''s beautiful on your figure and the back is gorgeous.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 7:27:32 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Thanks everyone for your opinions and kind words
1.gif

I put the deposit down today. The Monique is my wedding dress!!! I am so excited. I got the 10% discount, plus they are adding extra length at no charge. Without the trunk show, there is no way I could have been able to afford this. They are still not sure what size I am. My top half and bottom half are different sizes. The sales lady is calling the Monique rep to see how much the hips matter (i.e. how fitted is the skirt). Once that is figured out the order will be sent.

I will be sure to put up pictures when my dress comes in, but it will be a few months.

Congrats :) fantastic choice I say so exciting when you find the one :) and YAY for the discount :)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
First one no question. I LOVE it on you. Especially the delicate straps. Even if it''s huge on you right now, I think you look incredible.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the Monique. It looks amazing on you!! You can definitely dress it up with jewelry. Will you be putting the downpayment on it?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this new gown...I really like the lines of it. I'm not so hot on the shiney fabric on the other (2nd picture) gown.

EDIT - just read that you ordered the ML! Yay!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So glad you ordered the ML!!!!!! The back is TDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results