shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you love most about PS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d have to say...all of the above!

Great jewelry, great people!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love that I can come on here and share in so many wonderful and special moments in peoples'' lives.

I love that my opinion is not disregarded because of my age (it''s nice to be 21 and have people listen to me sometimes).

I love that the overwhelming attitude on this board is one of respect. It''s rare to see members gang up on each other or fight.

BLING. I''m so thrilled I discovered this website before any major jewelry purchases. I''m going to be so spoiled.
27.gif

I love how much support is given. People on this board have each other''s best interests at heart and even when we disagree, it''s still caring. How wonderful!

I love that even when we don''t have bling to show off, we can show off our travel photos, our furbabies, or (as in my case) drastic changes. We can share what makes us happy and what we''re most proud of, even when it''s not our bling.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2007 9:56:11 PM
Author: princesss
I love that I can come on here and share in so many wonderful and special moments in peoples'' lives.

I love that my opinion is not disregarded because of my age (it''s nice to be 21 and have people listen to me sometimes).

I love that the overwhelming attitude on this board is one of respect. It''s rare to see members gang up on each other or fight.

BLING. I''m so thrilled I discovered this website before any major jewelry purchases. I''m going to be so spoiled.
27.gif

I love how much support is given. People on this board have each other''s best interests at heart and even when we disagree, it''s still caring. How wonderful!

I love that even when we don''t have bling to show off, we can show off our travel photos, our furbabies, or (as in my case) drastic changes. We can share what makes us happy and what we''re most proud of, even when it''s not our bling.
I''m right there with you. I was 20 when I first found this board, and everyone has always treated me with nothing but respect nevertheless. Makes a nice change... Two years later I''m planning my wedding, and yesterday a lady at the bridal shop was so obnoxious to me you wouldn''t believe it, calling me "young lady" and being rude and dismissive as if I was a child playing dress-up.
14.gif

So, thanks everyone. I''m not sure everyone knows how wonderful it feels for us!
1.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Though not entirely sure why I return...

a) the valuing of discrimination. This is probably reflected in notes others have made about grammar, and most certainly, in the studies....both formal and informal...that writers and readers engage here in, with respect to diamonds. According to at least one religious tradition I know about, this is a significant characteristic for what makes us human (our discriminating behavior).

b) the human voice that comes across. Surely, the sense of community is part & parcel here.

c) the humoring of my mind & writing that is given some space here. Sometimes, anyway. Actually, when commented on, even sourly, I can tell someone has tried to listen. Consistent with this, I like the even occasional feedback.

It's a magnetic place. Thanks for causing us to reflect on this.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/18/2007 9:27:22 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
I love the feeling of community, and how people get to know one another.

It''s like a watering hole I can come to at the end of day and partake of a long, cool drink of water.

Plus I''ve gotten a ton of business out of it. Pleasurable, yet practical. My cup of tea.
How about the Ideal Rock Status Membership you collect from us..monthly Richard? .
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are so many reasons I love it here!

The bling, of course. So many pretty and lovely things, some sentimental, some just wowza, and all fun to see.

Having a great sounding board/support system for anything, not just bling related stuff.

Seeing how, on certain threads, a consensus really emerges when you start reading the posts...if someone is looking for advice or support, it seems, for the most part, that a very clear path starts to appear...of course, it is also interesting to read the differing views too. And most everyone is so genuine and real and trying to be helpful and kind.

The exposure to people from so many places and so many different cultural norms, with the common thread that we all like bling!!! But it is so much more than that ultimately, which is great.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I come here to read threads like this!!!!
36.gif
I just read most of the posts and found myself nodding and smiling, and thinking that I couldn''t come up with anything that hasn''t already been said. I''ve always felt welcome here, and I also appreciate spending precious leisure time with likeminded people who seem to be of good character, above-average intelligence, and generous spirit when it comes to sharing knowledge and advice on whatever the subject matter of a thread is.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 9:41:47 PM
Author: scarleta

It''s like a watering hole I can come to at the end of day and partake of a long, cool drink of water.

Plus I''ve gotten a ton of business out of it. Pleasurable, yet practical. My cup of tea.

How about the Ideal Rock Status Membership you collect from us..monthly Richard? .
20.gif

I seem to be having trouble collecting on that, Scarleta. Buncha deadbeats, these Ideal Rocks.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The people and see all the beautiful jewelry!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What they said, and:

High traffic and high participation rates.
It''s not moderated into oblivion.
It''s not dominated by DBL And The Yellow Radiants, which seems to be what went wrong w/ that other forum.
The best new technology in the business is definitely here or at least gets mentioned here.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
....what everyone else has said!

I belong to at least two other on-line forums and none are as user friendly or just plain friendly as Pricescope. I just love the fact that one can come here looking for advice and assistance for one thing (diamonds/jewelry) and then end up staying around for completely different reasons. And I have to echo the sentiments of those who stated that the PS challenges them to be more mindful of grammar and spelling and how thoughts are conveyed in the virtual world. It''s been a pleasure being a member here. And I hope to continue as long as I am welcome.
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the fact that I get to help people make an important purchase occasionally, and that I may be saving them from going through what I went through.
14.gif
And to help give back what I personally got from this site before purchasing. That''s really the main reason I stayed.

Then I got to love so many of the people here, you are a great bunch. No need to name names, you know who you are.
slider_grouphugg.gif

And I LOVE the feeling I got in finding this place and knowing what that means (the BEST of the BEST sparklies), kinda like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
5.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen, you are such a sweetie pie!

I love the people who absorb and then share info here! I try and help but we actually have some super duper PS that do awesome in Rocky talk. I will go in and want to help but then I read some threads and they got the best help for other PS''ers (hoping to be like that someday soon). hehehe

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been around long enough to contribute to the board much, but this place is a wonderful haven for those of us looking to learn and run our (sometimes dumb) questions through the brains of the incredible wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise here. I had thought I knew a fair amount before lurking here, but once I started reading, I realized I knew next to nothing compared to you folks.

You are a warm, caring, amazingly-informed group of people, a group that is very patient with evaluating stones or honestly critiquing purchases, and I think you are all wonderful.
1.gif

Oh yeah, and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to drool over your beautiful rocks!!! *swoons*
9.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
What I love the most about PS is that it is always something I look forward to. it's all my own for no one else to share, my safe haven and best indulgence. I know i don't write that often, but I am always reading everyone's post and have grown so fond of many of the people here- It is so nice to be part of a group of people that i have never met, but respect so much- I love how encouraging people are, how much they are willing to help others make the best decisions and get the best that they can afford. This is my place, my thing and i don't know what i would do without it-

I can honestly say you all are wonderful! You are the Biggest, Blingiest, Sparliest IF, D Colored, Ideal Cut GEMS a girl could ask for...No upgrade neccesary- you all are more bling than I can handle!
31.gif
31.gif

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
In summary:

- looking at all the wonderful jewellery
- having a place to ask all those weird and wonderful jewellery questions that you just cant ask anyone IRL
- reading everyone elses weird and wonderful jewellery questions
- the positive atmosphere and general topics

I probably spend way to much time checking in here to see what is happening and if any new pieces have been posted.
19.gif

cheers
D2B

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 10:47:29 PM
I love all the babes...
classic :}
now the real reason comes out!
They love you too!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ivana, though all the sentiments have been so wonderful, yours really hit me in the heart! I agree with what you said totally...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I was going to say how poignant Richards post was...and then he posted another one about BABES. So those of you reading mine...I don''t mean he was poignant about Babes but about crystal clear watering holes, and drink for when you are thristy, and cups of earl grey, and glasses of mango and orange pekoe over ice. Great writing Sherwood!

For me...release. Have to have some place where the windbag
emotion-20.gif
can blow! Hubby no longer hears me. PS...gives me
s p a c e and bold fonts and little funny
9.gif
3.gif
2.gif
36.gif
icons. 24
emclock.gif
/7. Whoosh-I feel much better.

DKS

PS. I love
emlove.gif
my homeboys too!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/22/2007 10:47:29 PM
I love all the babes...
At the risk of offending your significant other, you''re a babe yourself, LOL! Good for you for being honest even if it is tongue-in-cheek! Hope to have the pleasure of working with you someday, your work is fantastic.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 11:53:03 PM
Author: diamondfan
Ivana, though all the sentiments have been so wonderful, yours really hit me in the heart! I agree with what you said totally...

emembarrassed.gif
aww thanks Diamondfan! I was thinking a lot about you with what I wrote, you big sparkly thing you-

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shucks, I am blushing!!

But honestly, this is one of my favorite things, I really like to log on and be transported. I can always find something great to read about or give advice about, and like to think I help some of the time...it is a very satisfying sensation.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I LOVE most abt this forum is the amazing way that PS''ers look out for one another, not just abt bling (though of course that''s a lot of fun). You guys are smart, intelligent and you really care!

I also love being able to share in one another''s life, interests etc.

It''s so much fun being on here and very rewarding in so many ways.

(PS. Hubby has also commented abt how great this forum is and encouraged me to participate more - though initially he complained that I spent way too much time on here and was not paying enough attention to him!
2.gif
1.gif
).

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
The site is full of characters: good, silly, strange, wise, and just plain likable... it's like you can't help but love them!

At dinner parties I am either flocked by women who want to talk about large diamonds and jewelry, men who want to talk about cost and the science of cut and gemology, or people who are trying to get a discount or want your help looking for a diamond. It's fun, but I feel that the general public knows so little that I end up repeating myself ad nauseum trying to dispell myths of diamonds and gemstones and answering the same basic questions...

But on this forum, not only do people KNOW what I mean when I say "an SI feather on the bezel facet", but I learn so much from people online that it's great learning about the scientific part of gemology I don't often interact with in the antique field. It's more like art dealing on this side and it's nice to know the whole field to put things in perspective.

Plus, there's always Richard Sherwood...
28.gif
9.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2007 11:26:26 PM
Date: 8/19/2007 9:41:47 PM

20.gif

I seem to be having trouble collecting on that, Scarleta. Buncha deadbeats, these Ideal Rocks.

Richard: how about you go after " cut rocks" May have some more luck there...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 10:54:17 AM

Date: 8/19/2007 11:26:26 PM

Richard: how about you go after '' cut rocks'' May have some more luck there...
Yeah. Tell them there''s an initiation fee.
27.gif

9.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Great suggestion Ellen.Richard will be impressed I think..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lien, my hubby says he is a PS widower sometimes! But there is nothing like it when I need a little break and it is great to come on here and read about so many different things!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to start a new thread to say this, but then I remembered this, so I''ll just post it here.

I love this place because you people make me laugh. Sometimes a lot. Last night I was still giggling over a couple posts from yesterday. I like that. I like to laugh. Is good for the soul.

So, thanks.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results