shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you love most about PS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We all keep coming back for a number of reasons. What do you appreciate the most about this forum?
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love seeing such a large variety of people here. Everyone comes in with different backgrounds and interests, but (especially for an web forum) contribute to a very harmonious and mutually beneficial community. People really look out for one another here.

If I post, on any subject, I can count on getting honest opinions and support--even though I haven''t even met a single one of you in person. The forum is so active that I''m sure of getting a number of responses from MANY different perspectives, which always helps me consider the subject from every angle.

Thanks PS!
35.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
The BLING!!!!

All of you girls......and boys.

The advice!

The chance to help others.

The fun!

The outside perspective on issues!

The BLING!!!! wait....I already said that.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The comraderie, sharing passion for bling with like minded people. There is always something to talk about, love seeing people's projects, hearing about their weddings, pregnancies, etc... Too many reasons to list!!
3.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
ditto! BLING BLING BLING

I used to love how Irina and Leonid would come out to play...I thought that set the tone of the bored.

I love how people say what they mean and mean what they say, it's a cyber-rarity!

I love photoshop project opportunities!

Edit: Board not bored- must excuse the freudian slip!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 2:25:34 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
ditto! BLING BLING BLING

I used to love how Irina and Leonid would come out to play...I thought that set the tone of the bored.

I love how people say what they mean and mean what they say, it's a cyber-rarity!

I love photoshop project opportunities!

Edit: Board not bored- must excuse the freudian slip!

I enjoy seeing what you come up with too Iwannaprettyone!

I am glad we have Andrey
35.gif

We have a good group here and I love looking at everyones beautiful pieces
30.gif

Thanks PS!!!
9.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The bling.

The experts who chime in.

The way people always try to help each other out and give good advice.

This sounds really snobby, but the fact that people here have a certain level of intelligence and write their posts with proper grammar and spelling. I tried some of the UK wedding forums, but so many posts were written in ''text speak'' and with no punctuation so it was very hard to read. And 99% of the comments contained swear words and were just totally inane (swearing is okay when necessary, but not every other word!)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that I can speak to so many different types of people! I would never have the chance to converse with people from all over the world and I think its amazing!

I have asked many weird and wonderful questions! I have been supported through hard times and celebrated with in happy times. I try to support others and if I don''t have an answer I will post anyway - sometimes just having someone with you can help.

Its a wonderful place to hang out and I love it here!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Living vicariously through other people''s jewelry purchases, and being inspired by them.

Getting sound advice and opinions when undertaking my own new purchases or projects.

The personalities and caring of all the fabulous people here.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
learning stuff then passing it on
Good friends, good fun :}

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a friendly, welcoming place where the members give encouragement and support to each other.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
So many reasons come to mind right away, but I may come back to add more
emotion-5.gif

The eagerness of PS''ers to come and provide help for any situation that might arise - bling related or not.

I too don''t want to sound snobby, but the grammar and usage are great here - no real swearing, lots of symbols make the point :). Very little "text slang" too. A big plus when you''re a retired English teacher.

The knowledge that is shared about almost everything; although I have to admit that some of the techie stuff goes waaaay over my head.

Strm''s jokes, and straight from the hip advice.

Wifey2b''s beautiful photography and giggle :)...not to mention, the anticipation over their (hopefully soon) nuptials. Will you invite us all?????

The tone of the posts is upbeat (with a few exceptions).

OK, to see the bling (but that was 7th on my list ;-)

The willingness of those who can photoshop ( thanks, iwannaprettyone ) to help others like me envision their *dream pieces*.

OK, my time''s up....for now :))))
35.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that everyone genuinely tries to help each other. I love the bling and I love seeing when people get engaged or married. I love speaking to people from all over the world

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I first came to PS to see all of the fabulous bling
Then I hung around a while shocked by all of the caring advice and moral support
I joined because it inspired me to do whatever I could to help, too
And I stay because I believe that in the end, we are really just conglomerations of all of the people we meet in our lives, and I''m proud to have a bit of every PSer in my conglomeration

PS is truly a community of caring, well-intentioned, open-minded people, and I feel really grateful to be a part of it. And the fact that we use proper grammar and "real" language (vs. text language) doesn''t hurt, either! (Another English teacher--can you tell?)
34.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love talking to people from all over this country and others. I love reading other people''s advice and it''s fun to share in someone''s excitement over something. It''s great to know that honest answers to questions are given. People also genuinely seem concerned when a tough situation arises. Even though I''ve never met anyone on PS, I feel as if I ever did, we could become friends. I lurk on threads when I feel I don''t have much to contribute and I reply when I have something to say. Either way, I feel that''s okay. People often have differing opinions and it makes PS a very interesting place to visit.

I came to PS when I wanted to learn as much as I could about diamonds for my engagement ring. I doubt that I would have known about Whiteflash had it not been for their glowing recommendation. I used to be very wary of the idea that you could actually get quality pieces of jewelry from an online vendor. Not anymore! So thank you, PS, for teaching me and providing a place where vendors, people in the trade, and others with varying degrees of knowledge can come to learn and share.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love...

hearing about people's projects
living vicariously through other people's jewelry purchases
looking at all of the amazing pictures
hanging out with like-minded people (from all over the world) who love diamonds as much as me
there's always something to talk
learning from experts
getting advice and opinions
hearing about engagements, weddings, pregnancies

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
I love learning from all the people on this forum. I''ve learned so much about diamonds, settings, jewelers, etc. Now when my husband or I make a jewelry purchase, we feel confident that we''re getting the best quality for our money. Before finding this forum, I made a loot of expensive mistakes when it came to jewelry. Thanks to everyone who posts here!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Pictures, pictures and more pictures
Knowing that I have a great resource for any future diamond purchases
The WWTer thread
Getting to talk to people who love jewelry as much as I do about a variety of subjects

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, there''s so much (and so many people) here to love!
30.gif
The education aspect is tremendous. I learn something from pretty much every thread I read, regardless of the forum. The enabling is also great.
12.gif
I also love just looking at everyone''s jewellery.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a great casual water cooler for me since I work from home. I read what I want to read, respond to what I want, and feel no pressure to do otherwise.

There are lots of bright, humorous and wise people around as well.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The bling!

The wedding planning advice

How everyone''s so good at putting up with how indecisive I am (
26.gif
)

The support, laughs and frienships

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
There are so many things I love about this board. First off, the people. I always know every opinion will be treated with respect, for the most part. There are so many women and men on this board that care!!! There is so much knowledge about so many things...From diamonds...To paint colors...To nail polish colors...To fashoin advice...To Global warming. I love all of the thoughtful replies. This is a silly example, but, in the FHH pregnancy thread there was a few posts on NY not allowing hospitals to give mothers formula to take home. The posters cared and were worried that the government was taking away a right. On a parenting board many of the women were unconcerned saying that breastmilk is better anyway. They didn''t get it! I guess it is a passion for life that I see so many people from this board having.

Oh yeah, and the bling is outstanding!!!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is the first forum I have ever joined. I just love the caring and encouraging people here. So supportive. And the jewelry....so fun to share!!!

Thanks, ALL!!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 3:33:47 PM
Author: Pandora II
The bling.

The experts who chime in.

The way people always try to help each other out and give good advice.

This sounds really snobby, but the fact that people here have a certain level of intelligence and write their posts with proper grammar and spelling. I tried some of the UK wedding forums, but so many posts were written in ''text speak'' and with no punctuation so it was very hard to read. And 99% of the comments contained swear words and were just totally inane (swearing is okay when necessary, but not every other word!)
I like this as well.

The variety of perspectives here is fun, too. So many things are discussed here.

This board is sometimes a sounding board for me, and when I posted about my cousin''s bcancer many ladies chimed in to give ideas and share experiences. There is definitely friendship and goodwill here.

I like that I read about things here that I would possibly not be interested in otherwise -- it opens my eyes to new things.

AND THE BLING!!! That''s what I initially came here for, after all!
2.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
PS is just a great place to hang out! LOL!

I started off as a lurker. Eventually, I asked a few questions. Now, I am a regular participant.

I truly enjoy being able to oooo and ahhhh over everyone''s projects and purchases. Along with the bling, however, I also truly enjoy being around so many different people from so many different places with so many different views. I enjoy the variety of off-topic discussions that take place along with the blingtastic discussions.

The bling might bring us together... but the continuous support and debate ensure there is never a dull moment.

1.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Nice topic Musey.I stumbled on this site while looking for some diamond info.As I learned more and more thanks to all the people who so willingly replied I begun to like it here and ventured to this forum.I am not computer savvy and never really joined other forums or chat lines.So what kept me here is all of you people who always are willing to " listen" and help out.Where else can one go at any time and just ask for help.I am very found that I found this site and always received lots of info on several issues.You can just " let it out" and surely help will arrive from many.That is relly great.
So I am very happy here and will continue to learn more and help out if I can.
Thanks to everyone for beeing here..

Yes and the intelligence of people here I forgot to mention.I often have to take a dictionary out as I am posting to make sure to spell properly, because most of you write so nicely.I am sure I miss sometimes , but I am trying my best here.So i get double benefit because i also improve my English skills.The administration here is also very helpful always staying on top and even helped me to attach a pic once ( that I could not do myslef ,not for the luck of trying believe me.They edited and put the pic for me so it made it easy for everyone to see what I had in mind.Thanks to administration for keeping this site so well organized.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The people are VERY friendly.

PSers are willing to share their knowledge.

I just LOVE seeing the photos that people post.

I need a place to chat about jewelry ''cause nobody else IRL is as jewelry focused as I am.

Thank you all for making PS a warm welcoming and informative place!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2007 11:25:29 AM
Author: scarleta
Yes and the intelligence of people here I forgot to mention. I often have to take a dictionary out as I am posting to make sure to spell properly, because most of you write so nicely.

Scarleta's posting stopped me dead, suddenly giving me the reason why I come here. I had been reading along, agreeing that people were friendly, that it was enjoyable to look at jewelry, etcetera, when she again said that people here write well.

Several other people had said that people who post here are generally intelligent or generally write gramatically; Scarleta added the detail about taking out a dictionary. It made me realize that I come here to READ and, thereby, be entertained. I come to the computer and look at Pricescope instead of picking up my latest legal thriller.

Yes, I feel connected to others who post here. If I didn't, I wouldn't bother to e-mail or call them. Primarily I come here to be entertained, though. For me to be entertained, the forum would have to be sufficiently stimulating intellectually and acceptable gramatically or I wouldn't be. It isn't snobbishness. I am simply not entertained by bad grammar. When I am speaking to a human being, I know he is of value whether or not he speaks well. I try to thrust his grammar away to some other region of my brain while I focus on the content of his speech. Laboring to understand the people with whom I am trying to communicate is not relaxing, however. It can be rewarding at times, but not relaxing...and I generally come here when I want to be entertained passively.

Deborah
34.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
My main love of PS is the family that one builds while they are here - each there for each other in good times and in bad - maybe we do not always post on every posting, and sometimes that is due to just not knowing what to say, but always saying a little prayer for someone who is having a bad time - maybe evening shedding a tear, and then always rejoicing with one in their happinesses. There is no other way to state it then belting out..."We are Family!!!!!" giggle :}

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I love the feeling of community, and how people get to know one another.

It''s like a watering hole I can come to at the end of day and partake of a long, cool drink of water.

Plus I''ve gotten a ton of business out of it. Pleasurable, yet practical. My cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results