shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you keep in your car?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
besides junk?

BB&B 20% coupons. 12" cast iron skillet. usually paper towels and Windex.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:36:02 PM
Author: justjulia

Well, you''ve reminded me of what all I carried when my kids were young. It takes me back to a happy place! (I love my teens mind you, but I''m hopelessly sentimental about the early years, too..) Treasure these days...they fly by.
I try, and I know they will! Some days are easier than others, lol, but I wouldn''t trade it for the world! I say this as my four year old is shaking an ant farm!!!
32.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:42:49 PM
Author: MC
Mine has:

Scissors
Packing tape
A roll of TP
Papertowels and/or napkins
Umbrella
Water
Two kids'' booster seats
Canvas grocery bags
Tons of pens
Post it notes
Hand lotion (l''occitane
1.gif
)

Definetly nothing exciting or expensive!

ETA - and I try and vaccum regulary and keep a shop vac in my garage. I''d say on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being IMPECCABLE), my car is normally a 7-8
Reminds me--I need some wipes in there. I had some and they ran out. I HATE being sticky--and we do eat on the go sometimes... So, what''s the tp for? (Or is that too obvious?)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:44:35 PM
Author: JulieN
besides junk?

BB&B 20% coupons. 12'' cast iron skillet. usually paper towels and Windex.
ooh, nice! lol I forgot about the BB&B coupons. I ALWAYS stick those in my glovebox thinking I''ll use them. lol

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
besides junk?

Oh man, those BBB coupons have babies at my house! lol I get them all the time! Never use ''em! (Bed Bath and Beyond)
Okay, what the heck is the skillet for?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:45:23 PM
Author: 777_LDY

Date: 8/25/2008 8:36:02 PM

Well, you''ve reminded me of what all I carried when my kids were young. It takes me back to a happy place! (I love my teens mind you, but I''m hopelessly sentimental about the early years, too..) Treasure these days...they fly by.
I try, and I know they will! Some days are easier than others, lol, but I wouldn''t trade it for the world! I say this as my four year old is shaking an ant farm!!!
32.gif
Awwww, I love 4 yr olds. I work with them. They say the darndest things.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:48:27 PM

Mine has:

Scissors
Packing tape
A roll of TP
Umbrella
Water
Two kids' booster seats
Canvas grocery bags
Tons of pens
Post it notes
Hand lotion (l'occitane
1.gif
)

ETA - and I try and vaccum regulary and keep a shop vac in my garage. I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being IMPECCABLE), my car is normally a 7-8
Reminds me--I need some wipes in there. I had some and they ran out. I HATE being sticky--and we do eat on the go sometimes... So, what's the tp for? (Or is that too obvious?)
Oh, yeah, I forgot, I have wipes also. Diaper wipes for when my kids eat something like doritoes and end up w/orange finger.

As far as the TP, I haven't had to use it for it's true purpose! lol Never know when I'll be doing some unexpected hiking!
1.gif
Really, when I moved I ended up sticking odd and ends from the house in the car and later thought, huh, a roll of TP. . . I should keep it there just in case. Yesterday I used some of it to squish a spider that was crawling around. Poor little guy.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:53:03 PM

Date: 8/25/2008 8:48:27 PM

Mine has:

Scissors
Packing tape
A roll of TP
Umbrella
Water
Two kids'' booster seats
Canvas grocery bags
Tons of pens
Post it notes
Hand lotion (l''occitane
1.gif
)

ETA - and I try and vaccum regulary and keep a shop vac in my garage. I''d say on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being IMPECCABLE), my car is normally a 7-8
Reminds me--I need some wipes in there. I had some and they ran out. I HATE being sticky--and we do eat on the go sometimes... So, what''s the tp for? (Or is that too obvious?)
Oh, yeah, I forgot, I have wipes also. Diaper wipes for when my kids eat something like doritoes and end up w/orange finger.

As far as the TP, I haven''t had to use it for it''s true purpose! lol Never know when you''ll be doing some unexpected hiking!
1.gif
Really, when I moved I ended up sticking odd and ends from the house in the car and later thought, huh, a roll of TP. . . I should keep it there just in case. Yesterday I used some of it to squish a spider that was crawling around. Poor little guy.
Ohhhh. Yea, I need something for the errant bee that always follows us into the car. I''m always so afraid my driver in training son will lose his composure when a flying thing appears...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:55:21 PM
Ohhhh. Yea, I need something for the errant bee that always follows us into the car. I''m always so afraid my driver in training son will lose his composure when a flying thing appears...
ooh, I think a driver-in-training son sounds much scarier than a bee! Good luck
2.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:57:24 PM

2.gif
Amen sister. Amen.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:58:56 PM

Ohhhh. Yea, I need something for the errant bee that always follows us into the car. I'm always so afraid my driver in training son will lose his composure when a flying thing appears...
2.gif
Amen sister. Amen.
hahah I just have to laugh. A few years back, my two little boys drove one of those battery operated jeeps (see: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3103084 ) and as they were giggling and driving down a little private road, they CRASHED it and ran into a kid's bike! We were at a 4th of july party and everyone thought it was hilarious but, man, I could just see them being out of control monsters when they turn 16. Hopefully the driving age is changed to 18 by the time they're teenagers.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 9:11:02 PM

Date: 8/25/2008 8:58:56 PM

2.gif
Amen sister. Amen.
hahah I just have to laugh. A few years back, my two little boys drove one of those battery operated jeeps (see: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3103084 ) and as they were giggling and driving down a little private road, they CRASHED it and ran into a kid''s bike! We were at a 4th of july party and everyone thought it was hilarious but, man, I could just see them being out of control monsters when they turn 16. Hopefully the driving age is changed to 18 by the time they''re teenagers.
My son is 18 and doesn''t have his license yet. He just got his learner''s permit. It''s mainly because he goes away to school, so missed drivers Ed, etc...
On topic, I keep nothing in my car except water bottles. We live near a college, and I had my prize tennis racket stolen out of it. Man that pissed me off. So car is locked at all times. Nice neighborhood too. I hope whoever took my racket loses every match!!!
11.gif
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
21.gif
Well, I have a safety kit, jumper cables, a jack and huge jug of water in the trunk. I have a white sweater and black sweater in the back seat; there have been many times I have been cold so I run out to the car and grab a sweater. I should really just leave one in there. I have a sunshade during the summer for the front window and in the back seat I have 3 canvas grocery bags for the grocery stores so I don''t need plastic bags or paper bags; I have my own! hehe
21.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
tissues and a flash light. in the summer time i keep a change of clothes in case something comes up and i want to do something fun right after work

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Julie, I keep my BB&B coupons in the car too.

Also I always have a few bank deposit envelopes. Not much else. An umbrella, stroller, a pen, and some change.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 9:52:46 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Also I always have a few bank deposit envelopes. Not much else. An umbrella, stroller, a pen, and some change.
I am putting my BB&B coupons in my trunk as I type. I always forget them and have a ton of them. Between DD and DS going back to school, they will help a lot.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 9:56:35 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 8/25/2008 9:52:46 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I am putting my BB&B coupons in my trunk as I type. I always forget them and have a ton of them. Between DD and DS going back to school, they will help a lot.
2.gif

They do Lisa! I keep them in my glove box. Plus you can use 3 or 4 at a time AND use them on anything. So great!!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Empty water bottles
Bicycle helmet
shoes (I tend to kick them off as soon as I get in the car so there are several pairs including heels, flip flops, and tennis shoes)
socks
change
a sweatshirt

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2008 8:50:27 PM

besides junk?

Oh man, those BBB coupons have babies at my house! lol I get them all the time! Never use ''em! (Bed Bath and Beyond)
Okay, what the heck is the skillet for?
Hey, ya never know when you''re gonna get the munchies, and a 12" cast iron is the most versatile piece of cookware you can own.

j/k. I moved back home after school, and I never took it out of my car...it''s heavy.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A pair of cheap sunglasses, and that''s it! The window was broken out of my car and my brand new purse was stolen out from under the seat a few years ago in broad daylight in my work parking lot. After that, I keep nothing at all in my car. I don''t want anyone thinking they might want something inside!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m a lady and a mom now, so I carry a couple toys, 3-4 pairs of sunglasses, extra wipes and clothes for both of us, a blanket, tons of cds, extra contacts and a pair of glasses, and maps of the 3 states I visit most. (These are all very organized and most of it is in a water resistant duffel in my trunk) Of course, in the midwest, a winter emergency kit is a must (including tow straps), and a jack, spare, and jumpers.

Before I was such a "lady", in my truck I carried a tackle box, fishing pole, sometimes a rifle, and often a bale of hay. And there was usually a box of wheat thins and a couple diet dews.

When I was going to school and working full time, I also carried a full change of clothes and would change while driving to work (even nylons!)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also try to keep these handy wipes that are really nice, come in lavendar and lemon and smell amazing.

I try to keep bottled water and napkins too, as having a kid in the car can be messy. But I really hate when they eat in my car...once years ago some apple juice got spilled under the seat and the carpet mildewed and smelled and I had to tear it out it was so bad!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I keep a huge Mexican blanket, tissues, a car cell phone charger, an FM transmitter for my iPod, various shoes, a sweatshirt, a pen, a bottle of water, and various schoolbooks (although I should probably take those out since I graduated three months ago!).

After reading the posts here, I think I will definitely have to put some more emergency gear and my BB&B coupons in there.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
my ipod...i take it everywhere! and extra pair of sunglasses, vaseline, and an inhaler.. i have SEVERE asthma

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely nothing. I live in the city.

We have emergency stuff in the trunk... a shovel, snow brush, washer fluid, a blanket, flashlight and jack/spare, but inside the car itself we have nothing! Too tempting to would-be thieves. I once freaked out because I left a quarter in the little pocket in the door.

My MIL treats her van like the car the OP mentioned. It''s stuffed to the gills with all sorts of stuff. It''s like she''s preparing to flee at any minute and needs her covered wagon or something. I freaked her out the one time she visited us because I told her that she had too much stuff in her car and it might get broken into. She hasn''t been back. I think maybe I scared her! Tee hee!
36.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
- Yoga mat (yoga addict!
10.gif
)
- Extra pair of running shoes for the gym, in case I forget my regular ones at home
- Black blazer or coat of some sort because I am always cold
- Sunglasses
- Mints
- Loose change
- CDs

And then the practical stuff...
- First aid kit
- Several pairs of gloves, 1 or 2 wool hats
- Snow scraper
- Flashlight
- Small fleece blanket

I live in Canada, can ya tell?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Whew, I just got in. Now to catch up...

MC-It is scary, driving anything at any age!
Kaleigh-I can't believe the nerve of some people. You would think they'd be paranoid playing with it-since it could possibly be identified out in the open and all. However, I guess they most likely pawned it?? That's the pits.
Skippy-I should carry bags, but I never remember-I'm bad. But I do reuse the plastic ones for trash cans.
12.gif

radiantquest-Change of clothes sounds like a great idea. In the summer I used to stash towels in the back...
Julie and Lisa-I don't keep bbb ones but I am carrying 3 stouffer's casserole ones as we speak!
Kimberly H-23-You sound organized.
Julie-You are funny...I got rid of all of my cast iron at a yard sale. Hate the stuff.
Deegee-whoa...that would definitely make me do the same. So sorry!
Somethingshiny-NYLONS? NYLONS?? (that takes talent) (how'd you do that?)
DF-Ohhh yeaaa, been there with chocolate milk. (eww)
Kittybean-I still have school books stored away-I'm sentimental and I always think I'll still need them to look things up...but they're getting kinda OLD.
CBS102-Severe asthma is a scary thing. Mine is mild and I can't imagine having it worse. I can't have carpet, etc...
Sumbride-"covered wagon" too funny-but really, how can a person find what they want when they want it?
Absolut_blonde-I took a yoga class with my daughter once and we giggled our way through it-we were hardly model students.
25.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
JJ, I kept getting the car cleaned but never thought to look UNDER where the carpet goes under the seat. Finally, the smell was making me so sick I could only drive with the windows down. Took it to be detailed and they pulled out this black with mildew piece of carpet. The sugar in the apple juice really speeds it up! It was so gross.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 5:56:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
JJ, I kept getting the car cleaned but never thought to look UNDER where the carpet goes under the seat. Finally, the smell was making me so sick I could only drive with the windows down. Took it to be detailed and they pulled out this black with mildew piece of carpet. The sugar in the apple juice really speeds it up! It was so gross.
That''s true-wouldn''t think to look there either. I found a cup of orange juice that had fermented once. It. Was. Bad.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the front and back seats:
A pad of paper and a pen, an umbrella, ice scrapers (two, JUST IN CASE! You can''t go anywhere here in the winter without an ice scraper), book bag for work filled with ungraded papers (another teacher here), an extra jacket, loose change, and various perfumes and cosmetics in the console for touch-ups.
It looks pretty clean.

In the trunk:
Lawn seats and a blanket for summer concerts, ball and toys for the doggies, emergency tool kit, roller blades, bike rack (folded down).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results